Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373290 times)

Tjalling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #900 on: December 26, 2010, 10:35:08 pm »

That's okay. By the looks of it you've made plenty people happy with previous versions.
However, that does leave me with a forgotten beast that I wanted to genocide. Losing is not fun, you know.
It'd help me so much if you would know another method =)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 27, 2010, 04:46:20 am »

That's okay. By the looks of it you've made plenty people happy with previous versions.
However, that does leave me with a forgotten beast that I wanted to genocide. Losing is not fun, you know.
if you are needing for a hit, then grab Dfusion go into the ADV_tools plugin LUA(using Notepad) find the toggle Ghostliness code and change the number from 76 to either 26(tame) for if the beast didn't kill any one in your civ, or 1(dead) if you want it dead. then use your pointer and hover over the creature and activate the code. if you did it correctly the Dfusion won't disappear and the creature would be either Tamed, or dead,(no bodies.)
now if you are like me, then you would try to Tame it then Change it's race to DWARF using the change race function best to save after this or the game will crash if the thing gets hurt. Which will make it possible for the beast to put good use to your civ.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:59:24 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tjalling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 27, 2010, 11:45:23 am »

if you are needing for a hit, then grab Dfusion go into the ADV_tools plugin LUA(using Notepad) find the toggle Ghostliness code and change the number from 76 to either 26(tame) for if the beast didn't kill any one in your civ, or 1(dead) if you want it dead. then use your pointer and hover over the creature and activate the code. if you did it correctly the Dfusion won't disappear and the creature would be either Tamed, or dead,(no bodies.)
now if you are like me, then you would try to Tame it then Change it's race to DWARF using the change race function best to save after this or the game will crash if the thing gets hurt. Which will make it possible for the beast to put good use to your civ.
Man, that sounds like a much better idea than what I did. I'll remember that for next time.
I ended up using DFHack's dfliquids to form an Obsidian wall around it and then filled it with magma. It ain't pretty, I know.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 27, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »

Man, that sounds like a much better idea than what I did. I'll remember that for next time.
I ended up using DFHack's dfliquids to form an Obsidian wall around it and then filled it with magma. It ain't pretty, I know.

resourceful though
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:12 am »

0.31.18 support is on the way, I hope. I could use it, about now, with my injured dwarves who never recover from their yellow wounds.
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 28, 2010, 03:59:32 pm »

0.31.18 support is on the way, I hope. I could use it, about now, with my injured dwarves who never recover from their yellow wounds.
first make sure the wounds aren't fatal... or oozing blood. is so then pause then use the turn ghost function before attempting this.
next change the race to a COLOSSUS_BRONZE, or DEMON_1
save and reload
change the Dwarf back
save and reload
The Dwarf should be fine... unless it dying from melting then his body is still over heated and should be cooled down before his fat RE-melts again.(also you should remove the ghost flag so urist won't be scaring Mittens with his astro-projection.)
This process can also be use to revive dead members, prolong torture, keep companions longer(travel can be use as a substitute for saving).
"body swapping and YOU!"

thrithwig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 31, 2010, 11:08:41 pm »

I'm sorry but some where in this post the topic might have been discussed but I'm having a hard time using Runesmith, everytime I try to open it, it says "couldn't find suitable process" DFhack works but companion also doesn't work. Please help because I really want to use this program.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 31, 2010, 11:10:36 pm »

What version of DF?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 31, 2010, 11:24:57 pm »

Yeah, we're not compatible with anything above .16 atm since DFHack is still missing offsets
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

thrithwig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2011, 02:21:43 am »

yeah I'm using the latest version, never  thought that was the problem. Thanks

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:18 am »

first make sure the wounds aren't fatal... or oozing blood. is so then pause then use the turn ghost function before attempting this.
save and reload
change the Dwarf back
save and reload
The Dwarf should be fine... unless it dying from melting then his body is still over heated and should be cooled down before his fat RE-melts again.(also you should remove the ghost flag so urist won't be scaring Mittens with his astro-projection.)
This process can also be use to revive dead members, prolong torture, keep companions longer(travel can be use as a substitute for saving).

Huh. Don't think any of that is possible. Especially not with the Raws alone, anyways. Runesmith doesn't work with the current version, to my knowledge, hence why I mentioned hoping for an update.
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 01, 2011, 10:17:44 am »

save and reload
change the Dwarf back
save and reload

Huh. Don't think any of that is possible. Especially not with the Raws alone, anyways. Runesmith doesn't work with the current version, to my knowledge, hence why I mentioned hoping for an update.
whoops I forgot to re-mention Dfusion in that sorry to have confuse you and leaving you with dead dwarfs.
"body swapping and YOU!"

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 01, 2011, 05:19:15 pm »

You can heal dwarves using the raws alone. However, make sure that your dwarves aren't fighting anything at the time, because they'll probably die.
First, you look at the wounds of the dwarf you want to heal. Write down a note on a piece of paper, or remember what they are, then save and quit DF.
Open the raws for that world gen, and go to the dwarf entry in creature_standard.txt, and remove the wounded body parts from it.
Next, load up the world again, unpause, then pause after 3 to 5 seconds, then save and quit.
Go back to the raws, and replace the body part.
Load DF, and the dwarf should be healed.

This may take a while for each individual dwarf, and I don't think doing that many at a time is such a good idea.
Also, this may not work in DF2010, but I know it worked in 40d, so make sure to back up the save. Just a heads up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:20:48 pm by NewsMuffin »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 02, 2011, 08:37:53 am »

If this comes out right before .19 I will RAEG!
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bharani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 02, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »

save and reload
change the Dwarf back
save and reload

Hm. Not sure I'm doing this right.
I'm trying to heal a dwarf with a yellow lower leg who is being ignored by the others and is starving to death.
Using DFusion while in fort mode. Do I use adv_tools? If so, this is what I get when I try to change adventurer, I get this (it IS fort mode):
plugins/patterns.lua:33: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'num' (a nil value)
If I use change race, it asks me to enter a race in all caps, and then gives me the above error message no matter what I enter.
Any way to heal a dwarf? The Raws method suggested a few posts ago doesn't work either.

Edit: I've also done dfusion -r to update the offsets.txt.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:08:32 pm by Bharani »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106