Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373743 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1215 on: September 05, 2011, 03:55:51 pm »

is there a option to select both?
Because I like having a universal runesmith but also want those who want the dfhack console connection to not feel alienated.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 05, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »

is there a option to select both?
Because I like having a universal runesmith but also want those who want the dfhack console connection to not feel alienated.

Added it, though I'm not sure what the console version would look like. Nor do I have any idea on time frames :)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 12, 2011, 12:37:42 pm »

Sorta went with no, but I wouldn't be opposed to the both option.

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:59 pm »

Is there a particular reason turning on moods is not recommended? I don't really feel like scanning through all 82 pages to figure it out. That feature is the one I'm interested in above all. I need some artifacts. :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 24, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »

Is there a particular reason turning on moods is not recommended? I don't really feel like scanning through all 82 pages to figure it out. That feature is the one I'm interested in above all. I need some artifacts. :)

Dwarfs can get stuck in various ways that lead to !fun!. You'll be unlucky if they only starve to death.

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 25, 2011, 12:43:58 am »

Dwarfs can get stuck in various ways that lead to !fun!. You'll be unlucky if they only starve to death.
So is there a single reliable way, utility or otherwise, to force moods?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1221 on: September 25, 2011, 07:10:10 am »

So is there a single reliable way, utility or otherwise, to force moods?
No. It needs a lot of research.

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 01, 2011, 02:44:08 pm »

Is there any way to change a dwarf's appearance or likes/dislikes in Runesmith? So far, I greatly appreciate this tool as it allows me to custom create my dwarfs :)

Thanks!
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 01, 2011, 09:47:22 pm »

sorry you can't do that in runesmith.
"body swapping and YOU!"

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 06, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »

The traits editing can be a bit buggy.  Still, quite impressive that it works at all.
I'd be happy to try and fix it... if source code were available.

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 08, 2011, 02:20:42 am »

Is there any way with this to turn invading/merchant elves and humans into members of the fortress, so that they can do labours, marry and reproduce with other elves/humans, so I could create a multiracial fort?

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 09, 2011, 01:26:13 am »

Bumpity bump bump.

I would love an answer to the above as my efforts on a human diplomat (stripping him of diplomat flags then adding tame) ended up in him getting slaughtered by one of the axe-dwarfs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 09, 2011, 02:37:18 am »

Is there any way with this to turn invading/merchant elves and humans into members of the fortress, so that they can do labours, marry and reproduce with other elves/humans, so I could create a multiracial fort?
remove the "is resident" flag and change their civ numbers to your own.
then boot up Dfusion(old version until Warmist gets peterix to update DFhack with the latest Dfusion corrections) and run friendship if the case maybe that they don't do tasks.
getting them to noble classes is off the table unless you run friendship first before embarking.
oh and they can't cross breed on their own with out help of third party utilities and usually the result ends up to ugly to look at there a solution to the cross breeding but that digressing from the point.
"body swapping and YOU!"

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 09, 2011, 06:27:38 am »

then boot up Dfusion(old version until Warmist gets peterix to update DFhack with the latest Dfusion corrections) and run friendship if the case maybe that they don't do tasks.
getting them to noble classes is off the table unless you run friendship first before embarking.
oh and they can't cross breed on their own with out help of third party utilities and usually the result ends up to ugly to look at there a solution to the cross breeding but that digressing from the point.

Thanks for the reply i'll give it a crack when I have a chance. Just to clarify it isn't possible to create halfbreeds (for example human mother dwarf father) but will humans still reproduce with other humans?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 09, 2011, 07:31:59 am »

Thanks for helping out with questions rumrusher
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106