Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709245 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13650 on: July 28, 2012, 11:36:11 am »

Alright, so the boss claims that someone left some food item open and out in the open, and totally flipped his shit. Now, there's a slew of new rules specifically for DoL, community service, and youth league(whatever the hell that is) workers, some of which I believe are not legal for them to require of us. "Not legal" as in I could take their asses to court over it. Some of the new rules include bringing our own food and drink, being required to leave the property in order to take a drink of fucking water, prohibition of any "physical contact" with workers of the opposite gender, prohibition of exchanging personal information with other workers(I assume that means our names too, OTHER_WORKER_001?), requiring all women workers to be in a specific area of the property unless told otherwise, and a requirement to be "respectful during morning Bible Studies"(the other day I was informed to the effect that not attending was considered "disrespectful"). We were also told that we had to "work unto the Lord".

I actually got a copy of the list they posted, and I intend to show it to DoL. Interestingly, there's a bit at the bottom of the paper that asks for a signature, presumable to force new slaves to sign it, but we ourselves were not asked to sign(and I would not if they made me).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure the last two are illegal.
Thats really, really insane.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: July 28, 2012, 02:00:15 pm »

But unfortunately they have the power to do that because they are a church and government laws means jackshit to them, anyone remember the teacher that got kicked out because she's pregnant out of wedlock?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13653 on: July 28, 2012, 02:02:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Department of Labor (who gives them employees?) has issues with it anyway.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: July 28, 2012, 04:12:12 pm »

I would suggest getting MZ down there with his facepunching powers.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: July 28, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

So the house has been filled with the sounds of bathroom renovations, I had to perform a bunch of manual labour that reminded me how out of shape I am, my brother has been playing non-stop Street Fighter X (where X is whatever the fuck the number is that they're on right now), and frankly after a couple of weeks of him playing the game for several hours a day the sounds of it are really starting to grate on me.

My brain has been stuck in it's depressed "fuck you you're a screw up" mode, I'm not going to talk in detail about what that's like but it's very unpleasant, especially when I have nobody to talk to about it (which I don't). I tried to play Skyrim to distract myself from this, but I wanted to try to get Skyre installed and I ran into a bunch of trouble trying to do that since the nexus mod manager doesn't work and neither does SKSE apparently. I have no frigging clue how to get this thing to work and figuring it out is just going to be way more stress than I need right now.

Oh, and my uncle is apparently going to die a long, ugly, death due to pancreatic cancer. I may not know him very well but every interaction I've had with him told me that he's a frigging nice person, this is a pretty crappy thing.

Another pretty crappy thing is that the old Scottish lady who insists on frequently visiting us, annoying us, and cooking for us has come over to visit, annoy, and cook for us. Which is a problem not just because she's annoying (though I try to be nice to her, because she might be annoying but she's not a bad person), but because her cooking is usually pretty horrible, and what she's cooked for us this time sounds pretty unappetising.

Also there was apparently an accident in the kitchen, I haven't looked, but it sounds like there might be a lot of blood.

Usually a lot of bad stuff happening just makes me feel sad, but today I just feel angry, and frustrated. It's also basically manifesting as a desire for self-destruction, what I want to do right now is puncture my ear drums, skewer out my eyes, wrap my head in duct tape, and throw myself off a cliff. I'm not actually going to do anything like that, I'm just saying that I want out of this frigging miserable world so frigging bad right now.

Instead of doing that I'm going to go see what's wrong in the kitchen.

EDIT: Incidentally, in case anyone cared, my mother accidentally maced herself with a sauce that had habanero pepper in it.

Also my sincere apologies to the forum at large for my irritating habit of ranting about my stupid little issues here. I know those of you're probably all tired of it by now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:47:01 pm by Pnx »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

*hug* we all have issues, it's perfectly fine to share.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: July 28, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

I went to see The Dark Knight Rises and the theater's power went out at the film's climax. Had to wait for ten minutes for them to get it running again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:15 pm »

This party is suffering a severe case of drama. There's really no situation where I want to be standing alone in a room while everyone else runs off to cry on each other's shoulders or something. I'd at least like to be involved.

Anyways, it's a huge downer.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: July 28, 2012, 10:57:53 pm »

They all having mental breakdowns, or is everyone just being jerks to each other?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:08 pm »

I think both? Man, I don't even know any of the gossip. This is just boring.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: July 29, 2012, 12:32:26 am »

Yesterday's evening was ruined by a massive thunderstorm. Lightning all over the place.

Nothing to do but sleep.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: July 29, 2012, 12:40:11 am »

Not... not in happy thread? That. That's like the perfect evening, if it doesn't burn your house down. Thunderstorms are so nice when they're not causing property damage...

So pretty, so soothing. Rain, and one of nature's best sounds. Lightning everywhere, so beautiful...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: July 29, 2012, 12:42:23 am »

Also my sincere apologies to the forum at large for my irritating habit of ranting about my stupid little issues here. I know those of you're probably all tired of it by now.
I'm not. That's sort of what these threads are for.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: July 29, 2012, 01:12:54 am »

I'm not. That's sort of what these threads are for.

This. We all rant about 'stupid little issues' here. If we were to get onto you about it, that would be highly hypocritical of us. :)

Also, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBeAjISBb2U&feature=relmfu
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 3345