Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699255 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1275 on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »

I'd like to clarify that I wasn't contributing to Akura's story.  I had my own rage post.
I know, you just reminded me that he made some comments about atheism.

My boss was talking today in compolsory Bible Study

Stop right there. Where the hell do you work that you have mandatory terrible fairy tale book club?
Uh, a religious organization. However I'm not a volunteer there, I was assigned by the Deptartment of Labor.

@Everyone else: WTF?! ???
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 12, 2011, 12:02:03 am »

Ahem. Nu Metal != Metal. This coming from the dood who was born the same year as Metallica put out their first EP. Also that year, these metal groups formed: Death, Helloween, Queensryche, Testament, and last, but certainly not least, Megadeth. It was a good year.

What's the ! in your sentence? mean?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 12, 2011, 12:02:35 am »

Uh, a religious organization. However I'm not a volunteer there, I was assigned by the Deptartment of Labor.

what. Are you at least getting paid now?

What's the ! in your sentence? mean?

It's actually " != " which is the logical operator for "not equal" in C++. The more you know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 12, 2011, 12:36:30 am »

Ahem. Nu Metal != Metal. This coming from the dood who was born the same year as Metallica put out their first EP. Also that year, these metal groups formed: Death, Helloween, Queensryche, Testament, and last, but certainly not least, Megadeth. It was a good year.
Nu Metal? If thats the case then old school Linkin Park would be in that category.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 12, 2011, 12:52:10 am »

eh, I've always disagreed with that classification. When (and before) Hybrid Theory came out,they were more of an experimental fusion of techno and hip-hop with a unifying rock sound. And it was kinda cool. It just got lumped in with the other stuff that came out around the same time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 12, 2011, 12:54:41 am »

Fuck the System!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 12, 2011, 12:56:25 am »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 12, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

Then I counter with...Cemetary Gates!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 12, 2011, 01:02:50 am »

Reverend, reverend, does Maximumzero have a great taste in music?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 12, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

One of their better songs (although the religious theme is a slight turn off to me), but Cemetary Gates cannot hope to match Cowboys from Hell or Primal Concrete Sledge.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 12, 2011, 01:15:13 am »

One of their better songs (although the religious theme is a slight turn off to me), but Cemetary Gates cannot hope to match Cowboys from Hell or Primal Concrete Sledge.

Or Mouth For War!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 12, 2011, 01:15:24 am »

Well, I can't come right out of the gate firing the big guns, now can I? (And as a devout atheist, the religious theme has never bothered me. I just like it for what it is: a shredfest that's fun to sing/wail to.)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:53 am »

Well, I can't come right out of the gate firing the big guns, now can I? (And as a devout atheist, the religious theme has never bothered me. I just like it for what it is: a shredfest that's fun to sing/wail and headbang to.)

You left something out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 12, 2011, 01:20:24 am »

That's a given. If you're not headbanging whilst listening to Pantera, you're not doing it right.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 3345