Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373544 times)

Krones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1125 on: April 01, 2011, 11:37:00 am »

Thats awesome guys, thanks for the help. I was simple, just got stuck in versions and what not.

Thanks for the help!
The more birthdays you have, the longer you live.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 01, 2011, 11:51:04 am »

I am confused somewhat, can you use this for 31.25? People seem to be giving different information.

I realize it takes time to find offsets and to update. That's not a problem; I just wanted to be clear.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:57:04 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 01, 2011, 03:06:20 pm »

Yes just start a few posts back....

Runesmith is not yet updated, but it uses a file from dfhack anyway that IS updated. :)

So you can use the Runesmith version found on the first page of this thread if you grab the updated xml file that was posted on a few posts up. It will work with DF version 0.31.25 which is the latest version.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:18 pm »

I appreciate this tool. With it, I can bite off horse phalluses and cave peoples skulls in with them more easily than ever before!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 01, 2011, 05:13:05 pm »

Yes just start a few posts back....

Runesmith is not yet updated, but it uses a file from dfhack anyway that IS updated. :)

So you can use the Runesmith version found on the first page of this thread if you grab the updated xml file that was posted on a few posts up. It will work with DF version 0.31.25 which is the latest version.

:o So it.... It could be updated but isn't and you can sorta work around it? K.

I guess I'll go looking for this "few posts up." :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Works Perfect! To clarify, look for the exact .xml file someone posted a link to, don't go grabbing a copy of DF hack and looking for the file. Remember to do the rename mentioned above.

EDIT: meh... okay doesn't work perfectly, but it will get the job done. MIght need to restart it once in a while.
Well, I wish I could test Runesmith directly. But, try this file instead: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/bbf64a1614ca8ffddca889cd60da4c3d0d25fa77/Memory.xml
I fixed the offset for the 'other' material array.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 07, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »

Just a quick question:

If changing a trait (well, aside the gender problem) - what value will that trait get? Or is just the description changed and the value for that trait stays unchanged? That ones of particular interest to me, as I always use for my embark and 1st migrant waves a modified creature_standard where all traits are set for my dorfs and those are using ranges that are not the default ones.

Edit: Ok, I mixed up attributes and traits - for the traits the modding doesn't change the ranges in question... but still I am wondering about the value ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:32:06 pm by Shandra »

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 09, 2011, 11:23:40 pm »

Works Perfect! To clarify, look for the exact .xml file someone posted a link to, don't go grabbing a copy of DF hack and looking for the file. Remember to do the rename mentioned above.

EDIT: meh... okay doesn't work perfectly, but it will get the job done. MIght need to restart it once in a while.
Well, I wish I could test Runesmith directly. But, try this file instead: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/bbf64a1614ca8ffddca889cd60da4c3d0d25fa77/Memory.xml
I fixed the offset for the 'other' material array.

I deleted all the stuff in the file then replaced it with the stuff in the link and it still doesn't work. Is it because I am running genesis?
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

Chunderminer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 10, 2011, 12:39:58 am »

Alright, I'm running DF 31.21 and I just downloaded the latest version of Runesmith (compatible with 31.21). However, I cannot seem to get Runesmith to connect to DF. The utility will load without any errors, but it does not read the dwarfs or creatures in the game so I can't make any alterations. Any suggestions?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

Alright, I'm running DF 31.21 and I just downloaded the latest version of Runesmith (compatible with 31.21). However, I cannot seem to get Runesmith to connect to DF. The utility will load without any errors, but it does not read the dwarfs or creatures in the game so I can't make any alterations. Any suggestions?

Operating system? Running either DF or Runesmith inside zip file? AntiVirus? You're not giving much info here....

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 12, 2011, 03:06:07 pm »

Feature Request: (Sensible Section)

Sometime In The Future... an update to the Shiny Nuke Button that removes the siege flags as well.

Whimsical Section:

Setting things like TRAINED_WAR, and a given entity's birthday.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

bertieb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 12, 2011, 03:13:45 pm »

Feature Request: (Sensible Section)

Sometime In The Future... an update to the Shiny Nuke Button that removes the siege flags as well.

This would be quite handy. Is there a way to do it manually currently?

Puresowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 12, 2011, 08:14:26 pm »

Operating system? Running either DF or Runesmith inside zip file? AntiVirus? You're not giving much info here....
Having the same problem, running Windows 7, neither set of files are zipped, and are in different folders on my desktop. I am using Norton, but it isn't alerting me to any "threats" so I am assuming it is not interfering.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

I would say turn off Norton, but I seem to remember that being almost impossible.

Puresowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 12, 2011, 10:14:40 pm »

It is impossible. BUT, I am certain it isn't interfering, as it always has a little popup saying it is taking an action, and it isn't doing that like it does to DFhack tools the first time I use them(I add them to the exceptions list and they work just fine afterwords.) Also 90% certain Norton would delete the file if it thought it was a virus.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106