Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373667 times)

anotherthing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #645 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:52 pm »

I know this, defeating a later siege doesn't work. I had an early siege I wasn't prepared to deal with so I tested out the handy Genocide Button on it. Since then, I've defeated about 5 ambushes and 2 sieges. I'm still flagged as Siege. I'm contemplating going as long as possible with this fortress, locking everything away in locked rooms and abandoning.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2010, 07:25:41 pm »

Some people have had luck with killing all but one with runesmith, and then making the last one a coward so it runs away.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

would teleporting everything into lava cause the perpetual siege mode as well? cause i dont want to screw up another fortress, by killing stuff using runesmith if possible.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #648 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:23 pm »

would teleporting everything into lava cause the perpetual siege mode as well? cause i dont want to screw up another fortress, by killing stuff using runesmith if possible.

If you don't want to deal with invasions, why don't you just turn them off in the init?  You can turn them back on later if you want them back...

(Don't get me wrong, that particular ability of Runesmith amuses me greatly, just curious)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:33 pm »

# Linux: to follow
Huh? Didn't understand this. Is there any linux version of runesmith available?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 01, 2010, 10:29:58 pm »

If you don't want to deal with invasions, why don't you just turn them off in the init?  You can turn them back on later if you want them back...

(Don't get me wrong, that particular ability of Runesmith amuses me greatly, just curious)

its not that i dont want invasions its just that i want to be able to kill the goblins the way i want to , and killing the building destroyer ones outright with runesmith or teleporting them into lava  is usually a lot easier than trying to design a complicated trap that only works when there are no building destroyer tagged monsters around.

so yea, before i try the teleport into lava way, does anyone know if tinkering with anything on an invader will cause the perpetual siege mode?

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2010, 10:42:29 pm »

If you only want to kill individuals, and want to do it in a Dwarfy way, why not spawn pools of Magma under the feet if the offenders with DFhack?
Diggy diggy hole.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 01, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »

If you only want to kill individuals, and want to do it in a Dwarfy way, why not spawn pools of Magma under the feet if the offenders with DFhack?

because doing this tend to create pathing issues... the last time i spawned magma i got permanent inaccessible spots that the dwarves cant build on or path through.  actually spawning water with dwarf hack does this as well, so i dont do it anymore

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 02, 2010, 01:16:23 am »

because doing this tend to create pathing issues... the last time i spawned magma i got permanent inaccessible spots that the dwarves cant build on or path through.  actually spawning water with dwarf hack does this as well, so i dont do it anymore

If water causes a pathing issue.. just spawn a single layer of water and when it evaporates the pathing issue will be fixed.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 02, 2010, 01:24:59 am »

its not that i dont want invasions its just that i want to be able to kill the goblins the way i want to , and killing the building destroyer ones outright with runesmith or teleporting them into lava  is usually a lot easier than trying to design a complicated trap that only works when there are no building destroyer tagged monsters around.

so yea, before i try the teleport into lava way, does anyone know if tinkering with anything on an invader will cause the perpetual siege mode?
well from what I read if there no way a siege can run away perpetual siege mode is on. though I never play that far in dwarf fort to reach that to full around in so Idunno.
still dumping people in magma kinda the hard long and boring way when you could simply change the Civ to yours and remove the invader tags on one goblin archer then wait for them to retaliate and swap back they should go ape shit and start a loyalty crusade if you pull this off in the main gate of the fort you can pool in major carnage with out setting off a single trap or waking the guards. hopefully this should trigger the end siege code that some how bypass when you runesnuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2010, 10:14:57 am »

Hi i have a problem whit Runesmith

when i start it  i get a error
saying:this application has failed to start because the applicationn configuration is incorrest. reinstalling the application may fix the problem

i had the same error for Stonesense but afther installing VC2005 redists it when away
i hoped for the same  fix at Runesmith but no luck 
is there anything els i need to install so it will work
i have a  just fresh copy of win XP sp2  and did not instal anything els (but VC2005 redists, and the new LNP)
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 05, 2010, 06:31:50 pm »

Have you tried a fresh Memory.xml? You can get that from the Stonesense and dfHack threads.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »

I attempted to edit a mood material in 3.12 (changing one metal to another) with Runesmith 1.6 - Runesmith abended with the following error, and dwarf fortress hung, requiring termination by task manager:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Runesmith.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4c7120ae
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version:   9.0.30729.4926
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4a1743c1
  Exception Offset:   0006c955
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   d1f6
  Additional Information 2:   d1f61fbf310b7a33ae9ba670291bf6e1
  Additional Information 3:   9a98
  Additional Information 4:   9a98394bea0db2e65a1f96ff57aca02e

In case it matters - I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:58:42 pm by Troas »
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:17 am »

:S that's a new one. Well it will be a while until I can do anything, still assembling furniture.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 07, 2010, 04:47:25 am »

Damn you real life, always stealing away our Dwarf Fortress genius'.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106