Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695421 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Violence Solves All? Edition
« Reply #17835 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:05 pm »

Goddamnit my mum is pissing me off today; I want to go apply for a learners permit and sit the test, she says that I need to get changed out of what I'm wearing  so that I don't look feral. And when I say no, she refuses to take me. Then she says that  it is 'my decision' and

FOR CHRISTS SAKE FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS I HAVE TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN I WILL DRESS HOW I WANT, I AM ALMOST EIGHTEEN AND I CAN CHOOSE HOW I LOOK.

Sorry. I have been trying to take control of my own life for as long as I can remember and she won't let me.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Violence Solves All? Edition
« Reply #17836 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »

FOR CHRISTS SAKE FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS I HAVE TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN I WILL DRESS HOW I WANT, I AM ALMOST EIGHTEEN AND I CAN CHOOSE HOW I LOOK.

Sorry. I have been trying to take control of my own life for as long as I can remember and she won't let me.

Walk out of the house naked while flipping the bird. If that doesn't help get the message across to her I don't know what will.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17837 on: November 11, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

Snowballing has a purpose in PvP games when executed properly. Games without it lack tension because anyone can come back at any time. This sounds like it'd be more tense, but it removes the excitement of getting a winning position and the excitement of making a comeback.

You have to strike a balance with snowballing in your game. If the snowballing is too weak, then wins become long and grueling as the winning team doesn't have enough of a position to come back from. If the snowballing is too strong, then the losing team has no chance of coming back and there's no point to playing the game once you start losing.

Here's the control mechanism I would prefer for this.  It allows for snowballing up to a point, with a hard limit.

-Make levels a function of time instead of xp gain.  Everybody levels up at exactly the same time.
-Gold is still earned the same way.
-Items have level requirements.  You cannot buy items beyond your level.

Bam.  You can snowball to a point by earning more gold than your opponents, but the utility of that extra gold has a fixed limit that can be easily modified by game designers to achieve balance.  Never again get stuck in a game that feels completely hopeless because of one or two mistakes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17838 on: November 11, 2012, 11:50:08 pm »

A friend of mine actually made a satirical DOTA clone. It had pretty much exactly what Salmon is suggesting: levels come from time. Additional differences is there's no money gained from killing creeps or units; money is gained from a weak unit that goes down the lanes; the further it goes, the more money the players get. Also you get money for killing opponent's heroes, of course.

Pretty fun. There's a bunch of other wacky mechanics to make fun of MOBAs too. It's a wc3 map though so...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17839 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »

Its a wc3 map so it gets lost in the oceans of non-satirical wc3 ARBS maps?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17840 on: November 11, 2012, 11:57:30 pm »

Well she made it for our little group and never actually tried to spread it around.

21:56   <Patchouli>: I thiiiink this is the most recent (not necessarily best) version http://www.epicwar.com/maps/122662/
21:57   <Patchouli>: It has more heroes and different bugs, but not the end bosses
21:57   <Patchouli>: Make sure they know they can add computer players if desired
21:58   <Patchouli>: I actually tried playing it against the AI earlier to-day since we'd been talking about it, and lost badly
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:59:33 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17841 on: November 12, 2012, 11:51:26 am »

I browsed Yahoo.

never again.

For hardmode, post the most horrifically racist anti-obama lie you can imagine and count how many seconds it takes before someone votes you up.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17842 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:12 pm »

I was supposed to do some really easy work today(and get paid for it), but they guy I was supposed to be working for seemed to be shuffling his feet on whether or not I'd actually be doing it, so I turned it down, because I had to get ready to go back to my bookstore job. Then I realized the college would be closed anyway, since it's the day after Veteran's Day.

And, when I was leaving to go to the library, I found that my stepdad had put a padlock on the garage door. Now, I know he probably didn't do it to keep me from getting my bike, but considering he spent most of last night bitching about how his brother price-gouged him buying the gasoline(which I paid 70% for), and that even his own family is inconsiderate, I feel I should be allowed to punch him in the face.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17844 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »

I cannot take this fucking noise. I need quiet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: November 12, 2012, 02:23:51 pm »

Yahoo again, though not at them for a change.
You know, money is money, i can't believe those banks were turning away cash, almost makes me glad i live in america

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17846 on: November 12, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »

Do your coursework in ADVANCE in your free period, then. Obviously. Then when they tell you do to it, it will already be done.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: CMYK 4 Life Edition
« Reply #17847 on: November 12, 2012, 09:13:53 pm »

[Last week]
Me: Hey mum, can I go to this [group event] at [location]? It's going to be in broad daylight, and we're going to be pretty far from the [something dangerous]. [Insert responsible adult] is even going to be there to keep an eye on us.

Mom: Where'd you say it was gonna be?

Me: Oh, [location], right around [landmark].

Mom: Oh, okay.

[The next week]
Me: Hey, Mom, [event]'s today, just remindin-

Mom: Well you never told me where it was going to be, and I don't know who's going to be there, and I don't know where you're going to be, or how close to the [dangerous thing] it is!

Me: But I told you last week-

Mom: YOU'RE NOT GOING.

Mum always conveniently "forgets" anything that has to do with me being out of sight for a few hours. And anytime I make a fuss, I'm "just being pissy" and she immediately ignores any point that I have to make. I'm going to graduate high school in less than two years, but I feel less like I'm going to leave the house than ever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17848 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

Have you tried telling her that you did, infact, tell her last week, at 2pm or so, on tuesday? (insert correct date here).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17849 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »

Have you tried telling her that you did, infact, tell her last week, at 2pm or so, on tuesday? (insert correct date here).

Falls under "any point I have to make", which means it doesn't matter because she's infinitely right forever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 ... 3345