Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709814 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13890 on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »

Heh, I've managed to give myself a cut down the length of my forearm with a kipper can before.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »

I stabbed myself on the cap of a beer bottle trying to open it. I didn't think it was possible to stab yourself on those little ridges along a bottle cap, but hey, I've done it. This may or may not count as an achievement.

Never done this. Has bludgeoned self with bottle and nearly drowned self with beer before though.

I honestly don't know how exactly I did it. One second I was drunkenly positioning the bottle opener, and the next second my thumb hurt pretty badly.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: August 09, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

I stabbed myself on the cap of a beer bottle trying to open it. I didn't think it was possible to stab yourself on those little ridges along a bottle cap, but hey, I've done it. This may or may not count as an achievement.

Never done this. Has bludgeoned self with bottle and nearly drowned self with beer before though.

I honestly don't know how exactly I did it. One second I was drunkenly positioning the bottle opener, and the next second my thumb hurt pretty badly.
Well at least you have the excuse of being drunk, I was trying to open a non-alcoholic drink and didn't have a drop of alcohol.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:09 pm »

See, if you had been at an alcohol-related party then someone would have downed the drink pretty quickly. Screw all those horror stories of people accidentally swallowing broken glass. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: August 09, 2012, 11:21:23 pm »

See, if you had been at an alcohol-related party then someone would have downed the drink pretty quickly. Screw all those horror stories of people accidentally swallowing broken glass. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Broken glass impaling internal organs and causing death by internal bleeding is for pussies. 

Also, something that made me kinda angry today: Was talking with my drug court counselor, and she asked why so many kids these days are so self-hate-y. I figured it out in about two seconds:
You ever hear that phrase, "Yeah? Well back in MY day, we had to..."
That phrase is fucking ruining your children. Don't fucking say it. It devalues every challenge they have to face during their day, and when their challenges are devalued, so are their achievements. Without any worthy achievements, they have nothing to love themselves for. With nothing to love themselves for, they will hate themself. Today is just as hard as thirty-eighty years ago, just in different ways. Sure, we don't have to get up at six and feed/milk the cows do all the farm shit, then hike uphill in the snow both ways to school, get home and clean the whole house while our parents whip us with a billy club.

We have to deal with shit like meth at school, bullies going unpunished, abusive adults, idiotic indoctrination into fascistic religions, driving on roads increasing clogged with idiot drivers, finding a job in a job market where even people who have a list of qualifications the size of their leg can't get jobs, dealing with a corruipt and morally bankrupt government, and more. And we are succeeding. So stop telling your kids that you had things worse in your day, you're just fucking them up for life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: August 10, 2012, 02:35:42 am »

-snip-

Hanslanda used Harsh but justified rage!

CRITICAL HIT

Contentedness took 500 damage!

You got an herb.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: August 10, 2012, 02:48:21 am »

My left ankle hurts pretty badly. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with me tripping down the stairs earlier but I'm not really sober enough to figure out the connection.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:02 am »

-snip-

Hanslanda used Harsh but justified rage!

CRITICAL HIT

Contentedness took 500 damage!

You got an herb.
Congratulation! Your'e wineer!!1 But seriously, good job. http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0807/hancock-hancock-demotivational-poster-1215285351.jpg
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: August 10, 2012, 09:04:33 am »

So the local cinma that opened up some 20 days ago (it's part of a larger chain) is quite annoying with some things. Like charging separately for 3D glasses, and listing their price on the opposite end of the ticket price menu. Then there's this wierd need to show mediocre 2 year old 3D cartoons (Animals united for one, seems terribly formulaic and average from the trailers) when they could be showing either good recent moveis or good older cartoons (like say Up).

Furthermore, the movies that they do show up with a delay, for some reason don't have a damned 2D screening, like say Avengers, that a bunch of friends and relatives want to see, but it's only showing in 3D, which means it will be expensive. God damned greedy bastards.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: August 10, 2012, 09:58:19 am »

Got way too drunk and twisted my ankle last night like a dumbass. That was not a smart move.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00:04 am »

Got way too drunk and twisted my ankle last night like a dumbass. That was not a smart move.

... Somehow, I saw this coming. Was it perhaps the whole post about injuring your thumb with a bottlecap that clued me in?
Also, no such thing as 'way too drunk'. There is 'drunk' and 'dead'. No middle ground. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:45 am »

I'm not even mad about the thumb. It's basically a little cut. That's probably when I should have stopped drinking, yeah, but I has just opened a beer so I couldn't just leave it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: August 10, 2012, 10:09:02 am »

I'm not even mad about the thumb. It's basically a little cut. That's probably when I should have stopped drinking, yeah, but I has just opened a beer so I couldn't just leave it.

*Little tear of pride* They grow up so fast... :P But in the future, it may be better to quit while you are ahead. I had alcohol poisoning once, and it was possibly the least fun experience I've ever had in my life. I vomited for two days, and then I dry-heaved for another day. :/ After the first day, death would have been the kindest mercy possible.
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: August 10, 2012, 10:14:55 am »

Hey, don't feel too bad. I once accidentally broke a glass bottle when I was trying to use a bottle opener on a screw open cap.

Similar experience. Not in opening the bottle but in setting it on a table. I wasn't looking exactly where I was placing the bottle and I let go a few millimeters higher up than I should have and it landed on the edge of the table. In the most absurd sequence of events I cannot describe, it shatters sending shards of glass raining onto the carpet and 3/4 of my beer as well :'(

That was the saddest day of my life so far.

And, now for my rage for the day:  Freakin wormy maggoty grubby things are getting into my rabbit food!!! >:( I have no idea how they are getting there, nor why things are fine in my container but every day for the last week I have had to completely clean the food containers of wormy/maggoty/grubby pellets and replace them. There is no damn reason that they should have those things in there every day when the food container is suspended from the cage's floor and the flooring is clean. I don't understand GERRRR >:{(

I'd hazard a guess and say flies.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: August 10, 2012, 10:46:31 am »

Hate my new job. Why? I spent all week sitting on my ass doing absolutely nothing, since the teacher simply give me anything to do besides study their website(which, during the first day I knew better than most sites I visit regularly), and a short, somewhat pointless tour of the campus that I missed the beginning of because I got bad directions to where it started. I had to leave early Wednesday and Thursday since the guy I report to left early Wednesday and didn't even show up Thursday(to be fair, he's supposed to be on vacation).

Tried to pass time by looking at TvTropes, only the system kicks you out every three hours and you have to log in, and I have no means to log in and have to get someone else to do it for me. And now I'm burnt out from TvTropes.

Also had to deal with two spider bites on my leg, itched like crazy, and still have a few bug bites elsewhere that are driving me insane.

That sounds hilarious. Please tell me someone still drank out of it even with the top broken.
Nah, everyone was too afraid to drink it due to them thinking glass shards would be in it, had to waste a perfectly good drink.

I woulda drank it. All we need is a coffee filter and a cup.
I've chipped a bottle of carbonated fruit juice using a screwdriver to get the cap off. My advice: filter with your teeth. If you hit something solid, don't swallow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 3345