Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 373548 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1155 on: May 06, 2011, 10:30:34 pm »

Can I use Runesmith to destroy ghosts?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 07, 2011, 12:24:51 am »

well you need the flag that toggles ghost to do that and currently Runesmith doesn't have it. you could with Dfusion.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 07, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »

Doesn't the dead flag work on it?
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:12 pm »

some people stated yeah, but there really a ghost flag that gets triggered you could easily remove that and revive the creature I think the number it was for it in Dfusion was 76.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 10, 2011, 10:49:40 am »

Is it possible to add editing of the "psychological trauma" special attribute? Perhaps put it into the "Traits" section, because it has "states" of 33/66/100. I can't find the offset anywhere, sadly.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 10, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »

Does Dead flag work? Yes. Is it easy to determine who will be a ghost who isn't currently haunting someone... if you've not memorized everyone?

Well I've had a few ghosts. Saw the first one and jotted into memory the name, then looked in the civilian list and sure enough there they were. They -and others- were listed in Runesmith as "having trouble breathing", so I then set them to killed and dead. Whoosh they poofed off the screen and finally stayed dead.

When testing something like this it greatly helps when you HATE the civ you're working on , and so regularly they die (relocating demons via replicating x y z coords can help) and you refuse to bury them (magma pits are fantastic for this. bury you? bury what? *whoosh goes the corpse* bury WHAT? be useful haunt someone and kill them), or slab/memorialize them (slabs are for sculture gardens where the animals won't stay in pens because they have to come urinate on the statues in front of their masters/people who might become their masters (or something... stay in the damned pen)).
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Montauk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 15, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »

Why do changes to happiness get reset directly after unpausing the game? It's a bit annoying right now - hope you can help :(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 15, 2011, 04:30:11 pm »

So in short I have a dead dwarf, one, as a strange problem. I have no idea why he bled to death. Invaders are turned off for my megaproject and there is nothing remotely dangerous on map. Question: can I raise him from the dead?

Also if I can raise him, will that stop the friends from going nuts about him dying?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 15, 2011, 08:26:06 pm »

Hello,

Can I run this under Linux with wine?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1164 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »

Hello,

Can I run this under Linux with wine?
Well, I sure can... it's a bit slower than I'd like, but it runs.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 16, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

Why do changes to happiness get reset directly after unpausing the game? It's a bit annoying right now - hope you can help :(

Because whatever is upsetting them is still upsetting them. Sometimes you can slowly keep someone from going too far into the lands of sorrow, but it is often better to try to solve the unhappiness. Checking the individuals thoughts page might help.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 30, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »

Can we has changelog plz?

Changelogs are a very handy tool for users, to help them decide whether to upgrade or not, and it also sates their curiosity. <3

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 04, 2011, 04:17:30 am »

I've noticed a rather inconvenient bug in the latest version:

When I'm using the "Labours" tab to adjust the labors of my dwarves and I click the [Remove Labour] button, it will only remove the labor at the top of the list. It does not matter which labor in the list is highlighted, it will always remove the one from the top. As you can imagine, this can get tedious, like when I only want to remove one or two labors near the bottom of a long list and I would basically have to erase all the labors and add them back one-by-one (excluding the ones that I actually wanted to delete). Also, it can be difficult to remember all the labors the dwarf had so I can add them back.

Another bug I noticed was that when I click the [Add Labour] button and, changing my mind, I click the [Cancel] button. (The need for this happens more often than you might think.) Doing that causes an error message box to appear with a "Could not add labour!" message and the [OK] button must be clicked before anything else is permitted.

BTW: The "Labours" tab would be so much more usable if it was made like the [Flags] tab, with a long list of options (i.e., labors that are either enabled or disabled). Instead of the current bugged system, clicking on check boxes to enable/disable labours would be of tremendous help!

Finally, another bug I noticed was in the "Traits" tab. Specifically, after I double-click on a trait to adjust the value and I choose a value, then when I switch to a different dwarf and then switch back, I see that the list of Traits in the tab now has duplicates. It shows both the old Trait value and the modified Trait value. However, this is a minor issue because after saving the changes and viewing again, it consolidates the Traits and leaves only the new changes.

BTW: Is it at all possible to allow users a [Remove Trait] button? It would be so nice to be able to remove certain Traits entirely from certain dwarves.

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 09, 2011, 03:54:11 pm »

Only problem I found was it sometime crashes the game.
But it's problem just my old computer or whatever.  :P
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 13, 2011, 10:52:32 am »

Quick question. Is there any way to make mood setting work in this version? TBH it's pretty much the only thing I'd like to use runesmith for (sure having 10000 attributes on your miners is kinda funny but it gets boring quick xP)
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106