Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708453 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12990 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:22 pm »

From your description (and the location of impact), it really sounds like the other driver should be 100% at fault. Fingers crossed for ya, bro. Glad to hear you and your daughter are OK.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:12 pm »

Why would you take collision coverage off. Isn't that what most of accidents entail at somepoint?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: July 05, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »

Why would you take collision coverage off. Isn't that what most of accidents entail at somepoint?
Money, dear boy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: July 05, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »

Wait. Wait. Car insurance is mandated, mainly because if you collide with someone else you have to be insured because of costs. But you can get a car insurance that doesn't cover collisions. Something is not working as it should here.
Love, scriver~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: July 05, 2012, 02:14:33 pm »

Money, dear boy.
Hes got a point, no collision coverage on my subu saves me almost 75 bucks a month in insurance

Wait. Wait. Car insurance is mandated, mainly because if you collide with someone else you have to be insured because of costs. But you can get a car insurance that doesn't cover collisions. Something is not working as it should here.
The insurance you have to purchase is liability insurance for vehicles and persons, coverage for yourself is extra.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:31 pm »

You should [NOT] take vengeance upon your ex-wife. That would be awful[LY SATISFYING].
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12996 on: July 05, 2012, 02:16:36 pm »

Minimal insurance is liability insurance.

It only has to cover the other car and its occupants if you are at fault. It does not have to cover anything if you are not at fault, and it does not have to cover damage and injury to the covered party.

Full coverage covers everyone no matter what, and is only required if someone has a lien on your vehicle.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: July 05, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »

Yes. The whole damned thing is nonsense. Insurance really, really needs to be streamlined.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: July 05, 2012, 02:55:13 pm »

Weather appears to hate me so I think I'm gonna hate it back as good as I can.

Which is a lot.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Like 0/4 while taking calls today. I hate telling someone that I don't have a good answer for them at this time, but fuck me if that's what I've had to say to several customers, after working on their issues for several hours a piece.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: July 05, 2012, 04:48:01 pm »

Minimal insurance is liability insurance.

It only has to cover the other car and its occupants if you are at fault. It does not have to cover anything if you are not at fault, and it does not have to cover damage and injury to the covered party.

Full coverage covers everyone no matter what, and is only required if someone has a lien on your vehicle.

Yeah, that makes a whole lot more sense. Didn't quite think that one trough.
Love, scriver~

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: July 05, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »

My fiancee found out today (well, we suspected for a while now but today gives us a bit of proof) that her apartment owners are out to screw her out of as much money as they can even if said money does not go to them.

She moved in on the fourth of May with a four-month lease.

1) The apartment complex doesn't accept check or cash - she has to go to the drug store across the street to buy a cashier's check. The alternative is to pay with debit. The credit processor charges more for the transaction than the drug store does for the cashier's check. Regardless of what she does, she has to pay more than her lease says rent is just to pay said rent.

2) She was told last week that the apartment place has been paying for her gas and electric (water and sewage are paid - she has to take care of these) for the entirety of her stay so far. Apparently they're not only incompetent but stupid. They "didn't know" that they were paying her utilities. They're going to ask for the cost of the bills as well as a charge to cover their incompetence. I would think they would have told her how to get the bills sent to her when she moved in, but they didn't.

3) As she's only got a few months left, she's not going to get her deposits back from the utility companies. That's an extra $100 or so at each place. That's right, $100 to click a few buttons in whatever program the utility company is using just to make an account so that she may give them even more of her money.

4) The apartment complex has a number of large buildings. Each building has four apartments in it. In the entry of each building is a bank of four mailboxes. In order to send mail, you... place the mail that you want to send right out in the open on top of the mailboxes. If you think that's as mindfuckingly stupid as it sounds, you can place the mail inside your mailbox with a note telling the mailman to take the fucking mail that's in there just like they do in every other place ever.

5) She told them today that she's only got two months of her lease left. Again, they're incompetent and need you to remind them sixty days before your lease ends or, guess what, more charges for you. In turn, she was told that she has more time than that. You may have noticed that I said she moved in on the fourth. Their billing period starts on the first, meaning the entire first month she stayed there wasn't a "real" month and thus doesn't count toward her lease. That means she either 1) gets to pay an entire month of rent that she didn't expect, or 2) gets to pay an entire month of rent plus a $500 charge for breaking her lease.

This is leaving out some of the minor rages. They didn't fix her apartment before she moved in. The AC was broken during 100+ degree conditions and the fridge didn't work. Then she got home after work one day to find various appliances on that she didn't turn on - someone who works at the complex had come in without telling her that and snooped around for whatever. Nothing was taken.

I've begun looking up tenant protection laws for my state, but every government website I've been to in my life has been broken to the point of uselessness.

Also, my AC is broken in my car (just like everything else in the piece of crap). I get to drive three hours to see her in 100+ degree weather. Seems kind of minor in comparison.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:40:18 pm by Mephisto »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: July 05, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel your rage, brother. It is like a beautiful star blazing in the stark darkness of the sky with malevolent hate for incompetence. Join the darkside, we have cookiees and a great catharsis program.

As a side note, someone else said this, but I feel it is the correct way to sum up my state of rage at this particular junction:

Incensed is an understatement, my friend. I am livid. I am full to the brim with incessant, insatiable rage. I am anger. I am the past and the present, every atrocity committed and will be done. I am the seven faces of the God of Wrath, born to this earth not of a woman but out of pure spite, sent to judge equally the living and the dead under the mantra of anger. I am a minister of death, praying for war. There is an onslaught of pure malice and a fire of unforgiving rebellion in my heart that has laid dormant for so long, and you, my dearest friend, are the spark that set fire to it. Every cell in my body is now dedicated to the very enterprise of hate, and every moment I spend, every breath I take and every move I make, is a means to achieve utter and total, blinding rage. Simply put, buddy, I am a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker, motherfucker.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

I feel your rage, brother. It is like a beautiful star blazing in the stark darkness of the sky with malevolent hate for incompetence. Join the darkside, we have cookiees and a great catharsis program.

As a side note, someone else said this, but I feel it is the correct way to sum up my state of rage at this particular junction:

Incensed is an understatement, my friend. I am livid. I am full to the brim with incessant, insatiable rage. I am anger. I am the past and the present, every atrocity committed and will be done. I am the seven faces of the God of Wrath, born to this earth not of a woman but out of pure spite, sent to judge equally the living and the dead under the mantra of anger. I am a minister of death, praying for war. There is an onslaught of pure malice and a fire of unforgiving rebellion in my heart that has laid dormant for so long, and you, my dearest friend, are the spark that set fire to it. Every cell in my body is now dedicated to the very enterprise of hate, and every moment I spend, every breath I take and every move I make, is a means to achieve utter and total, blinding rage. Simply put, buddy, I am a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker, motherfucker.

Can't tell if mocking or sympathetic. RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: July 05, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »

Sympathetic. I wouldn't put that much effort into being mocking. I would have been like, "Wuss." I'm too fucking angry today to be clever while mocking someone. Rage.

And the 'Incensed is an understatement...' was directed at pretty much everyone within a physical 100 miles of me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 3345