Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 12: Game over. Mafia win.  (Read 20836 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Day two. Breathing troubles?
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »

ok toaster what you said about dont want to appear bandwagoning, ive been told time and again its bad, and this is my 1st game so im cautious, i had no real reasons of my own as to why taco should be voted because i have been swayed by other peoples arguements, and if i was scum and he was, why would i vote him at all?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »

You blew your chance at not appearing to bandwagon when you voted him.  If you have sound arguments to back up your vote, it's fine.  A "me too" vote does not help your case.  "I had no reasons of my own" really doesn't help your case.  If you really think he's scum, read over his old posts and look for more reasons.

Second question- it's called bussing, as in "to throw under the bus."  It's where scum A is clearly lynch bait, so scum B votes him to look more townie.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »

well then vote me if you must, im new to the game and have made bad decisions already, maby itl help the town if you destroy me anyway, and i am realy not good at making my own decisions, perhaps i should just not play mafia, but off that topic, i think perhaps Bandages Has been acting scummy, but then all the newbs have, we dont know better
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2010, 11:14:06 pm »

well then vote me if you must, im new to the game and have made bad decisions already, maby itl help the town if you destroy me anyway, and i am realy not good at making my own decisions, perhaps i should just not play mafia, but off that topic, i think perhaps Bandages Has been acting scummy, but then all the newbs have, we dont know better

Would you like to tell me how exactly I've been acting scummy?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2010, 12:53:52 am »

@Toaster: Even if you're scum, you're being very helpful to the town. Good job!

Please continue playing, but if you decide to quit, at least tell us ASAP so we can arrange a replacement for you, and the game can continue. It's nice to the rest of the players.

If you're faking giving up, don't. The problem with "giving up" is that it then forces the town to lynch you. Either you're a bad, bad townie that the town is better off without, or you're scum trying to do a gambit. Either way, you're the obvious lynch target. And once there's a lynch target for the day, it's difficult (but not impossible) to get more scumhunting done. If you're feeling discouraged that people suspect you, don't be. It's the point of the game. If you get discouraged whenever things aren't going 100% your way, you're not going to be having fun playing mafia. Even the best of us get massive amounts of suspiscion for no reason. Shit happens, don't worry about it too much. It's a game. Besides, if you're town, just calmly explain why you think Bandages is scum. Don't worry too much about appearing scummy. I mean, don't post if your reasoning is bullshit, but don't fret about appearing town-like. Your towniness will show through in the end, and if it doesn't, well, at least you learned something and had fun. And if you're scum, look for townies doing things more scummy than you! Get the moronic townies to vote for the poor bastard!

Yeah, yeah, I'm supposed to be helping the town, blah blah blah. I don't care.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2010, 02:07:31 am »

@Toaster: Even if you're scum, you're being very helpful to the town. Good job!

Please continue playing, but if you decide to quit, at least tell us ASAP so we can arrange a replacement for you, and the game can continue. It's nice to the rest of the players.

If you're faking giving up, don't. The problem with "giving up" is that it then forces the town to lynch you. Either you're a bad, bad townie that the town is better off without, or you're scum trying to do a gambit. Either way, you're the obvious lynch target. And once there's a lynch target for the day, it's difficult (but not impossible) to get more scumhunting done. If you're feeling discouraged that people suspect you, don't be. It's the point of the game. If you get discouraged whenever things aren't going 100% your way, you're not going to be having fun playing mafia. Even the best of us get massive amounts of suspiscion for no reason. Shit happens, don't worry about it too much. It's a game. Besides, if you're town, just calmly explain why you think Bandages is scum. Don't worry too much about appearing scummy. I mean, don't post if your reasoning is bullshit, but don't fret about appearing town-like. Your towniness will show through in the end, and if it doesn't, well, at least you learned something and had fun. And if you're scum, look for townies doing things more scummy than you! Get the moronic townies to vote for the poor bastard!

Yeah, yeah, I'm supposed to be helping the town, blah blah blah. I don't care.

im getting discouraqged because every move i make seems to be the wrong one, but im not quitting, just saying hat im obviously not up to the level that these guys are, even the other newbs

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2010, 02:11:47 am »

I think you're worrying too much about how other people see you, which is in fact scummy. You should be focusing more on catching scum (or pretending to catch scum).

Here's a hint: If you're thinking about not doing something because you're worried other people will think you're scummy for doing so, do it.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2010, 02:17:20 am »

I think you're worrying too much about how other people see you, which is in fact scummy. You should be focusing more on catching scum (or pretending to catch scum).

Here's a hint: If you're thinking about not doing something because you're worried other people will think you're scummy for doing so, do it.

well then, i still dont have any solid proof but taco dan just hits me as scum
so unvote, taco dan

P.S. damn american way of spelling colour

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2010, 03:59:34 am »

well then, i still dont have any solid proof but taco dan just hits me as scum
so unvote, taco dan

P.S. damn american way of spelling colour

Well then, I, Mr. Person the Grey (or is it Gray? Damn British spellings), have completed my task of helping you along.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:39 am »

ps maby u shoulda done damn Ausi spellings, cause thats were i am, we have less differences between UK english and Australian english than both have between US english but they exist....Somewhere

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2010, 04:25:40 am »

I'd like to keep the thread at least vaguely on-topic.

(I only say that because if I talk, I'll sound like a moron by talking out my ass. But hey, we should be keeping the thread on-topic anyways, so why not use that fact to my advantage.)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2010, 08:54:27 am »

And wolfchild's back on the bandwagon once again.

wolfchild, why would you cast a third vote so soon in the day when the person you voted for has done nothing different from other members of the group that voted for USEC? It seems odd that you would be so quick to draw attention to yourself and taco dan.

No vote.  Not even a FoS. (Finger of Suspicion. That's when the name is blue.  Means you think they're scum but already have your vote on some other scum.)

Then wolfchild practically OMGUS's him.  Looks like an attempt to put distance between them.  Bandages may be getting ready to bus him, without trying to look obvious about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2010, 09:50:43 am »

Unvote.

Congrats, wolfchild, you're now well scummier than Taco Dan.  When called on backing off your vote, you jump right back on it, still without original reasoning.

(Mr. Person covered it pretty well, but to sum it up again- if you act without explaining why you act, it tends to look scummier than if you tell everyone why you're doing that.  Remember, the town gains nothing from withholding reasoning of your actions.  The scum team is the informed team- the more information the town has, the better we are at catching the scum.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2010, 10:41:20 am »

Nice job Mr. P.

I would like to add that I turn my worrying about other people into rage that I than attack the people I think are scum with.

Did I forget a day end time? Damn I think I did. The Day will end at midnight UTC time on Wednesday/Thursday. So around 67 hours I think.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

im not changing my vite now, even if you guys move, i KNOW(read i will look like a fool most likely) that taco is scum so vote me if you must, and when is revealed im town you will go and vote taco
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17