Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702359 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #1050 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:31 am »

Transformers, the movie. That to me defines the kind of cartoon kids in my day had the chance to watch as children.

Well, and Light Years, but that's not exactly kid-fare by any means. Movie gave me freaking nightmares for years as a 10 year old. Now it's one of my favorite all-time cartoon memories.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 21, 2011, 05:24:27 am »

I finally take the time to listen to some of their shows for once...
And all I can say is EVERYTHING.
I mean fuck, an episode of that wizard show, they spend the ENTIRE time being all definite on good vs evil, all like there is ALWAYS a definate line between the two, and as if they couldn't piss me off more, ALL of the damn protagonists go ahead and emotionally torture a group of children who they had recently turned to fruit by threatening them with a painful death! I mean fuck, this is obscene! And that's just one episode...

Are... are you serious? You realise their stuff is aimed at children, right? Why would you go into a Disney film expecting anything /but/ a clear delineation of good and evil? I dunno if you've noticed but children generally aren't known for their interest in exploring deep moral and philosophical quandaries.

edit: fix spelling error
I think the real problem iceball's getting at here is not that they show everything in a black-and-white spectrum, but that the heroes (because they are designated heroes and therefore everything they do is "good", even if it involves puppy-cide) are allowed to behave however immoral they want, without consequences; in this case, torturing children. I didn't get the feeling he complained about the black-n-whiteity, just about how twisted the shows inherent morals are.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 21, 2011, 09:15:17 am »

Not going into work today. My mom calls my supervisor and tells her that I'll be in tomorrow(which is normally my day off), then tells me some bullshit that my unpaid work pays the rent. Which is bullshit, because even at minimum wage, I ought to be making at least twice what I'm supposedly getting. This is followed by a threat of being kicked out to the streets(which are currently covered in 2-3" of snow).

Then she has the balls to offer me an allowance of MY OWN FUCKING MONEY.

Right now, I'm very close to killing someone. Really fucking am. The only thing stopping me is years of practice in self-control.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 21, 2011, 10:08:06 am »

Right now, I'm very close to killing someone. Really fucking am. The only thing stopping me is years of practice in self-control.
I know how you feel. I really do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 22, 2011, 07:44:14 am »

Huzzah. Getting ready for another day of slave-labor.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:21 pm »

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Every time I try and put some faith in other people not being despicable assholes I get it fucking thrown in my face and receive a damn curb stomp!

I got into an argument with a friend, I wont go into any detail as to what the argument was about as it is rather personal, but this friend I've known for ages and I've trusted with a lot of sensetive information about me. Anyway the argument went really badly almost to the point of fists flying, but after I'd cooled my my head I rang his mobile to apologise for over reacting. He doesn't answer any of my calls, 'Fine, he just needs some more time.' So going home (I've been round another friends at this point) I enter the house and am suddenly assualted with piercing question about things I've been trying hard for them not to know.

Things that my 'friend' knew.

Further enquiry with my brother brought to light that the fucktard had rang the house and asked to spoke to my parents.

I
Hate
People
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 22, 2011, 02:15:31 pm »

tell them to fucking bury it and you will deal with it.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 22, 2011, 02:21:07 pm »

Middle-class english parents, I was pushing it with the loud music and messy room.

But this has meant that they've gone into rage mode. Aparrently, what other people think of them is more important than THEY'RE FUCKING SON >:(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 22, 2011, 02:24:14 pm »

Oh shit the identity fight, tell them to get over it, there is fucking nothing wrong with you and they should be happy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 22, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

Hmm, will they calm down anytime soon?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »

They're currently arguing loudly blaming each other for who I inherated the fail genes from.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 22, 2011, 02:27:14 pm »

wtf thats stupid as hell, they are trying to put the blame on something other than themselves.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 22, 2011, 02:28:11 pm »

*Sighs and facepalms* Better lock the door soon

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »

wtf thats stupid as hell, they are trying to put the blame on something other than themselves.

People are increadably petty.

*Sighs and facepalms* Better lock the door soon

Let them come, I'm about as ready as I'll ever be to deck one of them if they're foolish enough to come up here after a 2 hour shout out.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 22, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »

Two hours  :o
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 3345