Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702946 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

North Dakota citizens will vote on June 12 on an incredibly dangerous ballot initiative. If passed, it would allow people to claim that their personal religious beliefs give them the right to break non-discrimination, health, safety, and child protection laws.
Hey guys, so I heard there's this one religion, where they worship this really cool blood God...

I wholly endorse this religion. So, does that mean that if I move to teh Dakota and sign up with this totally valid religion that I can then go about killing cats wantonly and telling Dwarves wat to do and eventually starving and/or setting them on fire when I get bored with them or they make a mistake?

If so, then I am conflicted... While I do like cats, being allowed to do as I wish with them is a plus...but I like cats :( see the conundrum?
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except that someone has to determine what "invested government interest" means, and as such the law will probably be overseen by a committee, and since this committee is probably going to be fundamentalist christians, they'll crack down on certain crazy people, but they'll let people persecute homosexuals, or de-legalise abortion because freedom of religion just means you're free to choose whatever christian denomination you want.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

As long as it isn't one of the lunatic denominations, that is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well of course, some of them actually allow people of the same gender to marry in their church!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well of course, some of them actually allow people of the same gender to marry in their church!
What blasemphy!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personal rage moment.

So I woke up this morning at 8, after going to bed at 4. I couldn't get back to sleep and my stomach was growling, so I go downstairs to get some food. Toaster is missing due to kitchen renovations, so I have some cereal instead... few hours later my stomach is growling again, I have some soup and crackers. Now, less than three hours later it's grumbling again, frigging hell body, why are you so fecking high maintenance? I've fed you twice already today! I hate this frigging ugly meatsack.

Also, steam is making me install DirectX again, considering I just went through this twice yesterday, I think it's up to date.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:42:22 pm by Pnx »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Cereal and soup aren't exactly....toothsome meals. When you eat light you feel hungry more often.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cereal is like an anti-hunger-fighter. I think it just makes most people more hungry rather quickly.

Soup is... it depends on the soup. I've found lentil soup to be filling, delicious, and long lasting.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Cereal is most certainly not anti-hunger in sufficient quantity. As long as it isn't something like fruity pebbles, which is more milk than food, really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, the hunger comes from the surplus of sugars spiking your system and then leaving it empty, doesn't it - wouldn't more cereal simply exacerbate the problem?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

So instead of the sporicide that we were using to clean the biosafety hood (because that resulted in a tech going to the ER and OSHA getting called in), we've moved on to bleach. Functional, but the surfaces are stainless steel which apparently does not like bleach very much. The solution to the inevitable rusting is to wipe it down with water after the necessary contact time, but am I the only person that realizes that "slow down the corrosion" is not a viable long-term solution? We could always go back to alcohol, guys, that seemed to work fine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, the hunger comes from the surplus of sugars spiking your system and then leaving it empty, doesn't it - wouldn't more cereal simply exacerbate the problem?
This was cheerios. The soup was condensed tomato soup with half a can of water.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Doesn't for me. Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch is rather filling for something I'll eat two or three bowls of.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

So instead of the sporicide that we were using to clean the biosafety hood (because that resulted in a tech going to the ER and OSHA getting called in), we've moved on to bleach. Functional, but the surfaces are stainless steel which apparently does not like bleach very much. The solution to the inevitable rusting is to wipe it down with water after the necessary contact time, but am I the only person that realizes that "slow down the corrosion" is not a viable long-term solution? We could always go back to alcohol, guys, that seemed to work fine.

I reccomend Gamma Rays.

Disclaimer: may cause some monsterism.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 3345