Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lag v. 0.31.06  (Read 2940 times)

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lag v. 0.31.06
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:49 am »

Settings have changed, more stuff happening in your map now, hit some bug that causes lag, etc...

I kinda doubt there's a laptop that can keep that kind of FPS for long in any case.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 11:06:28 am »

Well I made my first 31.05 fort to test a mod, and I was running like 250 fps at embark making it kind of hard to test because all my dwarves starved within the first couple minutes.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Kartik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:58 pm »

Settings have changed, more stuff happening in your map now, hit some bug that causes lag, etc...

I kinda doubt there's a laptop that can keep that kind of FPS for long in any case.

i have 2.5 dual core and 4 gigs ram. i know people with worse desktops than that

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »

i have 2.5 dual core and 4 gigs ram. i know people with worse desktops than that
I'm not sure where you are getting with this (sounds like your laptop is about as or slightly less powerful than my desktop). The point is that while you can have pretty high FPS right after embarking, it's not going to last far into the game. That 200FPS you got before was probably the anomalous number, not the 75 you got now.

Still probably worth to check the init file. Maybe you just forgot to readjust something there when switching to the newest version.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 05:34:43 am »

seriously. do your computers run on steam? im using a laptop :O
Yes.
Your laptop is probably better than my desktop. I get ~40 fps with 40 dwarves.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 [2]