Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373465 times)

TekDragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1455 on: June 30, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »

Sizeak, one of the first things you learn in consumer behavior and marketing is that for every one customer is who is willing to come forward and say something, there's hundreds who feel the same thing but don't bother.

So, speaking for those hundreds, I'd like to thank you for coming back and taking a look at your project. Runesmith is a huge part of what makes DF fun for me. I know it's a big project and I appreciate the hard work you've put in it in the past, and I hope you find the time and energy in your busy life to keep the project updated for years to come.

Please consider grabbing a PayPal account. I'd gladly contribute what I can as a thank you for your hard work.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 01, 2012, 07:30:02 am »

Please consider grabbing a PayPal account. I'd gladly contribute what I can as a thank you for your hard work.

I couldnt agree more, I would send money if I wasnt a poor as fuck student who needs his money to scrape by.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:48 am »

I couldnt agree more, I would send money if I wasnt a poor as fuck student who needs his money to scrape by.

I know that feeling! Well I have PayPal, the reason I don't currently accept donations is because then I would have an obligation to support RS properly, with regular updates and documentation and maybe even testing lol. It's a mixture of not being able to guarantee that I could meet the increased obligation and not wanting the extra responsibility. I'll consider it if I make good progress etc. on the updates.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »

I know that feeling! Well I have PayPal, the reason I don't currently accept donations is because then I would have an obligation to support RS properly, with regular updates and documentation and maybe even testing lol. It's a mixture of not being able to guarantee that I could meet the increased obligation and not wanting the extra responsibility. I'll consider it if I make good progress etc. on the updates.

How about this then: Anyone that wants to donate to you should donate to Toady in your name and you dictate art or story?

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 02, 2012, 12:55:06 am »

How about this then: Anyone that wants to donate to you should donate to Toady in your name and you dictate art or story?

I like that idea.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 02, 2012, 12:23:17 pm »

Yeah, by all means donate to Toady instead, try and use it as leverage to improve the interface lol
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 03, 2012, 11:12:39 am »

I would just like to say that I easily have the most fun playing Adventure mode with Runesmith. I was so sad when it wasn't updated for the new version. I eagerly await the next update!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 04, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »

Oh, you're back! Yay!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 05, 2012, 08:28:15 am »

This is probably going to seem stupid, but how do I install Runesmith? I can't find any kind of instructions anywhere  :'(
Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 05, 2012, 08:52:42 am »

It is only 31.25 and won't work with any other version. Also you don't install it - just run exe and it will find DF.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »

I think to fix the GUI (currently only) version of RS, I have to use the new remote tcp interface DFHack has now. This is going to be a lot more work than I hoped.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:25:12 pm by sizeak »

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 06, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

Out of curiosity (and so I know when to check back) do you have a conservative estimate for how long it will take? 2-3 weeks? Months?

Mchccjg12

• Bay Watcher
  • [item_weapon:rat_flail]
    • View Profile
    • MCHCSaint Productions
« Reply #1467 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:37 am »

This was exactly the tool I need!

Too bad it isn't compatible with 34.11.  :'(

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 07, 2012, 07:36:59 am »

Oh, you're back? Yayness.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 07, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »

So he's still working on the update, darn. I don't have internet at home so this is a bit of a bummer. Downloaded the old version and it didn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 106