Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700563 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15750 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:51 am »

Certainly. I just want to keep it clear that SRS is not a constructive group at all and mostly focuses on trolling, even if they recognize what is wrong with Reddit.

They're definitely not too productive normally, but I've still probably seen more good come out of them than anywhere else.

I remember how one woman said she posted about being raped on Reddit, and everyone ganged up on her. Then SRS found the post and consoled her through PM while they ridiculed everyone else openly. I've seen a few things like this.

They're also a decently big portion of the controversy over r/creepshots that's happening right now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15751 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:54 am »

NNNGEAAAAAH lost/dropped my key card while I was out today. :-\ It's no big deal, called the bank and canceled it, but still URGH WHY I SO DUMB WHYYY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15752 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:00 am »

Okay. First off, I don't hate anyone. I could probably be buds with Hitler, though I'm not sure he'd be buds with me.

But some people do annoy me.

I made a MLP fangame a little less than a year ago. It was a great learning experience, but alas, too ambitious a project + full of humongous development mistakes meaning I essentially needed to start all over. I did get a demo out that showed off my gameplay though, and a small group of people who liked it.

Yes, I got my first annoying fan.

This guy made himself my unofficial bugtester. For a game that's mostly cancelled, at least for the stuff he's testing. He knows this; I posted a nice big "sorry but this is on hiatus indefinitely" message. I borrowed a friend of mine's forum to host everything related to the game, and he's been essentially spamming topics and sending me lots of private messages. Eventually I just ignored him, hoping he'd go away. No dice.

Now I do realize it's half my fault. I should say something rather than just giving him silence. I tend to run away from uncomfortable situations rather than dealing with them; it's a character flaw of mine I'm working on. I'm going to give him a nicely worded "go away" right after this, with some apologies for not replying to him. But that doesn't excuse bugging my friends asking where I am. Nor filling my inbox with PMs.

Passionate fans are great. I appreciate that he likes the game and wants it to continue. Honored, even. Were I a professional game designer I'd probably want a few fans like him to keep my ass in gear and my head out of the clouds. As a professional game designer though, I'd have a real place for people to post feedback, not just a buddy's personal forum. I could keep the rabid fans at bay without them intruding nor me having to put my foot down.

TL;DR: If you're going to send me lots of private messages, make sure they're naughty friendly and concise, not "hey why haven't you replied to me."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15753 on: October 01, 2012, 11:24:49 am »

Let 'em off easy  :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15754 on: October 01, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

Let 'em off easy  :P
Jesus i was so glad Dagon took care of him very quickly :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15755 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:32 am »

Wow, I forgot how eerily disturbing faces looked in Oblivion.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15756 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:49 pm »

So apparently last week my sister's class had a bunch of knuckleheads goofing off in class and the teacher decided to drop everyone's test score that day 20% effectively dropping my sisters grade down. Dad is pissed off as the dumbasses should have been sent to the office for disruption instead of punishing the whole class. Im pissed to not the fact of my sister's grade drop as she probably was gossiping the shit from the events unfolding there and probably deserved it (she doesn't shutup for her own good), but for the serious kids that wanted a good grade and got screwed over by the class clowns. Also this is a 9th grade class? Wtf is going on with high school these days? is each new generation coming in with lower IQ?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15757 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:52 pm »

Just sounds like a teacher who has no idea how to control their class. I've had quite a few of those.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15758 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »

I find being a rude and miserable bastard is a very easy way to control all of mine. Granted, I dont deal with your typical high school dickhead, but still...
This is a blank sig.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #15759 on: October 01, 2012, 12:28:12 pm »

So apparently last week my sister's class had a bunch of knuckleheads goofing off in class and the teacher decided to drop everyone's test score that day 20% effectively dropping my sisters grade down. Dad is pissed off as the dumbasses should have been sent to the office for disruption instead of punishing the whole class. Im pissed to not the fact of my sister's grade drop as she probably was gossiping the shit from the events unfolding there and probably deserved it (she doesn't shutup for her own good), but for the serious kids that wanted a good grade and got screwed over by the class clowns. Also this is a 9th grade class? Wtf is going on with high school these days? is each new generation coming in with lower IQ?

Ahh, the classic 'if I punish them all, the good ones will sort out the bad ones' tactic. A shame that the bad ones won't listen to the good ones even if they did have the stones to tell them where to stick it. :/

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15760 on: October 01, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »

Yeah, typically the bad ones can cause trouble because they're more aggressive and less passive than the goodies.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15761 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »

Either that or the bad ones will end up tied to their beds while being beaten with bars of soap in socks.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15762 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »

Either that or the bad ones will end up tied to their beds while being beaten with bars of soap in socks.
"Remember, this was all just a bad dream, fat boy! "

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15763 on: October 01, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

"Remember, this was all just a bad dream, fat boy! "
I don't think a lot of people realize that Hartman was intended to be a dark satire of Drill Sergents. You aren't a successful Drill Sergent if you drive one of your recruits to homicidal insanity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15764 on: October 01, 2012, 12:57:23 pm »

In fact, these days, Drill Sergeants aren't even allowed to be nearly that harsh. They generally don't cuss at you, they can't touch you physically, and any punishment they assign you, they must be able to complete themselves.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 [1051] 1052 1053 ... 3345