Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710312 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #14115 on: August 19, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

On the bright side, it sounds like it will only be a matter of time until they DO kick him out  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: August 19, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

Can you transfer rooms? That'd be my first suggestion... there's usually a period in which adjustments can be made, for, well, stuff like that. When you just can't live with someone. At the very least, see if you can't talk to whoever helps run the housing... dorm RAs, housing staff, whatever. Given legitimate grievance (you've got it!), they've been pretty accommodating in my experience. Eventually.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: August 19, 2012, 09:02:48 pm »

I would get with the school ASAP and request...something. Anything. Removal of the roomate, for starters, or a new dorm room, or something.
They won't remove him for one weed citation. This school is so liberal that's actually against policy. The police didn't even arrest him after he confessed like an idiot.

The dorms are already overcrowded. The school accepted too many students, they won't transfer me.

My floor's RA seems to like me, but I don't think he has much authority.

I just want to find someplace else to sleep for the night. I can't be around him, not right now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: August 19, 2012, 09:04:06 pm »

Can you just beat him with his guitar until he leaves? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: August 19, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »

...this may be a bad time, but.. that's 3 requests?
Sorry.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: August 19, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »

Fish around for someone willing to swap, then? Bound to be someone that would rather be rooming with that guy than whoever they're rooming with, and whoever they're ditching might be more bearable.

E: Crash in your car (if you have one)? There a study room or something that's open all night? Might be able to catch a nap there.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:08:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:11 pm »

Can you just beat him with his guitar until he leaves? :P

I was going to say break his guitar, but this is a much better idea. :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: August 19, 2012, 09:10:57 pm »

E: Crash in your car (if you have one)? There a study room or something that's open all night? Might be able to catch a nap there.
I don't own a car, and even if I did it would be parked several miles from campus. (Freshmen get bad parking.)

I'm in our dorm's all night study area right now. The rage might keep me awake for a while, though.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »

...this may be a bad time, but.. that's 3 requests?
Sorry.

I made one request of my roommate. One. One.

Not that he wouldn't play his fucking guitar so loud the entire dorm could hear it.

Not that he wouldn't bring people over at every fucking hour of the day.

Only, and only, that if he ever did anything illegal, that he'd do it some fucking place else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: August 19, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »

If his guitar is an electric, see if it has a little plate on the back. If it does, remove it with a screwdriver, take out the battery, and then hide your tracks. He will get a pleasant (to you,) surprise when his guitar no longer works. ^_^ Happy pranking!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: August 19, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »

Oh, I interpreted that as "that he not do". Reading comprehension: failed 4 lyfe
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Or you could go to an authority figure of some sort... Am I the only person that does that? o.O The felon is the only one going to the authorities?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51:20 pm »

MSH mentioned talking with the dorm RA, which is basically the first step on attempting to communicate with said authority figures. It'll take some time to see if that line pans out, though. And it would have to actually be pressed, possibly by taking it to whoever the RA(s) report to.

But nah, there's usually a fairly robust system for dealing with inter-roommate conflict that can't be dealt with informally (i.e. Between the roommates.), at least in the cases I've been involved with so far. Dunno how many people actually use it, but if they didn't have one that worked there'd probably be a lot more hom/su-icides in college dorms.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:53:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: August 20, 2012, 12:13:19 am »

I just went up to my floor again and my floormates said they smelled weed emanating from the room again. Not two hours after the cops show up and this motherfucker is at it again.

I can't do this, I can't fucking live with someone who's going to be blatantly breaking the law inside my domicile on a daily basis. So much for his whole repentant act after the first incident. I am so pissed, so, so fucking angry now that it has become a kind of clarity. I'm talking to the RA as soon as I can find him and getting something done. This fucker is not going to take me down with him.

Looks like I'm sleeping in the lounge tonight.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: August 20, 2012, 04:12:48 am »

Overheating is very much a thing. When in doubt, add more fans! (or liquid cooling, but that is more complicated)
Its a laptop tough, so thats harder to do, and its not my laptop either (even tough i'm the main user), so i'd have to ask my parents first.

And yes, i tought of overheating.
Was instantly what i tought after lots of complaints during the last warm period, even tough i didnt have any problems myself.

I'll get one of these programs, are they free?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 3345