Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688304 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

Goddamn walnuts offering lower prices by treating their laborers badly and yet tasting delicious.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 12:35:19 am »

Psh.

Walnuts has all the high prices here. :/

It's really the god-damn people that make me rage.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:11 am »

Five times? That's like, 3 times more than shame on you. Has it turned purple yet?
It is bruised :<.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2010, 06:21:00 am »

Not today's event, but Starcraft's wallbanger ending.

HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY KNOW HE WOULD GET TO WHERE HE WAS WHEN HE TRIED TO DO THE THING HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO BUT NEVER DID ANYTHING ELSE FOR HIM WHILE WORKING FOR HIM HRAAAAAAAGH!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also its lack of a cover system, a 3D battlefield, the simplicity of combat mechanics themselves and no. damned. LAN. Its actually less of a game than the original Starcraft, for about twice the price.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 08:26:04 am »

I simply can't install UFO AI. All my download attempts are failing. Svn hangs up, my downloads break down at the slightest wifi hiccup.

At the very least they could provide more easily downloadable source packages, as do Warzone 2100 and Dungeon Crawl.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2010, 09:15:09 am »

League of Legends just released a new character, and surprise!  His ultimate skill is extremely overpowered.  It's an AoE taunt (not so bad) that forces all nearby enemies to physically attack it (sounds like a disadvantage, cool) then releases a huge burst of damage based on the damage he took, usually wiping a whole team because the taunt lasts long enough to allow the rest of the new guy's team to lay waste to the enemy team.  And he gains ability power based on how much magic defense he has.  In other words?  If you ability range him, you do nothing.  If you team up and close range him, he nukes you into outer space.  If you solo/two man him, he rapes you horribly because he can.  Well done League of Legends, well done.

To think I liked this game for it's balance, what the heck!?
Damage from his ulti isn't THAT big (it doesn't hold a candle to Nunu's ult, well actually this damage is only good for finishing off unless you are fed). Taunt can be cleansed and if you have merc threads you can usually escape before it goes off, its a channel so he can be stunned or disabled in other way to stop it before any damage goes off (when it comes to disabling so your team can lay waste Amumu is better at it). Oh and have you seen cooldown on it? His passive giving him AP sounds very very good but without it you would be useless since you would have hard time begin tanky and still threat to other team and don't forget you can't get away with just stacking MR, you need HP and armor too. Its all balanced, you just don't know how to counter him since he is new champ. Another pro tip: don't bunch up in tight group when enemy team has aoe disablers like Galio or Amumu, you are just making it easier for them. "If you solo/two man him, he rapes you horribly because he can." Wait , wait .... what??? He is horrible at 1 vs 1. Master Yi , Tryndamere etc. r*pes him every single time. What he is good at is crowd control with his aoe abilities to slow down enemies, speed up your allies, resistances buff and of course his "OP" ulti.

As for Xin yeah he was OP but patch fixed that quickly. LoL is balanced game (its not perfect by any means but that's quite impossible). Cries of OP'ness are heard always after new champion is released because people can't figure out how to counter this or that.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2010, 04:35:31 pm »

Having a fairly nice weather day ruined by a random-ass sore throat accompanied by feeling feverish all day.

Also, this next one didn't really make me raeg, but there's no thread for "things that made you extremely bemused and confused today." I tried to register on a forum dedicated to a fairly niche aspect of hiking and camping - camping hammocks to be exact. Since I'm thinking about getting one since I love hiking long distances but hate tents and sleeping on the ground. Anyway, once I registered it wouldn't let me post until an admin OK'ed my account or something. Then later I got an email that said something along the lines of "Your registration does not meet our requirements (ed: this was not explained ANY FURTHER at all). Your account has been removed."

I've been so, so confused. How many people can say they've been permabanned before even having a chance to post?
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2010, 04:37:03 pm »

Hitler. Dude gets cut no slack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2010, 05:49:09 pm »

I HAVE A MEDIC I NEED ANOTHER FUCKING MEDIC

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2010, 06:23:05 pm »

I NEED SOME FUCKING FOOOD.

BEE ARR BEE. THIRTY MINUTES
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Macalano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »

Someone tried to steal my scooter.
My co-workers told my manager as it was happening, so he could tell me, he never spoke to me.
Drove home on that same scooter, it stalled on me at an intersection.
Sat at the BP station drinking an icee in the Hell district of town, waiting for a ride.
That about it though...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:32 am »

Hitler. Dude gets cut no slack.

Nobody know's what its like... to be the bad man... to be the sad man... behind blue eyes.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2010, 10:47:21 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »

This really pissed me off.

People standing less than 5 feet from a Baja track, and they STONE the dude who can't avoid hitting people when coming off a jump? Here's a hint, you fucking douche bags, step away from the god damn track. Seriously, I can understand being angry, but stoning a guy when you were standing close enough to reach out and touch his car as it went by? What the fuck. Racing fans.

They must have changed the story, because an earlier version said the driver was attacked when he got out of the car and was hit with rocks. Also the drivers name is Sloppy...><
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:16:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2010, 06:57:49 pm »

The kind of crowd these races get is not usualy the smartest kind. So no surprise there.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:04:40 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 3345