Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692160 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18045 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22:03 am »

I'd say this qualifies.
I KNOW. I've been busy, he's probably been busy, and I haven't seen him. Remember how today's MSH Roommate Chronicle began with me lamenting having my only night of full sleep in weeks interrupted? Yeah, that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: November 17, 2012, 02:24:14 am »

Remember how today's MSH Roommate Chronicle began with me lamenting having my only night of full sleep in weeks interrupted?

Actually no, I've been flying all over the country for a week, getting not too much sleep for various reasons (see: WTF thread) and I'm behind on my raeg reading.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: November 17, 2012, 01:01:35 pm »

Theres no reason to tel them about homework you aren't planning to do at home.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: November 17, 2012, 01:13:32 pm »

So there's this prisoner in Belgium that got transferred to a monstary (her crime was letting children starve, it's a complex case. There's probably a english version out there, google Michelle Martin). But anyway, she had a meeting with someone today, it was secret and what they said too. There were some mediators there too.

Now, this is what happened.

Completely accidently, a cell phone fell out of one of the mediator's pockets, hit the button to call the last called number, wich in this case was a journalist, so he heard the entire thing.

Yeah, sure.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: November 17, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »

from now on, I think I'll only mention I have homework if it needs doing over the weekend. I have a sort of aversion to lying, but this is really pissing me off now.
It isn't lying if you never were going to do it at that point in time. Whether you do or do not have homework is not the point if you know when you're going to do it, what of it you need to do, and if relevant, the due date for it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: November 17, 2012, 01:36:26 pm »

I would have believed it if it was pocket-dialing, and the phone stayed in the pocket, because how the holy crap do you not notice something like a cell phone falling out of your pocket?!

...The large number of college students I see in the bookstore losing their cell phones notwithstanding.

And since when do phones still have a redial button? My phone has to go through two or three menus to do that.
...And it has a flip-cover, so pocket dialing is impossible.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: November 17, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »

Really Greece? Really?
In case you haven't heard of this, basically some bohemia devs were arrested for espionage when they were doing research in Greece for ARMA III, taking photos of fortifications and all that stuff.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: November 17, 2012, 05:45:57 pm »

Really Greece? Really?
In case you haven't heard of this, basically some bohemia devs were arrested for espionage when they were doing research in Greece for ARMA III, taking photos of fortifications and all that stuff.
Old news. But yeah, it was completely absurd. Greece, nobody cares about your "military secrets", because nobody wants to deal with the mess they'd inherit after invading you, and a noninvasive attack couldn't possibly do more damage than you've already done to yourself. I seem to recall that the ST guys (among others) have started some sort of petition to get them released.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18053 on: November 17, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »

BOLLOCKS TO THIS.

I'm going to be at uni for ANOTHER semester, because there aren't enough units in my degree being offered next semester.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18054 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »

Ouch, that does suck.  At least it means the semester should be a bit easier, right?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:17 pm »

It's going to be a semester for a SINGLE unit.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: November 17, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »

It's going to be a semester for a SINGLE unit.
pretty much wasting time for shit that can be done now :/
good luck on the waitlist.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18057 on: November 17, 2012, 09:01:08 pm »

Damn. Ouch.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: November 17, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »

Fuck off Ubisoft, all three by destroying their powder reserves, ALL THREE! I AM TOO DAMN STRONG THEY JUST DIE WITHOUT SHOWING THEIR WEAK POINTS!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18059 on: November 17, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »

I know your pain man.  I gave up on that.  I even tried not hitting them with full broadside.  They still sunk.  The Aquila is too overpowered.  if they made it weaker naval gameplay would be so much funner.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 3345