Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373751 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2010, 05:03:11 am »

ok, will do it at some point
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Stungun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2010, 05:44:34 am »

I don't suppose we could find a way to erase nerve damage? As far as I know, damage to motor and sensory nerves is completely irreversible ingame, and not even removing [HAS_NERVES] from the raws will fix a dwarf who has suffered motor/sensory nerve damage. This has led to several permanent invalids. I have no way of getting them back in action, neither through legit, hack, or RAW editing means.

This is especially devistating to me, because through my RAW editing I have wound up with a race that has a global population of exactly 14 -- and one of them is now dead, with no more immigrants EVER arriving. So the only way I can populate fortress is by having my only married woman popping out babies (she has five sons and a daughter so far!) This lack of population combined with my average FPS of 5 means my fortress runs at a snail's pace, even with hacked speed. If I could just have those three back in action, I would be extremely happy.

I've even tried first removing [HAS_NERVES] and then unchecking "Nerves Calculated" in Runesmith, and not even that helped them -- it seems that [HAS_NERVES] only controls whether the unit's nerves can be damaged in battle.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:55:26 am by Stungun »

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2010, 03:00:28 pm »

i think it would be cool if we could use runesmith to heal wounded dwarves cause right now if i remove the killed and dead tags my dwarves just instantly bleed to death.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2010, 03:07:51 pm »

New wound system hasn't been figured out yet. On a side note, I frigging hate caverns
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2010, 06:27:39 pm »

i think it would be cool if we could use runesmith to heal wounded dwarves cause right now if i remove the killed and dead tags my dwarves just instantly bleed to death.

This just makes me think of this.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »

This just makes me think of this.
well that and if you zombie them they would crawl around like blobs of nothing. necromancy has not been perfected yet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2010, 08:53:59 pm »

I think I'm going to add a button to set all dwarves attributes to a value as well as skills. I'm pondering having a feature to specify a race(s) to auto-kill the non-tame creatures of that race automatically on refreshing(updating)

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2010, 01:09:46 am »

I think I'm going to add a button to set all dwarves attributes to a value as well as skills. I'm pondering having a feature to specify a race(s) to auto-kill the non-tame creatures of that race automatically on refreshing(updating)

I also wish we can just click value, and it will pop up a screen to set all value's to <insert number>, and everything in the value will be set to <insert number>

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

Or the ability to make templates.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

bdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2010, 06:47:21 am »

Great tool, still I miss some DC options like thirsty/hundry/drowsy editing, mood items or new ones like posibility to edit preferences (likes, dislikes etc)

On another note:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't remember how I did that but looks funny - unfortunetly that dwarf went insane month later canceling hauling job (berserk/insane can be 'repaired' by selecting mood and deselecting it for him again... still too much work for me and I'm not sure it could happen again in future so I sent that dwarf to bathe in magma)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2010, 07:21:01 am »

Posting so I don't lose this thread again.
wow. SO much awesome possibility here.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:22 am »

oh I found out that in deons mod that if you get a demon king to hit a dusk elf he loses his nobility.
well this news makes it easier to over throw nobles this way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2010, 11:10:10 am »

One thing I would love is to be able to edit the ingredients a moody dwarf wants for his build.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »

I don't suppose we could find a way to erase nerve damage? As far as I know, damage to motor and sensory nerves is completely irreversible ingame, and not even removing [HAS_NERVES] from the raws will fix a dwarf who has suffered motor/sensory nerve damage. This has led to several permanent invalids. I have no way of getting them back in action, neither through legit, hack, or RAW editing means.

This is especially devistating to me, because through my RAW editing I have wound up with a race that has a global population of exactly 14 -- and one of them is now dead, with no more immigrants EVER arriving. So the only way I can populate fortress is by having my only married woman popping out babies (she has five sons and a daughter so far!) This lack of population combined with my average FPS of 5 means my fortress runs at a snail's pace, even with hacked speed. If I could just have those three back in action, I would be extremely happy.

I've even tried first removing [HAS_NERVES] and then unchecking "Nerves Calculated" in Runesmith, and not even that helped them -- it seems that [HAS_NERVES] only controls whether the unit's nerves can be damaged in battle.
It's [THOUGHT] that you need to remove from the relevant organs/tissues. That's the way it was in 40d anyway, ref: Morul.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2010, 05:00:39 pm »

Supporting the idea of editing number of embark dwarves.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106