Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 12: Game over. Mafia win.  (Read 20868 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Day two. Breathing troubles?
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2010, 02:31:29 pm »

I promise.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2010, 02:59:01 pm »

wolfchild - reading back, it seems like you know a lot more than a typical newbie would, or at least have been reading the wiki.  I think your buddying earlier wasn't an accident.  Your vote on USEC was just a call to stop lurking, too.  No attack.  That's a count of bandwagoning as well.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

Taco Dan - I've been looking back over your earlier posts and I saw you were caught by wolfchild early on with a scumtell and then pleaded to not knowing as your excuse, and then continued to play that card until the end of day 1. Even I, who effed up completely last game, have learned the basics of what is scummy and not from just one game and looking at a few others. I think maybe you might know a bit more than you let on, and the whole "I am new and what is this" is an act.

Unrelated: Just what exactly does the town IC do? Two games I've been in and I haven't seen a single helpful post from either.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2010, 03:07:31 pm »

They're supposed to help out if town is struggling.  The reason you haven't seen them be active is because they think we're doing well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2010, 03:21:59 pm »

They should also be defining terms and pointing out mistakes.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2010, 04:24:29 pm »

I'm not supposed to actively push anybody.

Don't let anybody go until you think you know their alignment. If your attacks aren't working, come from another direction. Letting attacks go too early is a mistake that experience players make. I'm worried some of you are letting others go because they're newbies. Don't do that.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »

I'm not supposed to actively push anybody.

Don't let anybody go until you think you know their alignment. If your attacks aren't working, come from another direction. Letting attacks go too early is a mistake that experience players make. I'm worried some of you are letting others go because they're newbies. Don't do that.

hey hey, read my newest attack attempt : o

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »

And that is why I don't IC.

Or rather why I will not IC in the future if I get a chance.

Hard to know what to do. Maybe some day though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »

hey hey, read my newest attack attempt : o

I wasn't saying anything to anybody in particular there.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

weird beard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »

I suspect taco dan. He bandwaggoned on to a townie kill just as scum would to try to divert attention from themselves. He's been accused of buddying AND Diablous pointed the finger at him as scum just before he died. Seems a bit shifty to me.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2010, 06:44:07 pm »

Hmm taco dan you have been a sly one, changing you're vote like that, and hopping on with the bandwagon(i admit i started) on USEC,

wolfchild - reading back, it seems like you know a lot more than a typical newbie would, or at least have been reading the wiki.  I think your buddying earlier wasn't an accident.  Your vote on USEC was just a call to stop lurking, too.  No attack.  That's a count of bandwagoning as well.

I read through the supernatural mafia before signing up to play this one, before then the closest i have come is a game of "murder in the dark" but that was years ago, im also not good at interpersonal things at all, it shows yes?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2010, 06:55:49 pm »

Bandages and wolfchild are being way too eager to start a bandwagon on Taco Dan.  Neither of you had an argument when you first voted USEC, either.

Hmm taco dan you have been a sly one, changing you're vote like that, and hopping on with the bandwagon(i admit i started) on USEC,

Bandwagons are never a good thing.  Out of your own mouth you condemn yourself!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2010, 06:59:32 pm »

Bandages and wolfchild are being way too eager to start a bandwagon on Taco Dan.  Neither of you had an argument when you first voted USEC, either.

Hey, I don't want to be held accountable for other people voting the same way I do. Also, I feel like I had a fairly solid (or at least the only viable) argument against USEC when he refused to change his vote no matter how suspicous it looked.

wolfchild, why would you cast a third vote so soon in the day when the person you voted for has done nothing different from other members of the group that voted for USEC? It seems odd that you would be so quick to draw attention to yourself and taco dan.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2010, 07:01:20 pm »

theres a third vote? unvote i know you wont believe me but i didnt count em, i just knew i wanted to voet him afer usec, now i dont no who to vote
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »

I believe I have cracked this case, gentlemen!

First up, I believe I mentioned Taco Dan.  See my post here for why.  I'm eagerly anticipating his reply to this, as he never did yesterday.

Scum number 2?  Wolfchild.  Today he starts off his vote on TD, then... backs off it when called on a bandwagon?  You wanted to vote him but you don't want to appear like a bandwagon?  Scum, scum, scum.  Townies don't apologize for their actions (like you did on the USEC vote).  You're acting like you don't want to appear scummy, but in doing so, you flood the room with scummitude.  I damn near want to take you out first over TD.

And that's just today!  Look at yesterday- first thing that happens is an interplay between TD and WC.  That's a nice attempt at distancing, but it's too blunt, and now painfully obvious.  Once they go back and forth a bit, they unvote and go their merry way onto other people.

Go ahead- try and refute me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17