Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699067 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: First World RAEG Edition
« Reply #17400 on: October 29, 2012, 12:00:53 am »

Your BBCode is showing.

Hans, I'd consider you "well researched" :)

My counselor tried to tell me I didn't know anything about what drugs do to your body. I then told her how and why they got you high, in fairly vague terms. Then I told her all the negative effects you can expect. She didn't try to tell me I didn't know anything anymore after that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: October 29, 2012, 09:56:41 am »

This article.
I dont understand it. It seems to switch viewpoint mid-article. (well, after the intro, and i'm assuming that things inbetween square brackets are not in the document?)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:59:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17403 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:34 am »

I suppose warm air would carry it up, and it would take time for it allthe way up there to sink down here.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: October 29, 2012, 10:21:28 am »

Your average air currents, then. I guess the CO2 would have roughly the same distribution as O2, only lower.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: October 29, 2012, 10:31:06 am »

Danmit greatorder :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: October 29, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »

This article.
So, the co2 that's probably a few kilometers up in the sky is good for our plants.
I dont even.
I was under the impression that CO2 was heavier than air, and so the majority of it would end up down here, no?
Actually the thing that determines where in the atmosphere a gas accumulates is its adiabatic temperature, not its molecular weight. This is because the difference in weights is so tiny that compared to things like partial pressures it's basically able to be ignored. As a result pretty much all the gases in the atmosphere are at constant proportions to each other until very high altitudes, with the exception of water who's amount decreases as you increase in altitude.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: October 29, 2012, 02:46:25 pm »

Feeling incredibly pissy and twitchy. My roommate pushing all the right buttons he knows isn't helping either. And now I'm listening to RATM and am in a great need of punching shit.

ARGH!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:28 am »

My headset broke again. AGAIN! Now I need to buy another one! Why should I use these damn things if they only have a utility-life of six months? AAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!  >:(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:52 am »

I have that too. Cheap headsets generally dont last very long.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17410 on: October 30, 2012, 07:47:30 am »

I wonder why headphones are so expensive. xD The best headphones seem to cost over $3000, while the best(=expensive) is the $140 one I haave Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: October 30, 2012, 07:52:36 am »

Took my kids to the fairground yesterday. It was loud. I am still in pain almost 24 hours later and still cant hear properly. Grrr.
This is a blank sig.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »

jeez are you guys that sensitive to sound? i been through 3 concerts with my hearing intact, one was black metal :P

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17413 on: October 30, 2012, 12:17:22 pm »

How from work after a dentist appointment. My mother is talking at me about things she doesn't know about.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »

jeez are you guys that sensitive to sound? i been through 3 concerts with my hearing intact, one was black metal :P

I am 31. Many years of loud gigs and suchlike have taken its toll.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 3345