Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695429 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16410 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:55 pm »

Let us send our Weapon of Mass Enlightenment at them.

MaximumZero, there are faces that need punching.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: October 09, 2012, 01:16:26 pm »

Considering the CIA has been using vaccination movements as a tool for infiltration and assassination with drone strikes, I'm honestly not surprised by this. It seems like a smart move, if a cruel one.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: October 09, 2012, 01:17:28 pm »

Not that I'm supporting the Taliban (or anti-vaccination), but while you're at it you're gonna need to drone strike some pretty good swathes of West and Central Africa. Nigeria, Burundi, Mali, Rwanda, and the DRC all have significant anti-vaccine movements.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: October 09, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

From their statements, they aren't even anti-vaccination - they just aren't going to let people do them for political reasons.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: October 09, 2012, 01:20:28 pm »

Considering the CIA has been using vaccination movements as a tool for infiltration and assassination with drone strikes, I'm honestly not surprised by this. It seems like a smart move, if a cruel one.
Starting a polio epidemic is not a smart move.

Links on the CIA thing? I wouldn't put it past them, but that sounds like something in the line of anti-vaccer propaganda.
Not that I'm supporting the Taliban (or anti-vaccination), but while you're at it you're gonna need to drone strike some pretty good swathes of West and Central Africa. Nigeria, Burundi, Mali, Rwanda, and the DRC all have significant anti-vaccine movements.
Yes, but out of Africa only Nigeria is polio-endemic right now. Anti-vaccers have very limited ability to do harm if they aren't around the disease.

This is particularly reprehensible because Pakistan is polio-endemic and India just went polio-free.

And it isn't just the anti-vaccer thing, the Taliban are in the way in every since of the word. They won't negotiate on reasonable terms, and they won't stop until they are dead, so I say we oblige them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:22:05 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16415 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25:58 pm »

And it isn't just the anti-vaccer thing, the Taliban are in the way in every since of the word. They won't negotiate on reasonable terms, and they won't stop until they are dead, so I say we oblige them.
The amount of people you'd have to kill to make that have any sense of justice is immensely huge...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:08 pm »

Maybe not the best sources, but.... (First one seems most relevant to topic at hand)
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/health/cia-vaccine-ruse-in-pakistan-may-have-harmed-polio-fight.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/27/cia-fake-vaccination-polio
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/11/cia-fake-vaccinations-osama-bin-ladens-dna
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/pakistan-fights-polio-in-shadow-of-cia-ruse/2011/07/21/gIQAQqmcSI_story.html

CIA, obviously, has refused to comment, but I've seen some calls from a number of pro-vaccine groups calling them out on the damage this has done. There's... rumors and indications this isn't an isolated case, but nothing entirely substantial.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:12 pm »

blurbl.

why can't we just stop being dicks?
But how, then, will we fap? :P
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16418 on: October 09, 2012, 04:39:25 pm »

We'll all become pussies instead.

(please don't ban me)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16419 on: October 09, 2012, 04:41:44 pm »

We cant stop being dicks because then the assholes would shit all over the pussies.

I saw a documentary on this, I believe it was called "Team America: World Police".
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16420 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:30 pm »

WHAT ARE WE DOING TO OURSELVES?!??!

Things that made me rage today - I'm a lazy old bastard. With migraines.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: October 09, 2012, 04:46:41 pm »

I'm hesitant to put Nadaka's post in the OOC thread, because although it's pretty damn funny, it's also one of the most disgusting and offensive things I've ever read.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16422 on: October 09, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »

I'm hesitant to put Nadaka's post in the OOC thread, because although it's pretty damn funny, it's also one of the most disgusting and offensive things I've ever read.

Have you seen the film?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: October 09, 2012, 04:49:56 pm »

not to mention it would piss off derm.

do you want to be violated by derm's avatar?
Do you want an honest answer? :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have you seen the film?
No actually.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: October 09, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

I have, and immediately started pitying Gerry Anderson's would-be-spinning-corpse-if-he-actually-was-dead.
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 3345