Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698963 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It's recognizable in some places that predominately use English, but often only with pretty old folks -- it's mostly fallen out of use, from what I've seen. Usually we just use drug store or pharmacy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It's recognizable in some places that predominately use English, but often only with pretty old folks -- it's mostly fallen out of use, from what I've seen. Usually we just use drug store or pharmacy.
Its also (as far as I've seen from a friend or two) well known by 40k-interested people for a completely different reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Well, yes, but in general use apothecary doesn't involve chainswords :P
Ask not!
Ask!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Man, I just singed a bit of my hair.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Man, I just singed a bit of my hair.

Don't worry about it.  Harmless so long as you don't chase him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

For some reason, I've known that word for a long time.

Also, if you read either the Hunger Games or Eragon, you probably picked it up too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I've known it since I read shakespeare in my freshman year of high school. Romeo and Juliet, to be exact.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I've known the word for a long time, too, but this is the first I've heard it used in a modern context.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Well, yes, but in general use apothecary doesn't involve chainswords :P

It made my trip to germany rather amusing for me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Everything sounds more impressive when you include chainswords.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

There are much bigger things to rage about, but here you go. There is no cheese in the house.

There. Is. No. Cheese.

I just fucking bought cheese two days ago. I bought three pounds of it! RAAAAAAAGH! CHEEEEEEEESE!

* MaximumZero is throwing a tantrum!

...all I wanted was a decent sandwich...is that too much to ask?

* MaximumZero weeps.

[/melodrama]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Are you eating the cheese in your sleep?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... you ate three pounds of cheese in two days time? That... Not bad. Not bad at all.

I feel your cheese rage. It's usually cheese depression for me, though. No cheese is a sad state if affairs. We're almost out here, too :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I moved in with my parents, brother and disabled aunt to help pay bills, because none of them are employed, and it was an easy place to live during the divorce.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ah, others were consuming the cheese, too. This makes more sense. Maybe quick store trip for more cheese?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 3345