Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698966 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

why are we attributing old jokes to this terrible show now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

That show is many people's first experience with geek culture.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That show is many people's first experience with geek culture.

Yes, but GEORGE TAKEI? God damn.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I really hate that show.

Did you know that rock/paper/scissors/lizard/spock, one of the things it's most famous for inventing, was actually taken from some website somewhere?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Some website somewhere. :P

I've watched the first two episodes of that show and hated it. Don't see the appeal, myself. But whatever~ If people like it, I'm not going to whine.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It's kind of like nerd blackface, really...

(though it's not quite the same, obviously)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

From what I've heard of it, it's nerd culture for the Baby Boomers, in the only format they understand.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I don't really care about the stereotypes or anything (and blackface is a completely inappropriate comparison), it's just that it's not a very good show for how popular it is.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Frankly I much prefer Community. Abed is a much more likable aspie character than Sheldon. And Dan Harmon, the show creator, is probably the nerdiest to ever produce a (non-sci fi) tv show. One of episodes is just the main cast playing a game of AD&D (with a limited number of dice rolls shown to avoid scaring the straights). Well, that's not entirely true; more happens in that episode, but it all takes place during the session.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I give both shows a solid 'meh'. I don't really see the appeal in either one, as they both just serve to make geeks/nerds the butt of even more jokes than we already are.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I never really like Community, but the Pillows Vs. Blankets episode was pretty damn good.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

While we are on the topic, Battleground? Love it? Hate it?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

May 10: "Out of stock! Back in stock est. May 12."
May 13: "Out of stock! Back in stock est. 1-3 weeks."

Why would you even tell me it would be 2 days? Was that ever really a possibility?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

13.5 hours of CUDA debugging down; 8 to go before it's due. D:

All I know is somethings somewheres are broken. CUDA debugging is like debugging with breakpoints, but without the breakpoints.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:32:24 am by alway »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

I don't really care about the stereotypes or anything (and blackface is a completely inappropriate comparison), it's just that it's not a very good show for how popular it is.
You seem to be implying that a shows popularity is actually correlated in some way to how good it is. Sadly, it isn't.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 3345