Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705904 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12480 on: June 20, 2012, 12:30:00 am »

So apparently antiandrogens get prescribed to cis women for acne. Acne!

How incredibly easy it is to get these drugs when you don't need them that much!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: June 20, 2012, 12:32:21 am »

Not transgendered.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:12 am »

Not transgendered.

Yeah, but why does it cause you to rage? Antiandrogens work really well as an acne medication, whereas the study of the problems caused by transgender hormones is relatively in its infancy.

Give it time, it should be fine. At least, I do believe it's not an active effort to deny anyone rightful treatment.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:41 am »

Lack of sleep.

I open the window, can't sleep because of noise coming from the road.

I close the window and I can't sleep because of how friggin hot it is.

This caused me to have a bit under five hours of sleep before an exam isntead of the planned and needed eight.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:30 am »

So apparently antiandrogens get prescribed to cis women for acne. Acne!

How incredibly easy it is to get these drugs when you don't need them that much!
Acne that requires medicating can be very severe, don't trivialize it.

Josephus also has a point about the lack of study on the danger of it. You can't just overload a person with hormones and hormonal blockers that they otherwise won't generate and expect it not to have consequences. For example, early hormonal birth control had unpleasant side effects because it employed way too much progesterone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: June 20, 2012, 02:27:57 am »

This

Could somebody PLEASE help me formulate a good answer to why this game is not terrible?
Ugh, why do i always have to play devils advocate...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: June 20, 2012, 02:31:07 am »

Not even touching that one, sorry. I've learned to keep out of Minecraft/Notch arguments, as they can quickly devolve into flame wars.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: June 20, 2012, 02:33:43 am »

I'm with Sirus on this one, in that kind of thing, everyone loses.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: June 20, 2012, 02:36:57 am »

Hmm... True.

One last comment, and i'm out of this.

EDIT:

FFFFUUUU
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:56:01 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

Dude, responding to accusations of fanboyism by calling the other guy a 'hater' is like probably the second most inadvisable thing you could possibly do.

Next to calling the other guy a Nazi, that is.

Neither helps your case and rather reinforce the strength of the opposition's accusation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: June 20, 2012, 02:58:28 am »

Not going to edit it now.
that would make things worse.
I'm really out of it now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: June 20, 2012, 03:00:54 am »

Seriously. You can't just call someone a hater or a nazi. You've got to pull out the big guns.

Use awkward and irrelevant racial slurs.
Respond to any accusations of avoiding other people's points with "I'M NOT LISTENING, NYA NYA".
Insult their mother, then insult your own mother.

Surefire way to win any internet argument.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: June 20, 2012, 03:03:29 am »

Yeah, but why does it cause you to rage? Antiandrogens work really well as an acne medication, whereas the study of the problems caused by transgender hormones is relatively in its infancy.

Give it time, it should be fine. At least, I do believe it's not an active effort to deny anyone rightful treatment.
Josephus also has a point about the lack of study on the danger of it. You can't just overload a person with hormones and hormonal blockers that they otherwise won't generate and expect it not to have consequences. For example, early hormonal birth control had unpleasant side effects because it employed way too much progesterone.

What I'm looking at isn't an early or experimental drug. It's been in use for a variety of reasons for over fifty years. Its pharmacology and side effects in both sexes are very well understood, as it's had uses in both sexes. It's one of the most commonly used drugs in male to female transitioning.

And I don't want to be rude here, but claiming that the health of trans people is a significant factor in the multitudinous barriers between them and proper care is completely uninformed, and pretty blatant concern trolling. That's not the issue at all. It's just like the pro lifers who cite statistics on how harmful abortion is - if it's a procedure you don't agree with, suddenly everyone's got to be way more careful with it and you've got to have a way better justification than any other procedure.

All the caring and concern for our health conveniently only happens when it's able to block us from getting care. There are all these ridiculous laws. "You have to live for a year as the opposite gender to make sure you won't regret it!" Nobody seems to care quite as much about other permanent body modifications or cosmetic surgeries. I don't see anybody saying you should have to walk around with a fake tattoo for a couple months before you're allowed to make it permanent. That would be absurd, and for a good reason.

Suddenly when you're trans, all the cis people in the world start worrying about your health in all the ways that stop you from getting any help. Not nearly as many people care if you're depressed or dysphoric. Nobody cares if I hate myself for having a man's body, but if I want a woman's body then I'll have a million people wanting me to make absolutely sure I won't regret it.

I'm not saying you guys are transphobes or agree with the strict legalization, but it's easy for allies to adopt arguments like this. You might see these points and actually be legitimately concerned for people, but a lot of them are exaggerated. A good litmus test for this is to be cautious about health concerns that prioritize hindering people over helping them.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: June 20, 2012, 03:04:57 am »

Seriously. You can't just call someone a hater or a nazi. You've got to pull out the big guns.

Use awkward and irrelevant racial slurs.
Respond to any accusations of avoiding other people's points with "I'M NOT LISTENING, NYA NYA".
Insult their mother, then insult your own mother.

Surefire way to win any internet argument.
It's true, you know. I once tried to conduct an argument with well-thought-out examples and cited statistics. Boy, was that a mistake! Now I call everyone who disagrees with me a commie-nazi person of Middle Eastern descent who has questionable sexual preferences. Works every time!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 3345