Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690375 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12630 on: June 24, 2012, 10:38:03 am »

Remember the anti-minecraft troll ALWAYS RIGHT GOD that i posted a week or so ago?
He strikes again.
He got muted on our TF2 server for being annoying.
And obviously, HE is right, and he did not deserve this and this and that.
Gah, i hope he gets a permaban from our community.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:47 am »

This really needs it's own thread. Let the rage thread be about rage instead of debate.
Good on you for being the bigger man and insisting on having the last word.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:41 am »

This really needs it's own thread. Let the rage thread be about rage instead of debate.
Way to be hypocritical.
It was consuming the thread. This was supposed to be a thread for venting frustration, but this point started dragging on with a bunch of s*it-slinging. I tried to bring it back down, but it ran the other way spiraled out of control. Once I realized I was getting sucked into it as well, I suggested we take the argument elsewhere, and stop cluttering this thread.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:30 am »

Right but the point is that you suggested that after including, in the very same post, some counterpoints. That sort of dissonance is a wholly unrelated problem. Generally, "Here's the reasons I'm right, but we should stop arguing" is poor form. It suggests insincerity, and that you don't really want to stop the argument, but want to win it (in this case by getting people to stop arguing against you). And since it seems insincere, it comes off as an attempt to seize moral high ground that you aren't actually attempting to earn.

It's entirely possible, nay, probable, that this is not what you intended, but that is the general implication, and whether you intended it or not, it remains a poor way to present an argument.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:50 am »

Way to be hypocritical.
It was consuming the thread. This was supposed to be a thread for venting frustration, but this point started dragging on with a bunch of s*it-slinging. I tried to bring it back down, but it ran the other way spiraled out of control. Once I realized I was getting sucked into it as well, I suggested we take the argument elsewhere, and stop cluttering this thread.

What made me rage today: Having to wake up to this shit on my favorite forum. Come on people, it was an offhand comment relating to the WBC desecrating military dead. It had literally nothing to do with your hate of American policies. Please stop discussing it here, I'm making a thread for you all to fight in right now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: June 24, 2012, 11:46:08 am »

I don't know why I ever try playing wargames. Touching those pieces turns otherwise reasonable people into raging goddamn assholes, without exception. Just once I would like to meet a wargamer who does not become an absolute dick the moment they get near a figurine.

(I don't think it's possible).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: June 24, 2012, 11:47:59 am »

I don't turn into a raging dick when I'm wargaming, but I'm try really hard to be chill all the time so... Maybe I just think I don't act like a dick.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: June 24, 2012, 11:53:30 am »

I don't turn into a raging dick when I'm wargaming, but I'm try really hard to be chill all the time so... Maybe I just think I don't act like a dick.
I don't think that was a dick comment. At the very least not an unwarranted one.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: June 24, 2012, 12:01:02 pm »

I don't think that was a dick comment. At the very least not an unwarranted one.
No, I realize he was talking about someone else. I just wanted to provide evidence that not every wargamer is a raging psychopath the instant the game starts.
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: June 24, 2012, 12:16:38 pm »

Most of them don't realize it. Most of them don't even realize when the other guy does it. The only people I've ever seen able to realize it seem to be outside observers who are not actually wargaming at the time.

I just want to play a game and have some fun, and that doesn't involve... well, any of the things that people who play these games apparently want to get out of them. The only other place I've seen the sort of mentality is on some D&D players (never other RPGs, always D&D), which I assume is somehow a child of its wargaming roots, and I've never seen a wargamer without it.

Except playing mage knights, oddly enough. Which didn't last long.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #12640 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »

Wanna specify a bit what youre meaning here, what have you experienced? :S
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:03:32 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: June 24, 2012, 03:07:05 pm »

I apologize for indirectly starting that argument.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: June 24, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »

"Hey can you look at my computer? It crashed and now it won't turn on properly again."
"Uh, what happened?"
"I don't know, I plugged in my usb-stick and then it crashed."
"Nothing else?"
"No, it only crashed like it always does when I use my usb-stick and the-"
"Wait what? You're telling me that your piece of shit crashes every time you use a stick?"
"Yes, but it always turned back on before!"
"Listen. When a computer regularly crashes when you plug in a device, it's broken. You don't fucking ignore that kind of shit! Get that thing fixed somewhere."
"But I have a report to send tomorrow!"
"Well, tough. You've got nobody but your bloody self to blame here."
"But it's not my fault!"
And that's when I remembered that people are retarded and expect you to magically repair your computers instantly because you had a whopping two semesters of programming lessons. And of course are completely devoid of any blame whatsoever.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: June 24, 2012, 04:01:39 pm »

Welcome to tech support!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: June 24, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

Customer service: the rotten, infested asshole of labor.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 3345