Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: *warning spoilers*What was your first forgotten beast in adventure mode?  (Read 4885 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

This was my first forgotten beast in adventure mode [as a matter of fact my first fb]It was a skinless monster pterosaur with a trunk,deadly blood [i was playing as a steel dwarf on genesis mod so it didn't do anything]and a fetish for biting off the townspeoples feet and noses. [i found it in a town that i was going to burn to the ground so i killed it and found all the townspeople had missing feet and noses,some of the wounds were fresh too but most were not]

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile

I can't find anything in the caverns more interesting than a half-dozen pond grabbers.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a mouse man thing, it was head of a gobin tower for some reson it was unworthy of death so i just beat it up and left.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

It was called a "mahogany brute" and I was somewhat upset by the name because it didn't describe the monster at all. After going on a brief quest I found that it was a giant one-eyed beaver I can't remember what power it had, it was either deadly dust or spittle, whatever it was it didn't do anything, and I was able to beat it with a nerf'd mace.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

Most of my adventurers are strikers, and I find punching very effective at knocking your opponent out.

Anywho, I ran across a steel Rat. Yeah, a STEEL Rat. At the time, I thought I could take it, but I ran after it cut me open a couple of times to only die of an infection.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have never found an fb in adventure mode, and yet I lucked upon a cave inhabited by four 4 giants. go figure.

EDIT: He-he, apparently not all bb code works..

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile

Just put this in another thread, but I recently ran into one made out of steam. My death was swift.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

CodeFerret

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

After slaughtering enough elves to render the site no longer an inhabited site.  I began fast traveling to creatures at the same tile on the fast travel map to hunt down the survivors.  It was then I ran across a Tear Monster coated in the blood of an elf.  It was cold where I was at so the Tear Monster's body was frozen, or it just happened to be a frozen tear monster.  It cain breath tear monster dust at me, that immediately has temperature problems with the air and I've seen it both freeze immediately and begin to boil immediately.  As well the dust doesn't go anywhere aside from all over itself.

I broke its spiral shell made of frozen tears with my hammer, but I've been whacking the body for half an hour.  I personally would like to pretend this beast was born from the thousand tears of the elves I slaughtered.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile

The first I've found was a giant skinless skunk, one of the two of it's kind. I was sent to kill it by the warlord of the town neighboring the village it was the law-giver for, but since I had read all of the good it had done in the legends prior, and how it's female counterpart had died slaughtering an elven commune (100~ kills in one event) I decided to leave it be; as well as killing the warlord that sent me, and kill some elves.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Nothing, despite wandering around the caverns for a few in game weeks in the current version, I'm more afraid of ninja GCS.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile

Zekrim.  A huge, three-eyed crab with a TOUGH shell that shot fireballs.  I caught him by surprise and after some random slashes with my sword he knocked me over, I'm on the ground with him practically on top blocking every one of his hits with my shield and stabbing him with my sword.  It took a huge amount of time but I was eventually able to knock him down by cutting out his legs, then bleeding him out with several more choice stabs.  There were two more shortly after...  One was supposed to be a giant walking bird and another was a giant tick.  Here's the funny part though;  I first met Zekrim in Fortress mode, along with the other two beasts.  My main staircase was an up-down stairwell opening up into the cavern, I didn't think anything about it but all he had to do was sit below my stairwell, stare up and scare the hell out of everyone who got close.  I didn't realize what was going on because I couldn't see the FLOOD of job cancellation messages due to having that option turned off.  I was forced to abandon my fort, and all three beasts somehow managed to claw their way out.  I quickly revisited the fort with an adventurer to find a bunch of old trader's caravan guards and the like fighting the other two beasts, helped kill them pretty quick then went inside to find the crab.  Found him in a room in the lowest part, and killed him.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beaver fiends. All i can find are beaver feinds.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

A Chameleon-monster law-giver. Met her in the inn of a human town I and my companions went to slaughter. It took upwards of 30 real-time minutes and maybe 2 in-game days for my legendary axewoman(human) and my crossbowdwarf companion (that became a legendary hammerer) to kill her, with no help from my speardwarf companion, who probably could have dealt some significant damage to her if he'd stepped in, and also didn't help kill any other members of that civ. Luckily we'd killed just about everyone in that town and were only interrupted a couple times by some children and a ranger(who gave me a nice scar on the lower body with his crossbow.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a pair of forgotten beasts hanging out in the stairwell of my old fortress.  I got incredibly lucky with the first one; it had it's hands full of rope reed clothing it got while beating an elf to death (no idea what an elf was doing in my old fortress) and it focused most of its attention on a semi-conscious bugbat while I gradually chopped bits of it away with my axe.  The second one also went for the bugbat at first, but the beast was actually dangerous and quickly killed the bat, and then it bit one of my hands off and kicked in my skull.

The first one was a humanoid composed of vomit with two short tails and a bloated body, and deadly spittle that came out frozen for whatever reason and was easily blocked.  The second one was a sauropod with external ribs, a gaunt appearance, huge mandibles, and a poisonous bite.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

I just got a wombat brute,an enormous skinless wombat twisted into a human form beware its webs!(it was weak)And the "white ghost",it is an enormous stegosaurid composed of snow.(and a massive pussy)
Pages: [1] 2