Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698640 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I'm out of money. -_- I have to spend the rest of this week's pay on finalizing teh divorze. No more cheese til next week.  :-\

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile

So I bought this fancy ass Razer mouse a while back.

Now the glitchy driver software seems to have permanently disabled the mouse on my computer. Yay technology!

edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure it killed the mouse's firmware. As in, the stuff that's actually on the mouse. Meaning that this mouse is now a paperweight.

Had the similar issue with my Razer mouse,
I still have the mouse, and the driver installer, but the mouse does not work, I tried re-installing the driver software, didn't do anything, they tried on a few different computers, the mouse is dead, just out of nowhere stopped working and is now also a paperweight

As cool as Razer Mice look, I will never buy one again, and I highly suggest you don't either.

also, I didn't read the last 3 pages, so sorry if I interrupted anything,.. i'm gunno go back and read those 3 pages now
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'm on my second Razer mouse, and I like it.  I used the first one without any issues for several years.  Now I'm using a Tron mouse that I got super cheap off of Woot.  The only issue I have is the back end of it is rounded so that I have a tendency to very slightly roll it back and lift the front end off the surface, which throws off accuracy.

I do, however, have lots of trouble with my Razer Lycosa keyboard.  First, the backlight doesn't stay on.  Second, every once in a while a single random key will just become unresponsive without warning, and the only way to get it back is to re-plug the keyboard into usb.  Annoying.  Kills a gaming moment here and there.  I really wish it didn't have those issues, because the look and feel of the keyboard is amazing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Razer brand is for people that care more about aesthetics that functionality it seems,
All of their equipment is simply beautiful, but these are not the first product quality complaints I've heard.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

The stuff works perfectly. It's razer's fancy management software that bugs up and bricks your mouse.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Every computer in my university that has flash professional on it has disappeared, and I've no idea where to. I need this for my coursework, due in a week.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I just bought a Razer Deathadder.....

Is there any way I can avoid their buggy driver management software?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Install drivers, do not install managing software?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I figured, but I know what stuff is often bundled in whatever package they send you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

To my knowledge it has to notify you when it starts installing the management software? Something like a generic install screen to confirm/cancel at the very least. If you can find the appropriate drivers outside of the package then you should be able to install the driver that way. I'm probably wrong though as I have never used a Razor product and don't know how driver installation goes with them, or how available the drivers are by manual download.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

You have to install their software if you want to customize the fancy stuff the multitude of buttons on your mouse do.

Anyways, I emailed their support about my mouse. Let's hope that's decent. And the shitty ancient logitech mouse I'm using requires me to basically punch the left click for it to work, so it's touchpad-only for me.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

That sounds interesting. I tried to punch my mouse once but it just squeaked unhappily, and by that I mean it broke and became unusable. I am using a Logitech right now, but it's decent other then the mouse-wheel is really sensitive, sporadically, and it pisses me off. Sucks that you have to install their software to customize the fancy stuff :( I kinda want to get a gamer mouse since that's pretty much all I do with my PC. Maybe I can find one where the button-macros will change depending on what program I am using. Could be useful for my programming work too.
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

This thing saw heavy use for a year or two, and then the left click started rapidly wearing out. Logitech makes good stuff, but I'm not so sure about the durability of it.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

I had one Logitech mouse that got chewed on by a dog a little while I was taking a nap. It was sorta F'd up looking and wouldn't click at all so I took a knife to it and carved out what was causing the issues. Ended up taking the entire thing apart, McGuyver-ing a new clicker for the buttons (just sorta glued stuff on top of them to increase sensitivity), and wrapped it up in electrical tape to hold it together :D Lost the use of the mousewheel because I lost the springs, but meh. It kept working for another few months until I forgot to put it up and it got nommed by the same dog. It did not survive the encounter. R.I.P. Crippled Logitech Mouse #01123212323
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 3345