Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703547 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14580 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:05 pm »

Bug bombs appear to have been insufficient. Either that or some lingering bastards just tried to take a bite out of me.

Either way, I appear to have spent four hours outside and heavily contaminated all the cooking related surfaces in the house for... well, I won't say nothing, because it's offed a fair number of other bugs, but the target, it was missed. Guess that means high effort response comes next. Damnit.

Fleas. Why have we not gotten around to being those little parasite bastard's extinction event?

In a darkened room, with one a single computer screen for illumination, a shadowy figure sat, fingers steepled before himself. His face was set in a mask of grim determination as he surveyed the monitor. He said to himself, "I see initial extermination protocols were insufficient. Well, we shall have to step up our efforts then. Order in the extermination squads, ready the chemical weapons, and bring. Me. My. Flamethrower." Then he looked around confusedly and realized he was alone, talking to himself. A sheepish look stole across his face, and he began typing...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14581 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:48 pm »

Who the hell designed a toilet with a bowl capacity lower than its tank capacity?!? Goddamnit, that's not just poor design, that's a sanitation hazard. *goes back to mopping*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: September 03, 2012, 07:31:52 am »

You have to use the special wet toilet paper thingies to make it overflow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: September 03, 2012, 03:15:08 pm »

Who the hell designed a toilet with a bowl capacity lower than its tank capacity?!? Goddamnit, that's not just poor design, that's a sanitation hazard. *goes back to mopping*

Top tip - place half a housebrick (or sufficiently large stone) in the cistern. Saves water, which is a good thing for the planet apparently, and might even save you cash. That or bend the ballcock (snigger) arm so the cistern stops filling at a more suitable volume.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:21:44 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: September 03, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

Okay. What even is this Microsoft. I thought you were cool. I thought that you wanted people to be able to do things with your OS. I guess I was wrong. Because apparently a Windows Store (and XBLA) will be the only methods of getting programs onto Windows 8.

I know what I'm not buying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: September 03, 2012, 03:51:45 pm »

Okay. What even is this Microsoft. I thought you were cool. I thought that you wanted people to be able to do things with your OS. I guess I was wrong. Because apparently a Windows Store (and XBLA) will be the only methods of getting programs onto Windows 8.

As if we needed another reason.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: September 03, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

Oh, fuck that then.

On the other hand, approximately five minutes after it's released someone will have hacked it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: September 03, 2012, 04:36:28 pm »

Oh, fuck that then.

On the other hand, approximately five minutes after it's released someone will have hacked it.
I'm pretty sure we could have done it already.
I know someone who has a preview of it because they have a business or something. Proactive people could have cracked it already (but kept how they did it quiet so it wouldn't be fixed).

This means that Win 8 would be totally unable to have free games like Dwarf Fortress and Cataclysm and all that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: September 03, 2012, 04:41:03 pm »

Oh, fuck that then.

I'm pretty sure we could have done it already.
I know someone who has a preview of it because they have a business or something. Proactive people could have cracked it already (but kept how they did it quiet so it wouldn't be fixed).

This means that Win 8 would be totally unable to have free games like Dwarf Fortress and Cataclysm and all that.
Actually, the preview is free.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview
To be honest, there's no real need to keep a crack quiet, since it's pretty simple to do, and there's a hell of a lot of people doing it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if this results in another Anti-Trust Lawsuit against Microsoft. They're not in the same position as Apple with the App Store, they're still the dominate OS on the planet for business. And that's what got them slapped for trying to foist IE on everyone. If Microsoft were to take a 30% cut of everything goes on Windows....yeah, I can see the lawsuits already.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:46 pm »

An anti-trust lawsuit during a derp windows release? Sounds fine for them, as long as they continue with their cycle. (Win8, Win7, Vista, XP, 2k, ME, 98, 95, microsoft seems to make a flop everyother or so windows version, for varied definitions of such.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: September 03, 2012, 07:57:08 pm »

It's like they're deliberately trying to drive users to non-MS, non-Apple OSes intentionally. Pretty much everything I've heard about Win8 seems tailor-made to piss people off.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: September 03, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »

It's like they're deliberately trying to drive users to non-MS, non-Apple OSes intentionally. Pretty much everything I've heard about Win8 seems tailor-made to piss people off.
The tablet people are perfectly fine, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: September 03, 2012, 08:14:11 pm »

They're not in the same position as Apple with the App Store

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »

Well, the good thing from this is that valve is actively working to port all it's games to linux now.
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 3345