Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: I Don't Understand The Obsession With The Japanese  (Read 26845 times)

Pathos

Re: I Don't Understand The Obsession With The Japanese
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2010, 05:16:08 am »

Looking back it wasn't really just Pathos I guess. A lot of people made this worse than it should have been already was. My apologies for singling you out, Pathos.

???

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:21 am »

Looking back it wasn't really just Pathos I guess. A lot of people made this worse than it should have been already was. My apologies for singling you out, Pathos.

???

You... made a confused smiley? How is that confusing?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2010, 05:45:34 am »

Hi!

I have a question, are we sure that Deathwork's avatar IS female? I've always assumed it was an immature male cat-thing eating something, or maybe yawning. It doesn't even have boobs, so it can't be both female AND anime.
Uh...

Oooops, I am really sorry I didn't reply to this before. I got caught up so much about ToonyMan's good statement, I totally forgot to answer this question.

Yep, those are Tama and Miki, two cat girls I have created. So, we got a standard case of an avatar with female characters used by a male user.

Realmfighter: Mmmhhh, now why do you hope that? :) :) :)

Leafsnail: Of course, you have now invited people to learn a lot of things they would rather not know :) :) :)

Deathworks

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »

I could probably deal with my wife poofing into a catgirl any time she wears a little magic locket or something. Hey! I just have to write a script now!

SECRET LOCKET NEKO WIFE!

Thank you Bay12Games, you've made me a millionaire.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:11 pm »

I could probably deal with my wife poofing into a catgirl any time she wears a little magic locket or something. Hey! I just have to write a script now!

SECRET LOCKET NEKO WIFE!

Why stop at catgirls?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:21 pm »

Oh no, now that you said something, I see the same problem I have with catgirls on SWAT Kats as with that picture. The hair seems separate from the person, so instead of seeing one blended picture, I'm seeing the 'cat' of the person, and then the 'hair'. Catperson-heads look really strange to me, but the person-with-cat-ears looks less logically paradox-like, and now I'm going to see that every time I look at it.

I think it's the sharpness of the head, compared to the roundness of a human one.

Ed- On a second glance, the top half gives the cathead look, and the bottom half looks like a human child.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:43:04 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2010, 11:03:56 pm »

SECRET LOCKET NEKO WIFE!

Why stop at catgirls?

10% rule. No paw hands either. And I could do without the tail. And ears. Actually, you know what? Just brainwash her to think she's a catgirl. Let me call some buddies at Langley...
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Pathos

« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2010, 11:34:32 pm »

You... made a confused smiley? How is that confusing?

I don't remember you "targetting me", so... ???

Nor did I make this thread any worse than it could be. ;D

10% rule. No paw hands either. And I could do without the tail. And ears. Actually, you know what? Just brainwash her to think she's a catgirl. Let me call some buddies at Langley...

Don't forget the maid outfit.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2010, 12:50:22 am »

Hi!

Oh no, now that you said something, I see the same problem I have with catgirls on SWAT Kats as with that picture. The hair seems separate from the person, so instead of seeing one blended picture, I'm seeing the 'cat' of the person, and then the 'hair'. Catperson-heads look really strange to me, but the person-with-cat-ears looks less logically paradox-like, and now I'm going to see that every time I look at it.

I think it's the sharpness of the head, compared to the roundness of a human one.

Ed- On a second glance, the top half gives the cathead look, and the bottom half looks like a human child.

Mmmmhhhh, interesting. You see, if anything, I would have expected the ears to be considered the alien part, not the entire hair. For if I were to draw a human head, the hair would basically be the same (^_^;;

So, I guess my style is not really your preferred style (^_^;;

Deathworks

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:28 am »

SECRET LOCKET NEKO WIFE!

Why stop at catgirls?

Fuck 10%, go for dangerously cheesy.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2010, 01:31:44 am »

It seems like a redundancy, as the cat already has cat fur, and then human hair added. To me it sticks out the same way having cat ears and then human ears would stick out. I guess it's sort of an artifact of merging chibi and anthropomorph leaning more towards 30% or 70%. What struck me as odd with SWAT Kats was most of the males did fur-only, which was pulled off well as it feels more natural, except when an enemy has a ridiculous mohawk (silly '90s), but the females had what seemed like wigs on.

I guess this could be subverted/justified in the case of a horse (and some birds), which both has hair and fur. Giraffes too?
While talking to AJ:

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2010, 01:38:18 am »

Hi!

Ah, I see. Mmmhhh, but I think that then you will not really get happy with any proper Japanese cat girls (unless they are bald), for they are usually not furred anywhere besides the ear, tail, and paws, if they are a pawed variety. Fur on the head/face is something that is common for furries and I would argue that the difference in the meanings have an influence on these tendencies.

Deathworks

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2010, 01:52:56 am »

Ohh, so you are talking along the lines of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Where I was mistaking that with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That makes a lot more sense in that respect. When I saw the shape of the head without the hair, it threw my perspective as leaning more toward the cat side than the human side, but if I squint I see the face looks like skin and not fur. I think that picture will remain an enigma for me until I happen along another drawing of the same character.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:57:00 am by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2010, 01:55:57 am »

I can see how you mistook a broken image for another broken image.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2010, 01:57:08 am »

d'oh
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27