Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 12: Game over. Mafia win.  (Read 20873 times)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Warning, side effects.
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »

Unvote. Allright TACO Dan, you're new like me so I'll give you a break, but I'm still watching you.
Ottofar, you randomly voted for bandages after USEC had already voted for him, plus both you and USEC have been fairly lurky. Seems to me that either you're both scum or you're trying to start a bandwagon on bandages. I vote ottofar but I'm watching you as well USEC_Officer.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

Wolfchild, complimenting someone in any way, for any reason, in any situation is a scumtell called "buddying".  Scum do it to get townies on their side and effectively garner an extra vote for the scumteam to use.  I know it's a fairly jarring shift in socializing, and it makes everyone on the board seem like jerks during games, but you'll get used to it.

but i was just saying he made a good point, arrghh, how am i supposed to justify my vote then
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

With your own evidence and questions.  If you think he's going down the right track in his scumhunting, just let him go.  You don't need to get involved unless you want to push the investigation in a different direction.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »

Is Eduren still here? I have heard a rumor he has gone-a-missing.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2010, 09:53:52 pm »

He's requested a replacement in Monks and Masons, so I'd say you heard right.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »

Bandages, do you think people still view you as an easy lynch target?

I'm not certain. I know my last game was played poorly. Because it was my first, I'm sure people would give me a mulligan on it.

USEC_OFFICER, it seems suspicious that during the RVS, you'd be so unwilling to change your vote from someone who has a slight lead over others. Why do you feel like leaving me with two votes when some others have none towards them?

Ottofar, the same question for you.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if I was the only one voting for you. Since you can't accept the fact that you could be lynched, and are trying your hardest to prevent it, strikes me as kinda scummy. I'll also point out that fact that toaster has been on several other mafia games. And, since him and me were tied with you to be lynched, I could say that you are picking on me because of my lesser experience. (However you could just be aggressive.)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2010, 10:20:19 pm »

Quote from: USEC_OFFICER link=topic=59066.msg1366560#msg1366560 date=1277954183
Frankly, I couldn't care less if I was the only one voting for you. [b
Since you can't accept the fact that you could be lynched, and are trying your hardest to prevent it[/b], strikes me as kinda scummy. I'll also point out that fact that toaster has been on several other mafia games. And, since him and me were tied with you to be lynched, I could say that you are picking on me because of my lesser experience. (However you could just be aggressive.)

This strikes you as scummy?  This is self-preservation...

Are you so desperate for scumtells that you need to start making them up, scum?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: May need new town IC.
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »

EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post)
Frankly, I couldn't care less if I was the only one voting for you. Since you can't accept the fact that you could be lynched, and are trying your hardest to prevent it, strikes me as kinda scummy. I'll also point out that fact that toaster has been on several other mafia games. And, since him and me were tied with you to be lynched, I could say that you are picking on me because of my lesser experience. (However you could just be aggressive.)

Fixed the wonky quote.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:56 pm »

Well I feel "You don't want to lose" is a pretty flimsy argument seeing as no player in the game would want to be lynched, scum or not. The reason I chose you over toaster is because toaster is a lot less lurk-y and because he has been actively scumhunting (or if he is scum, actively pretending to scumhunt), where as you just kinda dropped a vote on me and sat there with it on, and faded back into lurking.

and I'm trying to be aggressive ;) Scum hunting is a bloodsport.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:18 am »

Yaknow what? Unvote

UESC_Officer what have you got against self-preservation, hmm? Trying to pin the scum on someone else, maybe? Making up scumtells is classic scum behavior.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:44 am »

Replacement needed, due to network problems.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2010, 06:20:56 am »

Yaknow what? Unvote

UESC_Officer what have you got against self-preservation, hmm? Trying to pin the scum on someone else, maybe? Making up scumtells is classic scum behavior.

Aaaaand Taco Dan - You voted USEC_OFFICER and the only reasons you gave are a rehash of my arguments.  Not only a more subtle form of buddying, but also a fairly blatant act of bandwagoning.  Explain yourself.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Needs a replacements!
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2010, 10:52:26 am »

Otto is dead. All hail Diablous.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: May need a new IC!
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2010, 10:53:52 am »

Diablous is replacing Otto is what I am saying.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: May need a new IC!
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2010, 10:55:08 am »

Greetings everyone! Allow me to take the time to read through the thread.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17