Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702519 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15075 on: September 16, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

<job stuff>
Okay, where's my baseball bat. Something's getting hurt.
Can I tag along? I've got a pickaxe!
All I got is a shovel :(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15076 on: September 16, 2012, 02:11:16 pm »

I just realized that we're talking about forming a lynch mob and breaking out the old pitchfork & torch routine on Salmon's workplace. (Possibly hypothetically.)

I'm still pretty okay with it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »

Can't we just peaceful protest? D: I got the love and peace and civil disobedience speeches right here!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: September 16, 2012, 02:15:34 pm »

FUCKING ANTS. I LEFT MY OLD WII ON THE TABLE AND THEY ATE IT. (That sounds hilarious when said aloud.)
How would ants consume a Wii? That sound less like ants and more some sort of grey goo.
Feel the anger within you, and know now that I've watched the movie and only the movie.

How's the rage now? :P
That there is a situation that needs to be rectified immediately. I'm not one of those people who feels the need to make people read all kinds of books all the time; it's been a while since I've read an actual book of fiction, since I've got plenty of other stuff to read. But you need to read Hitchhiker's, because:

1. The books are actually quite different from the movie. This doesn't invalidate the movie, since each adaptation is basically a new retelling of the story. So this means that you can read the book the movie is based on and get more out of it than just some deeper meaning bullshit that you probably didn't care about anyway.

2. Douglas Adams was a funny bugger. It's hard to describe humor in any sort of satisfactory manner, so you're going to have to trust me on this. Though I'm pretty sure everything the Guide says in the movie comes from the book, so you get a little taste of it there. Anyway, his writing is addictively good and you'll want to keep reading more until you eventually run out.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: September 16, 2012, 02:20:40 pm »

Douglas Adams was a priceless individual.  I remember the exact moment when I found out he died.  Very disappoint.

Can't we just peaceful protest? D: I got the love and peace and civil disobedience speeches right here!

What if the management at my office is actually a witch coven?  The torches & pitchforks would be appropriate then, right?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:13 pm »

I say pickaxes are better than pitchforks. Mostly because I used to have a freakish obsession with mining, but still.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:47 pm »

What if the management at my office is actually a witch coven?  The torches & pitchforks would be appropriate then, right?
Only after they teach me the secrets of the Dark Arts.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »

Only after they teach me the secrets of the Dark Arts.

I think you would only learn how to slowly transform people into mindless zombies, and how to communicate in obfuscating tongues.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: September 16, 2012, 02:56:07 pm »

I'm missing my favorite football team whoop the Super Bowl champs because I have to work! D: Edit: Oh, well, they lost at the end of the game anyway. *le sigh*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:41:38 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: September 16, 2012, 03:43:39 pm »

I'm missing my favorite football team whoop the Super Bowl champs because I have to work! D:

Could be worse. My team lies bottom of the standings after the first 3 games of the rugby season, being hammered in each game by teams they comfortably beat last year on thier way to winning the championship. Granted, they have lost a few key players for a few reasons since last year, but still...

Hopefully the Autumn international series will cheer me up.
This is a blank sig.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: September 16, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

Could be worse! It could be about a sport that actually matters!

Which is none of them, but whatever.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: September 16, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

I kinda like golf :X

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: September 16, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »

Ice hockey is fun to watch :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: September 16, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »

They're all made better by artillery, directed earthquakes, and respawn. Folks need to hurry up with that inexpensive, easily used VR system so we can have some proper sports on this planet. Stuff with explosions and a goalie with force choke.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: September 16, 2012, 05:58:36 pm »

So long as we can agree that pretty much any sport is better than baseball.
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 3345