Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709630 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13800 on: August 03, 2012, 07:35:18 pm »

I would have pointed and laughed, but then I checked and saw we're only getting low 90s (E: 36 is about mid nineties, for reference.) for the next week or so. It's surprisingly cool, honestly, for August in Florida.

Mostly because we've been having daily or thereabouts storms for the last while now, I think, and are forecast to continue to for a bit. After that, though...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:39:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13801 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:20 pm »

I would have pointed and laughed, but then I checked and saw we're only getting low 90s (E: 36 is about mid nineties, for reference.) for the next week or so. It's surprisingly cool, honestly, for August in Florida.

Mostly because we've been having daily or thereabouts storms for the last while now, I think, and are forecast to continue to for a bit. After that, though...
HOW CAN IT NOT BE COOLER 1,000 MILES NORTH OF THERE!?

We're getting 93ish tomorrow, and it's 90 right now. FUUUUUUU...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: August 03, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »

This game gets hellish pretty damn quickly. Not gonna give up though.

EDIT: NO, screw you, not giving up.
Completed it in about 20 minutes, it gets much easier after about level 29ish.

I'm raging because of my Crusader Kings 2 game. I picked it up and decided to play as the duchess of Toscana. I formed Italy and managed to get a pretty awesome power base going, I took up an elective monarchy and placed members of my dynasty in all the dukedoms. This worked out pretty well because they tended to vote for the successor I wanted them to vote for. Then I decided to try inheriting the Byzantine Empire, it was really weak because the Muslims had pushed it all the way out of Greece, and it seemed like a great way to get an emperor title. It worked out great at first, I matrilineally married my genius daughter to a claimant for the throne and then fought a war to install him. I named her my successor, and most of the dukes in my dynasty voted for her. Then when she had a daughter, and the daughter inherited, I decided it was time to change the successor to the daughter. But it's been really difficult to get them to vote for the empress, I've been having a really frustrating time of things and resorted to a lot of save scumming, but I still can't seem to get them to vote for the frigging empress.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: August 04, 2012, 11:04:34 am »

Stepdad really needs to learn to clean up after himself. He's leaving open food out constantly, and does a crap job of washing dishes, so that there's usually still a solid layer of crud on thing that are on the drying rack. I'm getting really sick of all the ants that are coming in because of it, too. And what the hell happened to all the forks I bought with my own money? I've found only two, both dirty, and they came in packs of four(and I've bought more than one pack).

What makes it worse is he seems to think I'm the slob.

...a goddamned camper.
He's not planning on becoming a sniper, is he?
He doesn't have the eyesight or intelligence for it. Myself, on the other hand...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: August 04, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

I currently have a shit-faced big brother while we're spending the night at my mom's boyfriend's place. The place we have to sleep in is a bunk-bed, where being on the top bunk only leaves you one foot away from the ceiling, makes a hell of alot of noise if you move in it, I barely get any sleep whenever I sleep there, and with my acrophobia, is absolutely terrifying to get off of. He's been on the bottom bunk so many damn times it makes me sick and tired of being top-bunk all the time. So I decided that I'll get the bottom bunk. Guess who decided to run through the entire house just to get the bottom bunk? My douchebag brother! It's bad enough that he decides to strongarm me once in a while, but he constantly gloats and mocks me about how he got to it first, and now I get the shitty top-bunk. Hell, he even forced me to swear to god that he'd always get the bottom bunk, so no, technically, I automatically go straight to Hell for refusing by getting the good bottom bunk.

Sometimes, I wish I could just get the strength to get a long, curvy knive from the knife-box, march straight into his room, and fucking stab him just to show how I feel about him.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: August 04, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »

Honestly, talk to him when he's less shit faced. He probably think it's just big brother teasing or something like that.

My brother harassed me all the time "because that's what big brothers do." He let up after many talking-tos, and started treating me with a bit of respect.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:22 pm »

Pretty sure that's normal sibling behavior.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: August 05, 2012, 03:02:44 am »

@Nega: I'm a little confused, by "shit-faced" do you mean drunk? ???
That's what the term means here, at least, but you didn't mention him being drunk in the rest of the post.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: August 06, 2012, 04:03:49 pm »

. . .I'm 16, and not only do I not drink, I don't plan on drinking anytime soon either.  And I don't gloat about it either!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:32 pm »

Uhh. Congrats?
*Hugs*

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

And I don't gloat about it either!
0.o
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »

Oh god, he's here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: August 06, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »

. . .I'm 16, and not only do I not drink, I don't plan on drinking anytime soon either.  And I don't gloat about it either!

...okay then. I've spent a good 17 years with the alcohol getting into my system amounting to some bad orange juice.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: August 06, 2012, 05:53:58 pm »

Well, you're beating me. I only made it 16 years.

I look back on it as a very long mistake.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:06 pm »

23, never had a drop. I get the feeling I'll pass out after a single shot of... anything, so that might be a good thing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 3345