Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 12: Game over. Mafia win.  (Read 20835 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: May need a new IC!
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:54 am »

Welcome!

Since my question to Ottofar is out of date, I'll ask you this instead: Out of the current players, who would you most want to be on your team as scum?  Who do you think would be hardest to read as scum?

(Still kinda RVSish when we're starting to move out of it, but I wanted to pick your brain.  Plus, I'm sure you will be giving us your suspicions anyway.  Right?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2010, 11:06:56 am »

Its that time again. Vote Count!

1 Diablous: Thendash
2 Toaster: weird beard, Taco Dan
4 USEC_OFFICER: Lonewolf I, Bandages, wolfchild, Taco Dan
2 Bandages: USEC_OFFICER, Diablous

0 Taco Dan:
0 Lonewolf I:
0 Thendash:
1 wolfchild: Toaster
0 weird beard:

Not voting:

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: May need new town IC.
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2010, 11:36:40 am »

Yaknow what? Unvote

UESC_Officer what have you got against self-preservation, hmm? Trying to pin the scum on someone else, maybe? Making up scumtells is classic scum behavior.

Aaaaand Taco Dan - You voted USEC_OFFICER and the only reasons you gave are a rehash of my arguments.  Not only a more subtle form of buddying, but also a fairly blatant act of bandwagoning.  Explain yourself.
So just because I had the same reasons as you, and you just happened to post those reasons first, I'm supposed to make up new reasons? I don't think so.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2010, 12:00:21 pm »

Welcome!

Since my question to Ottofar is out of date, I'll ask you this instead: Out of the current players, who would you most want to be on your team as scum?  Who do you think would be hardest to read as scum?

(Still kinda RVSish when we're starting to move out of it, but I wanted to pick your brain.  Plus, I'm sure you will be giving us your suspicions anyway.  Right?)

Of course I'll give my suspicions. But first, your question. I would want either you or Lonewolf on my team as scum. You guys strike me as the more skilled players here. I would want the more skilled players to be either on my side or dead.

Now, for my suspicions. Hmm, I would say my top suspicions are USEC_OFFICER and Taco Dan.

USEC: Never changed his random vote at the start. Then lots of active lurking, never contributing much. When he finally gives "justification" to his vote, he said that Bandages was trying his hardest to prevent him getting lynched. I don't find someone trying not to die very scummy on it's own. Also, Bandages actions seems like someone calling out another player for leaving a reasonless random vote on him all game. USEC's response that he is trying to keep himself(Bandages) from getting lynched seems like him making shit up to justify his vote.

Taco: Does not seem to care about where his vote lies. Since their vote is the only weapon a townie has against the scum, a townie should care a lot more about where their vote goes. It would make sense for the scum to not care about their vote since they have the night kill. He also just resaid what Lonewolf has stated about USEC, and voted for USEC after Lonewolf. Not exactly the most subtle way to bandwagon. All in all, though, I consider USEC to be way more scummy than Taco.

pre post edit:
Yaknow what? Unvote

UESC_Officer what have you got against self-preservation, hmm? Trying to pin the scum on someone else, maybe? Making up scumtells is classic scum behavior.

Aaaaand Taco Dan - You voted USEC_OFFICER and the only reasons you gave are a rehash of my arguments.  Not only a more subtle form of buddying, but also a fairly blatant act of bandwagoning.  Explain yourself.
So just because I had the same reasons as you, and you just happened to post those reasons first, I'm supposed to make up new reasons? I don't think so.

Just restating what another says is buddying and bandwagoning, and is scummy. Expanding on it, putting in your opinions and thoughts is not scummy.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2010, 12:21:00 pm »

Can we get this over with and lynch me? Yes, there is eight hours left, but I'm clearly going to die.

Whatever saying there is to get me lynched faster. (Can't remember it.)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »

Shorten, is what I think you are asking for.
To be partly feline,

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2010, 12:43:24 pm »

I'm not going to comment (or vote either way) on a shorten at this point.

I do want this out before we see a day end, though:

UnvoteVote Taco Dan.

I just did a thread reread, and you're really standing out to me.  First, you vote me for basically no reason, without bothering to put a question with it. 

Hmm, you have been a pirate before, you downgraded to mafia now TACO DAN?
wolfchild, is that your only reason? Or can you back it up?

You're awfully jumpy here.  That was just a random vote, and you take it like a real vote.

Taco Dan:  If you were scum and someone got your scumbuddy lynched, would you kill them in the night that night?
Probably, but I'm not, so I won't.

I didn't ask you if you were scum, yet you're quick to tell me you aren't.

Clear bandwagon.  You're the fourth vote on him with no original reasoning.

It's pretty apparent you won't be going today, but rest assured I'll be coming after you tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2010, 12:47:24 pm »

Shorten.  Every Townie must do his duty. (And get lynched.)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

Unvote. I'm not too sure how to react to a replacement but if ottofar was having legitimate internet problems then there goes most of my suspicions. My next suspicion is USEC_Officer for reasons I already stated in my last post, so I will shorten and finish this scum.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2010, 07:11:03 pm »

I would like to request a shorten as well.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2010, 07:30:19 pm »

Meh, i have made my decision as well Shorten
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2010, 07:55:18 pm »

Shortens heard the day is ending.

0 Diablous:
2 Toaster: weird beard, Taco Dan
5 USEC_OFFICER: Lonewolf I, Bandages, wolfchild, Taco Dan, Diablous
1 Bandages: USEC_OFFICER,
0 Taco Dan: Toaster
0 Lonewolf I:
0 Thendash:
0 wolfchild:
0 weird beard:

Not voting: Thendash

You all gather around USEC_OFFICER... it must be done... you must kill today...

Bang...

You stand around his body as if waiting for something to happen... nothing does...
You check his wallet to see if there is anything... you notice that he has no money... only overdue bills for a credit card...
Obviously no one was paying this Towny off.

It is now night, you are not allowed to post at night, night will end on Monday in 96 (I think) hours.

Anyone who has a night action should now Pm me.

Night can end faster if the Pms come in faster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Ohnowekilledatowny.
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2010, 02:23:29 pm »

You all wake up and make your way to the station... all but one of you that is Diablous is missing! You all run to his home to find out where he is and a gruesome sight greets you. Diablous is siting in his chair face swelled and discolored with a great red mark around his neck. He must have been strangled last night! Obviously this was the work of the mafia you are trying to catch, a warring perhaps of what will happen to all of you if you do not catch them.

Vote count:

0 Toaster:
0 Bandages:
0 Taco Dan:
0 Lonewolf I:
0 Thendash:
0 wolfchild:
0 weird beard:

Not voting: Thendash, Toaster, Bandages, Taco Dan, Lonewolf I, wolfchild, weird beard

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Day two. Breathing troubles?
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2010, 02:25:30 pm »

Me? Chosen for the kill? Bah! Spoiled Spectate plz. Good luck, town!
To be partly feline,

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 12: Day two. Breathing troubles?
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2010, 02:28:42 pm »

Don't tell no one.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17