Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689618 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14280 on: August 23, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »

That and football. Two of the bigger "sports" down here just happen to involve lots of sweaty men molesting each other... violently.

It makes you wonder.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14281 on: August 23, 2012, 03:19:12 pm »

Wouldn't rugby be the combination of the two, then? With less oil and more grass-stained injuries.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: August 23, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »

They're generally not as big. (I used to play both football and rugby.)

I've never understood the butt-slapping that goes on in all mens' sports.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: August 23, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »

I'd be happy to. I can take a punch as well as I can give them. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: August 23, 2012, 03:32:22 pm »

Okay, we can do that, but I'll be cowering behind MZ (though I might have to really crouch down to accomplish that).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: August 23, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

Okay, we can do that, but I'll be cowering behind MZ (though I might have to really crouch down to accomplish that).
I'm gonna say...probably. :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: August 23, 2012, 04:50:48 pm »

Statistics. I know what my hardest class this semester is going to be.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: August 23, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »

My stupid computer is saying that my external harddrive that I just switched out of the computer (due to the hard drive deciding to stop working suddenly) into an enclosure needs to be formatted (which would kill all of the files already on it).
As does the computer at school.
My sister's mac DOES recognize the files though, so I know that the files aren't lost and don't need to go to a professional recoverer or use software for it, BUT THE FACT THAT MY PC (OR ANY OTHER WINDOWS) WON'T RECOGNIZE THEM ALTHOUGH THEY ARE THERE PERFECTLY FINE AND I WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THEM ALL ONTO MY SISTERS COMPUTER AND TRANSPORT THEM OVER BATCH BY BATCH ON MY HARD DRIVE FOR NO REASON IS GODAMN ANNOYING.
I know there is probably some way to get around it, I could for instance probably dualboot linux (which might not have the same stupid problem as windows), or just figure out what the godamn problem is, but I think that I might have to do it batch by batch.
Luckily I have a 16 gig flash drive, so it should only take like an dozen trips or so to move everything over.
But this is still kind of pissing me off.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »

Did you try putting the external harddrive, you know, externally? Probably not your problem but might be worth a try later.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32:43 pm »

Or is it a disk file system type problem? AFAIK Mac formatted hard drives have a different file system, and Windows formatted hard drives have another - FAT32/NTFS.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: August 23, 2012, 06:33:50 pm »

Windows has NTFS if its at all recent.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: August 23, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »

Did you try putting the external harddrive, you know, externally? Probably not your problem but might be worth a try later.
Errr... yes.
I think. Assuming you are talking about taking the hard drive out of my physical computer then yes.

Or is it a disk file system type problem? AFAIK Mac formatted hard drives have a different file system, and Windows formatted hard drives have another - FAT32/NTFS.
Its not. It was on my windows computer, was having some problems with it recently, and I think the harddrive just died. However, after taking it out (and putting it in an enclosure so that it could connect it to a computer), I tested to see if the files were still there and accesible using my sisters mac. They were there and completely accessible.
However when tested using a computer at school (and the laptop after I had gotten a new harddrive and installed windows), it said that the drive was innaccessible and needed to be formatted.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »

Its not. It was on my windows computer, was having some problems with it recently, and I think the harddrive just died. However, after taking it out (and putting it in an enclosure so that it could connect it to a computer), I tested to see if the files were still there and accesible using my sisters mac.

Describe "was having problems with it recently" a little more clearly. Because it sounds like some portion of the disk is corrupted at least as far as Windows cares. It's probably checking disk integrity when spinning it up, finding a bad sector and tell you to reformat. You could try hooking the drive up and instead of reading the files on it, run the repair tools on it. The Windows chkdsk functions, yadda yadda. Assuming you can even get that far.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: August 23, 2012, 09:33:39 pm »

I have another project bottlenecked by having no artistic skill or ability

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

That's when you get creative with your artistic atrocities. Say the terribleness is a stylistic choice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 3345