Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Dwarf Won't get the materials he's asking for?  (Read 13140 times)

Fruitpunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Dwarf Won't get the materials he's asking for?
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »

I have a dwarf who is in a strange mood. He is asking for 4 metal bars, and 1 piece of thread (he's a metalcrafter). So far, I have seen him take 2 bars of aluminum, and I have 2 more waiting for him, as well as a piece of cloth and a piece of thread, yet he just stays at the forge doing nothing. He's been in a fey mood since mid summer game time and now it's early autumn. How much longer do I have until he goes insane?

Also i'm on 40D not DF2010, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:36:31 pm by Fruitpunch »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: My Dwarf Won't get the materials he's asking for?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:43:36 pm »

I have seen him take 2 bars of aluminum, and I have 2 more waiting for him

2 more bars of Aluminum, or just 2 more bars of metal in general?

Also, does he want plant fiber cloth or silk cloth? If it's a Fey Mood, it should say exactly which one is needed.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Fruitpunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:54:19 pm »

2 more bars of aluminum. And he's possessed so it doesn't say which.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

I have a dwarf who is in a strange mood. He is asking for 4 metal bars, and 1 piece of thread (he's a metalcrafter). So far, I have seen him take 2 bars of aluminum, and I have 2 more waiting for him, as well as a piece of cloth and a piece of thread, yet he just stays at the forge doing nothing. He's been in a fey mood since mid summer game time and now it's early autumn. How much longer do I have until he goes insane?

Also i'm on 40D not DF2010, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Cloth thread made from plant fiber and thread made from silk are distinct items... though when a possesed dwarf is craving one or the other the disctintion is not made obvious through the workshop display. I recommend making both available and seeing what happens.

Also, if you weren't aware already. For every 2 seconds a particular message is dispalyed it represents 1 unit of required material.

So "shining bars of metal" displayed for 10 seconds would mean your dwarf is after 5 bars of metal.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Mood

spoiler for a quote from the wiki demonstrate the cloth confusion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:37:06 pm by K4el »