Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: I Don't Understand The Obsession With The Japanese  (Read 26836 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: I Don't Understand The Obsession With The Japanese
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2010, 01:59:43 am »

Second one is still broken.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2010, 02:01:30 am »

Hi!

Smigenboger: I am afraid I have to agree with Realmfighter there: Your spoilers are showing up empty for me.

Mmmhhhh, my drawings of her are all on an adult site, so I can't link there.

But maybe the original version of it might help you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or you may want to see my drawing style in action in general, which may give you a better feeling of where to place them:

http://s15.photobucket.com/home/Deathworks/allalbums

(The above is my non-adult photobucket account, mostly used for DF screenshots at the moment (^_^;;)

Deathworks

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

Is she eating glass?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2010, 02:04:02 am »

THAT THING HAUNTS MY NON EXISTENT NIGHTMARE.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:20 am »

My links worked for me, but if they don't work, they aren't really necessary.

Glancing through the albums, it must have been just that picture. The main one looked similar to the shape of a Siamese cat, with a pentagonal head shape, but it was just that picture, as all the other pics were the clearly rounded ones that type of style generally has. Maybe it was the point-of-view, I dunno. Amazing how one or two vectors could change the entire outlook of a drawing.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2010, 02:11:18 am »

Hi!

Is she eating glass?

She is eating a rice ball. The background of the image is that Tama and Miki quarreled, resulting in Miki getting grounded. As luck would have it, that means she would miss going to the hana-mi (cherry blossom festival; people sitting in the parks being noisy and getting drunk). Thus, she secretly uses a spell from their spell book (there is a magical genesis behind them) to shrink herself and hide in Tama's lunch box. However, her plan fails in as much that she accidentally gets eaten by Tama without her ever noticing it. (In the end, she does come out unharmed, though). The image shows just when things go wrong.

Realmfighter: I hope that explanation helps cure your non existing nightmare :) :)

Deathworks

EDIT:
Glancing through the albums, it must have been just that picture. The main one looked similar to the shape of a Siamese cat, with a pentagonal head shape, but it was just that picture, as all the other pics were the clearly rounded ones that type of style generally has. Maybe it was the point-of-view, I dunno. Amazing how one or two vectors could change the entire outlook of a drawing.

Yes, a single pixel can actually change a mouth's expression, I have learned. I am still not sure about the pentagonal head thing. Maybe the rice ball in front of the face together with the otherwise darker surroundings (hair, furry paw) add to that impression.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:14:30 am by Deathworks »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:53 am »

THAT DOES NOTHING TO HELP THE EYES.

LOOK AT THEM.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2010, 04:26:01 pm »

So I was looking up the quarter pounder on Wikipedia to see if they really call it a Royale with Cheese in France, and I noticed something that confirms that one article's mention of Japan being really weird about business.

Instead of adding the quarter pounder to their menu, Japan opened several franchises that sold nothing but quarter pounders.
Shoes...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2010, 05:23:02 pm »

That is weird.

Were they successful?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2010, 06:57:25 pm »

No, they closed them down.
Shoes...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:02 am »

Hi!

That would explain why I never saw anything like that when I was there.
But then again, I definitely hadn't gone to Japan to eat a quarter pounder (^_^;;

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]