Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373387 times)

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #840 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »

ohh yeah about that... they will come back wrong, when creatures die they tend to separate from their bodies in this version. so removing the dead killed flags will leave a 'ghost' of the person so until a heal function pops in dead people just stay dead.

Erm... I'm not sure I understand. Does this matter with demons?
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 24, 2010, 09:36:12 pm »

He means if you revive a "dead" thing, you won't get it back properly (because it no longer has a body.) Therefore, don't revive your demons by removing the "dead" flag. Reopening the walls will still work.

daego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 24, 2010, 09:54:28 pm »

Is there a way to clear the [SIEGE] tag after using the extermination feature? It seems if you kill off a siege that way, the [SIEGE] tag remains and blocks caravans.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2010, 11:07:16 pm »

Is there any plan to include changing health of a specific creature? Like, heal a dwarf's missing foot cause the doctors won't give him a crutch.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 25, 2010, 01:31:36 am »

Would it be possible (pretty please) to edit the name of the topic to the current version when you've updated, sizeak? It's just a lot better than seeing this in my new replies inbox and getting my hopes up when it's, in fact, not an update...

Not that I don't enjoy reading your posts, everyone else.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 25, 2010, 08:02:09 am »

He means if you revive a "dead" thing, you won't get it back properly (because it no longer has a body.) Therefore, don't revive your demons by removing the "dead" flag. Reopening the walls will still work.

What I did was to kill all demons using the genocide option. I checked and they indeed disappeared from the map.
Then I tried to revive them by removing the "dead" tag. I checked and they were on the map again.
There isn't any problem with this, right? If I understand correctly, you're saying I can't revive thing that have been killed in game, but reviving things that have been cheated away is ok.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 25, 2010, 09:26:16 am »

What I did was to kill all demons using the genocide option. I checked and they indeed disappeared from the map.
Then I tried to revive them by removing the "dead" tag. I checked and they were on the map again.
There isn't any problem with this, right? If I understand correctly, you're saying I can't revive thing that have been killed in game, but reviving things that have been cheated away is ok.
I take it the genocide button slaps on the remove flag on a race which just turns them invisible. so they aren't really dead in the first place.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 25, 2010, 01:42:43 pm »

For people above me, there's so much funkiness to killing things outright with Runesmith that I just use dfhack liquids to drown or burn things.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 25, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »

I've recently started using Runesmith as the only way that can "fix" FPS loss from walling off "things" - just kill them all, and you can revive them later when you tear the barricade down. So thanks for this utility. Looking forward for the next version.

Glad you like it, an update will be released as soon as all the required offsets have been found. If only toady would implement some kind of mod interface so it wasn't necessary :/
Isn't it already on DF's request list?

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 25, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »

I wonder if he's waiting until 0.31.20 to update this  :'(

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 25, 2010, 06:54:38 pm »

Sizeak is just waiting to get offsets. He's not holding out on us, and can't go anywhere with this until he gets them. Chill. Or go find some offsets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 25, 2010, 08:08:56 pm »

This is still not compatible with .18? When can I give my dwarves awsome skills to build the greatest fort ever?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Glech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 25, 2010, 10:10:46 pm »

This is great!
This looks so much more appealing than the white letters on dark background.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 26, 2010, 01:10:03 am »

My god, how many times do you have to be told? He doesn't find the offsets himself, he uses the ones from DF Hack, and as far as I know they haven't been found yet. Even if they have been found, just because they're available doesn't mean sizeak will update it ASAP - he has a life outside Runesmith.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 26, 2010, 01:42:59 am »

My god, how many times do you have to be told? He doesn't find the offsets himself, he uses the ones from DF Hack, and as far as I know they haven't been found yet. Even if they have been found, just because they're available doesn't mean sizeak will update it ASAP - he has a life outside Runesmith.

how many times do you need to be told?

Same thing for you, WHAT IF IT TAKES 'TILL 0.31.20 TO GET TEH OFFSETS!  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106