Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697711 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TRAPPED! Edition
« Reply #10740 on: April 30, 2012, 01:15:57 pm »

In other news, Teen Pregnancy rates drop sharply after the age of 19.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: April 30, 2012, 01:29:42 pm »

In other news, Teen Pregnancy rates drop sharply after the age of 19.
I needed a good laugh. Thank you. I'm so gonna reuse that one.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »

I'm going to reuse it right now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: April 30, 2012, 03:47:21 pm »

Another bad case of superstition: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/30/11474419-cops-father-tries-to-sacrifice-son-in-cemetery?lite
Joseph Ramirez, 30, took his family to Mount Hope Cemetery Saturday afternoon and told them his dead grandmother told him to sacrifice the 8-year-old boy, according to San Diego police.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »

One wonders where supersition ends and batshit insane begins.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10745 on: April 30, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

Wargarble.

So I worked the whole weekend, plus pulled a couple extra long days last week. I performed messianic feats of code. And all I get for it is to have a extra metric shit ton of last minute bugs dumped on me ask asked when I expect to have them done (you have until 2am!) before I have a chance to look at them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:23:03 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: April 30, 2012, 04:52:41 pm »

Bugger this state.

Went out to get mop, to do mopping. Mop had been outside. Lift mop, head separates from rest of mop. Heat had caused the metal to expand to the point the bloody thing fell apart. Mopping with a mop only nominally in one piece is somewhat of a frustrating experience. To say nothing of the stare + minor rage when it initially came apart.

Also mosquitos. I'd say they could bite my ass, but they probably already have.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #10748 on: April 30, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »

Yeah, finding the good levels can be a real hassle.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10749 on: April 30, 2012, 08:40:06 pm »

@warhammer651: Is the game in question called SimVenture? If it is then I feel your pain. It is an awesomely crappy game with little to no explanations.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #10750 on: April 30, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

Apparently I am the only person in my family that still remembers its a good idea to pack food back up after cooking and not leave perfectly good food to spoil, bits of garbage about and piles of dishes all over the counters.

I know I am not exactly great in the cleaning department, but I dont waste food and I get the dirty dishes in the sink.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: April 30, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »

Apparently I am the only person in my family that still remembers its a good idea to pack food back up after cooking and not leave perfectly good food to spoil, bits of garbage about and piles of dishes all over the counters.

I know I am not exactly great in the cleaning department, but I dont waste food and I get the dirty dishes in the sink.

Holy fucking shit, are we existing in some sort of parallel singularity? I just got done throwing out something that had been stinking up the kitchen since Sunday. I think it was turkey soup. Process that for a minute. Now leave it sitting out on the counter for 1 to 2 days. And add a half-eaten steak from tonight sitting on the counter on top of it. And right as I was going to cook. FUCK.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:06:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

wow that sucks a lot. I hate throwing out food :( I'll cook up a few days worth of food at a time and then do the dishes and shove everything in the fridge so that I just have to remember to eat every day so I don't waste the stuff.
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

All times PM->AM, no odd day skips. Go to sleep about a quarter 'till nine. Wake up about a quarter 'till one feeling mostly rested. ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu--

Dammit sleep cycle I do not need this shit. I go to sleep early so I can get eight goddamn hours, not so I can wake up less than four later feeling like I can't go back to sleep.

You hear that, Morpheus, you bastard? You've gone up the list! You're in the check thrice bracket now! I don't know what part of you I'm going to break, but it's just got a plus one repetition tacked on.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

That happens to me a bit sometimes. I will finally get onto a good sleeping schedule and then my body says "FUCK THAT!" and makes things harsh for me again. Either I will wake up, like you did, or I will sleep for about twice as long as I wanted; the latter causes me to go nearly a day without being tired at all so I have to work hard to get into my normal sleep schedule again :(
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 3345