Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696502 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I have an overabundance of faith in the intelligence of my cable company. These are the same professionals that decided the proper way to run my cable line was to staple half of it to the side of my house and then run the OTHER half right along the ground. I figured something was wrong with my internet when it started cutting out....and it was confirmed when I found my dog chewing on the line.

TWC pulled the same shit on me. Connection speed was terrible, kept having total drops of service. Found a cable loop that randomly stuck out of the ground, arced for like two feet, then went back into the ground. The exposed loop had teeth marks on it, and the insulation had been chewed down to the bare wire.

Somewhere in the woods, there's a raccoon going "lol im in ur yard, eatin ur intertubes"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I'm with TWC too. I've had their installers out no less than 3 times in 5 years to fix this issue. Finally, I basically had to tell at customer service to send someone out with a shovel to do it the right freaking way.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My net is gone again. Just when I started up path of exile too.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Thank god I have a cellphone that I can tether.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Comcast randomly cuts my internet every couple of days for a few hours. iSpeed (the previous provider) was slower but more reliable.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Comcast randomly cuts my internet every couple of days for a few hours. iSpeed (the previous provider) was slower but more reliable.

Switch your DNS server to a more reliable service such as google (8.8.8.8) rather than accepting a random one from the network. Comcast has a bullshit half assed DNS interceptor that regularly screws shit up. Doing this reduced the frequency of Comcast service interruption to a reasonable level for me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Switch your DNS server to a more reliable service such as google (8.8.8.8) rather than accepting a random one from the network. Comcast has a bullshit half assed DNS interceptor that regularly screws shit up. Doing this reduced the frequency of Comcast service interruption to a reasonable level for me.

concurrance, I use 8.8.8.8 as well, resolved many of the problem I have with Comcast.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I use google too.

The problem is simply that the internet quits.

(The secondary DNS is a foreign one.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Google DNS or OpenDNS, both are good. Though Google DNS seems to have better success with keeping the SOTS wiki pages openeing most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Y U no save game? not having one save in 3 hours time is just asking for trouble.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You're missing the point. If you aren't saving obsessively every turn and don't have at least four layered saves to fall back on, you're doing it wrong.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Or at least one save per hour. Everything has bugs. Even the stable things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Especially the stable things.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Software is 'stable' when you know what the bugs are; instead of not knowing.
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Software is 'stable' when you know what the bugs are; instead of not knowing.
alternatively, it's stable when you know there are no bugs.

There is no such non-trivial software. (depending on your definition of 'bug' of coarse)

Even if it works fine on the current hardware, on the current OS, it will have compatibility issues in the future; witness DF crashing at 2 gigs of RAM; some call it a bug, others do not. Is lack of multithreading a 'bug'? some would say so. Your program supports unicode?, great, but how about GB18030 characters?
I'm getting cake.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 3345