Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 12: Game over. Mafia win.  (Read 20858 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Day Three. Toaster is Toast. NEEDS A REPLACE.
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:33 pm »

If a cop died, then they would've flipped cop, not townie.

Those two posts sound quite a bit like rolefishing, though.  Bandages, yours is more direct, and I already suspect you of being scum seeing as how you've been posting fairly sparsely yet still played an active role in the lynching of two townies.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »

What do you mean "flipped cop, not townie?" Also why is rolefishing so bad right now? It's lylo, when is there ever a better time for a cop to reveal and tell us his info?
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2010, 07:39:34 pm »

Oh, when someone dies it says what they were. That's what you meant by flipping right? Ok, good point, so we might still have a cop to give us some hard facts and help us out.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »

why would wanting a cop to tell us who's scum on the last day for us to kill a scum be scummy?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2010, 12:12:08 am »

If a cop died, then they would've flipped cop, not townie.

Those two posts sound quite a bit like rolefishing, though.  Bandages, yours is more direct, and I already suspect you of being scum seeing as how you've been posting fairly sparsely yet still played an active role in the lynching of two townies.

Rolefishing at lylo is generally acceptable since everyone is going to claim anyways. Of course, the only person who's going to make a meaningful claim is a Cop. A Doctor shouldn't claim since that player still has time to block a kill.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2010, 12:17:21 am »

*facepalm*

Right.  Lylo.

I'm cop.

TacoDan N1 - Town (Of course)
Wolfchild N2 - Town (Surprisingly)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2010, 05:20:16 pm »

Toasted.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

Good luck on the final day! One tip for you all; reread all the posts from the previous days. All of the posts are there, they're not going anywhere. Pay attention to posts made by the dead townies. In particular, focus on players killed in the night. These players were chosen as threats to the scum.

Also, keep a look out for who voted who in what order. In general, players who move their vote on to a large bandwagon tend to be scum trying to capitalize on a group of townies voting another townie.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2010, 07:14:48 pm »

Toasted.
What is this supposed to mean?

I'm very surprised by that since he was a the top of my list now. But we also have to remember that there is a chance for a godfather role so I think we should still keep an eye on him just in case. We obviously don't want to lynch him on lylo based on the gamble that he is scum and that he has the godfather role since that just doesn't sound like a good idea at all.
Thendash's Livestream

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:58 pm »

EBWOP: Never mind on the question to toaster. I thought he was still alive but that was just his bah post.
Thendash's Livestream

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2010, 10:31:51 pm »

I'm very surprised by that since he was a the top of my list now. But we also have to remember that there is a chance for a godfather role so I think we should still keep an eye on him just in case. We obviously don't want to lynch him on lylo based on the gamble that he is scum and that he has the godfather role since that just doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

I was thinking Godfather, too.  He and Bandages are the main ones I've seen bandwagoning, and if he really is town, my second choice for scum is weird beard.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

How can it be bandwagoning if I cast the first vote each time? Honest question, I always have assumed bandwagoning was the act of jumping on the bandwagon, not accidentally starting it.

Lonewolf I, right now you're top on my suspect list. Looking back through the thread, you've been confidently casting votes against townies and covering your tracks with a lot of long-winded descriptions of what a town would do, so as to cover your tracks.

Claiming cop with information we all know already is a pretty safe way to pretend to be a cop. Until everyone posts, I can't believe you're the cop. Defend yourself, ye scum.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:13 pm »

Sorry for the double-post, but I know we're not supposed to edit:

Weird Beard, you've done nothing but drop votes on townies. That is incredibly scummy in and of itself, but combined with the fact that you simply lurk 90% of the game, without doing any scumhunting makes me think that you are scum, and are perhaps in cahoots with LonewolfI

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

How can it be bandwagoning if I cast the first vote each time? Honest question, I always have assumed bandwagoning was the act of jumping on the bandwagon, not accidentally starting it.
In this case it's not that you jumped on a bandwagon, it's that you stuck with one despite not having reasonable justification for your vote in the first place.  Technically not bandwagoning, yes, but very much related and also pretty scummy.

Lonewolf I, right now you're top on my suspect list. Looking back through the thread, you've been confidently casting votes a gainst townies and covering your tracks with a lot of long-winded descriptions of what a town would do, so as to cover your tracks.
You sure you're not getting this game confused with one of my other ones?  And where have I been consistently voting townies?  Lynching USEC D1 was near random, and I haven't voted any town since...

You're cornered, and you can't find anything on me, so you're making stuff up.  Good show, scum.

Claiming cop with information we all know already is a pretty safe way to pretend to be a cop. Until everyone posts, I can't believe you're the cop. Defend yourself, ye scum.
Defend myself from what?  False statements?  If I only had info that was already known, I wouldn't have claimed.  A town result on wolfchild is not common knowledge.  If you have already reasoned wolfchild's role and/or alignment from previous posts or from your own role, please give us an explanation.  The only way I can think of that you would have that kind of info is if you were scum.

Weird Beard, you've done nothing but drop votes on townies. That is incredibly scummy in and of itself, but combined with the fact that you simply lurk 90% of the game, without doing any scumhunting makes me think that you are scum, and are perhaps in cahoots with LonewolfI
You yourself have done nothing but drop votes on townies without doing any scumhunting...

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2010, 12:20:13 am »

In this case it's not that you jumped on a bandwagon, it's that you stuck with one despite not having reasonable justification for your vote in the first place.  Technically not bandwagoning, yes, but very much related and also pretty scummy.

Day 1 I started the bandwagon with the only reasonable argument that day, since it was just random voting before that point.

You sure you're not getting this game confused with one of my other ones?  And where have I been consistently voting townies?  Lynching USEC D1 was near random, and I haven't voted any town since...

You're cornered, and you can't find anything on me, so you're making stuff up.  Good show, scum.

Yeah, Toaster wasn't a town or anything. That was sarcasm. Because he was. And you voted for him. But if you want to claim I am making stuff up, then you should actually make sure I am.

A town result on wolfchild is not common knowledge.  If you have already reasoned wolfchild's role and/or alignment from previous posts or from your own role, please give us an explanation.  The only way I can think of that you would have that kind of info is if you were scum.

While criptfiend never explicitly said he was town, wolf child himself claimed he was town and that he wanted to quit. I assumed that since he was quitting, he had no reason to lie. Call me scum all you want, but it's a completey fair call to make on my part.

You yourself have done nothing but drop votes on townies without doing any scumhunting...

What is your definition of scumhunting? Because mine is "Hunting for scum" which I have been actively doing. Just because I don't change my vote after I think someone is scum doesn't mean that I am not hunting for them. Not to mention, I was scumhunting throughout the first two days, unlike weird beard who dropped one vote post then faded into the crowd. The fact you're defending him just makes it more viable that you two are the scum and that you are working together. Until I hear word from him, though, I can't say for certain.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17