Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699902 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17505 on: November 02, 2012, 07:19:05 pm »

No. If he instigates a fight he instigates a fight. I am not afraid of him and am not going to spend my time on countermeasures against him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: November 02, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »

Good luck then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:32:19 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17508 on: November 02, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »

Guys, you do realize that unless my RA is a master negotiator this is probably going to end in legitimate violence, right? My roommate is delusional and probably will attack me if he thinks he can.

Or...and I'm going to go out on a limb here....you're two young guys who dislike each other and are basically waiting for an excuse to throw down. Believe me, when I was sick of my two roommates in college, you could feel and see the tension in the room. At one point I thought *I* was going to get jumped.

Just saying. And the RA are not going to care that much what started it, if you guys fight they're likely going to punish you both equally.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: November 02, 2012, 07:52:06 pm »

It isn't as if I want to fight him, that is just my rational assessment of where this is likely to go, given that he is a delusional belligerent redneck. There's nothing else to be done here, I can't change rooms until spring.

RA already knows the situation is critical. I'm waiting for him to come by so I can talk to him as I type this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17510 on: November 02, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure that 'Delusional Belligerent Redneck' is kind of redundant.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: November 02, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure that 'Delusional Belligerent Redneck' is kind of redundant.

This. QFT.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17512 on: November 02, 2012, 09:21:47 pm »

Eh. Not really. There's kind of a... paragon redneck, so to speak, that's less drunken idiot and more swampdweller that's, well. Can approach pretty decent. They're just, ah. A bit rare nowadays. Especially when you're away from the swamps and the mountains and suchlike.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17513 on: November 02, 2012, 09:24:53 pm »

Eh. Not really. There's kind of a... paragon redneck, so to speak, that's less drunken idiot and more swampdweller that's, well. Can approach pretty decent. They're just, ah. A bit rare nowadays. Especially when you're away from the swamps and the mountains and suchlike.
So Delusional Belligerent Redneck is a higher-leveled Redneck then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:41 pm »

No. Delusional Belligerent Redneck is basically a level one commoner, subtyped vermin, size tiny.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:37:42 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17515 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:39 pm »

Yeah. There are decent folks who are technically rednecks, they just tend to be less common than something which is incredibly rare.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:15 pm »

No. Delusion Belligerent Redneck is basically a level one commoner, subtyped vermin, size tiny.
A redneck bestiary is in order.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17517 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »

I'd hate to see a redneck when they reach Epic Tier.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #17518 on: November 02, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »

I'd hate to see a redneck when they reach Epic Tier.

They rarely get so far as that. Usually the higher level ones try to show off to the lower level ones and get themselves a self-kill. Usually it begins as "Hey, hold my beer while I <insert stupid dangerous action here>!"
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17519 on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:07 am »

My school group... my school group... augh  :'(  This is the extra curricular group whose goal for the last nine months has been to talk about making a game and then just screw off instead.  Tonight, they were supposed to really work this time, actually get stuff done this time.  Haaaaa no.  They screwed around and argued for three hours, added maybe a smidgen to the story and threw in another worthless, pointless good/evil alignment mechanic and then went to a post-Halloween party to get drunk and high.

I'm officially emailing the one group member who understands my frustration and explaining they have one month to get their act together and make real progress, or I'm out.  If they can't manage to make some real progress before we begin Christmas break, there's no point in sticking around.
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 3345