Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710074 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13995 on: August 15, 2012, 03:08:56 pm »

Here's a source. It's hard to find a legit one. I trust NORML, though. They actually have citations of all the relevant studies so you can go find those if you have the means.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:19 pm »

Just got an email from my school, stating that they need w2 information from my spouse and I. I turned this in in May. And then twice in June. This is the 6th round of paperwork that they've fucked up somehow.

I'm probably not going to school this semester. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

Point out how many times you've given them that. With dates. Shame them into finding their fuckups in the system!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:51 pm »

Already tried that. They just don't care.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: August 15, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »

Point it out anyway. And then point it out again next month when they've lost it yet again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14000 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »

It'd probably be just as effective to KTFO someone. I'm going to give them one more chance, then I'm transferring to another school.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: August 15, 2012, 03:57:03 pm »

Which school? You can find out what accreditation board handles them, then casually mention that you'll be contacting them if these "irregularities" continue.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: August 15, 2012, 05:48:46 pm »

Kellogg Community. I have to transfer to Western Michigan to get my degree anyway, so it's just accelerating my timeframe, but I'm sick of the shenanigans.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »

Google+ is absurdly laggy. Another reason to never go on it.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:57 pm »

Watched a stock double in the last 2 days.

Simulated it, and in the same time I decided to buy a related one instead of that one.

I'm 5% down for the day and the other stock could've payed for my damn rent had I bought it and sold it by now. I wish I was psychic.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: August 16, 2012, 01:50:51 pm »

if i was then i wish i had told you. IF YOU PAYED THAT IS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:44 pm »

Generic traveler's rant incoming.

This. Business. Trip. Good lord. I'm used to how our business partners operate: on the cheap. I accept that as a legitimate cost of doing business with them.

But fuck me, if it hasn't been royally inconvenient. First, instead of a direct flight which would have taken ~40 minutes, they book a connecting flight that goes an hour out of the way to Minneapolis, then BACK to Midway in Chicago. Turning an hour long flight into a 4 hour travel time, at least.

Fine. Whatever. Been there, done that.

Then I'm up at the crack of dawn for the last three days. Yesterday was an almost 16 hour Hell of heat, non-stop auctioneer jabber polluting my thought pathways and the stress of about 100 people average watching my every key stroke.

Fine, whatever. I've been through worse.

At this point, I've slept between 5 and 6 hours a night for the last 3 days. I've had a shower maybe once. I got up at the crack of dawn again to make a flight that I had to sit around for 4 hours to board.

And then the rain came.

Delayed my flight an hour, and my connecting flight, thanks to our partner's budget-conscious travel arrangements, was missed by a window of about 10 minutes. Thanks Delta.

So now I'm sitting in Minneapolis-St. Paul for 6 hours so I can get home around midnight. That makes this about a 17 hour day or better.

And the best part? I have to walk for 10 minutes through a security check point to have a smoke. I'm furious, filthy, exhausted and desperate to get home. What do you THINK I'm gonna want to do for the next 6 hours to cope?

In summation: Fuck the weather, Fuck Delta, Fuck Modern Airport Security Procedure and half a dozen other things. All I wanna do is take my shoes off and relax at home with the comforts I haven't enjoyed at all this week, to soften all the BS I do for my job in the name of money and making a good impression.

And instead I'm trapped in this hellish purgatory of lost souls and overpriced shit sold at soulless, ravenous kiosks. I fucking HATE airports.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:47:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: August 16, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »

Delta is literally THE WORST airline, I'm not even kidding. I've flew with Delta around five or six times, every time was terrible with the flight being delayed and general shitty conditions.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:44 pm »

So now I'm sitting in Minneapolis-St. Paul

Welcome. It could be winter at least.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

He's in the airport.  Purgatory is an apt term to describe it; airports are places without any meaningful difference no matter where they are located, he cannot enjoy Our Glorious State from being trapped in that place.
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 3345