Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 82 (40%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.1%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 2000334 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V13] Finally!
« Reply #1860 on: August 05, 2012, 06:41:18 pm »

Hey , lazy newb       pack creator ! you should add the DFhak in the pack .

It has been there in past versions. I think it is a problem on DFhack's end, not a Lazy Newb Pack issue.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V14] Now With DFHack!
« Reply #1861 on: August 05, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »

Here's a small update for those who wanted a DFHack version again!

Version 14 Released:
-Split back into regular/advanced versions!
-Update: SoundSense r35
-Added: DFHack 0.34.11 r1 (Advanced only)
-Quickfort utilities moved to Advanced only

EDIT:
No, the reason DFHack wasn't included earlier was because it didn't seem worth it to update to a whole new pack just for DFHack, since it was easy to just install DFHack onto the old pack, and nothing much else has been updated since then. I've gone and done it finally for you lazy lazites though!

Could you include the parameters for a Lazy Newb World that is also suitable for adventure mode? Maintain the same frequency of minerals and volcanoes, but increase the size and history length? I know next to nothing about genning worlds myself, but I'm sure that some other things like number of sites and civilizations may have to be tweaked as well to make the world ideal for adventurers.
You're one of the first people to comment on the Lazy Newb World so thanks!! I'm really out of the loop when it comes to worldgen changes, and I don't play adventure mode, but maybe I'll look into it. If you or someone can give me more concrete ideas/values i'll implement them, but I'm scared I'd screw things up if I punch in whatever I think will work.

Will not run I get these error message one after the other
Both Read file errors Looking for Init.txt and d_init.txt
In the Dwarf Fortress files i looked where it said they shuld be and they were there
Did you extract the .zip folder? If you're trying to play the game from the .zip it wont work. Or else you've put everything into a windows system/protected folder.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:24:30 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 06, 2012, 05:36:12 am »

Thanks man, I appreciate your efforts. I'm neither lazy nor a noob, but nevertheless a fan of the LNP. ;)
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 06, 2012, 11:32:48 pm »

Holy SHIT!! I actually went and changed the GUI!

I don't have time to put it in a new pack today, but you guys can download the new version here to test it out!
Just overwrite the old .exe with this one. Give me feedback and make sure it works please!
Any other suggestions or things I forgot?

DOWNLOAD THE NEW GUI HERE
This is ONLY a new GUI, not in a whole pack yet

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:53:09 am by LucasUP »

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 07, 2012, 06:37:31 am »

I'm going to miss "A vile force of !!FUN!! has arrived".

The Aquifer button looks lonely now.  Maybe a button to remove grazer tags instead of the old exotics button since some aspects of grazing are bugged?

Otherwise looks good.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 07, 2012, 09:46:52 am »

i think removing grazing would be cheating , the grazing should be removed only to creatures with bugged grazing .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 07, 2012, 10:07:25 pm »

i think removing grazing would be cheating , the grazing should be removed only to creatures with bugged grazing .

Technically so is removing Aquifers, Invaders, Temperature, etc (and so was Exotics). I'm fine with some "cheaty" options if they have good reason (and they are OPTIONAL).
But I don't really know whats bugged with grazer tags. Is it really just specific creatures, or isn't it that pretty much all grazers just eat up grass at a ridiculous rate at the moment?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:31 am »

It's that some require too much grass to survive and they end up starving.  Also, pandas will only eat bamboo, so if there's none on the map they starve.  And some people just hate the micromanagement.

Fortressdeath

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 08, 2012, 10:49:09 am »

Pandas, I think should be left as-is.  If dwarves could feed livestock, then I'd say it would be acceptable to mod in a panda fix where you could grow bamboo in above-ground farm plots.  Or have an optional panda-fix which turns off their grazer tag, but default it to "off".

The larger grazers, which starve, even in a decent sized pasture - I don't think it would be out of line to adjust their needs downward until they no longer starve.  According to the pasture page on the wiki, it's only Elephants / Rhinos who constantly starve because they have a graze value <= 20.  So a value of 24 should be enough for them (or adjust all grazers of <= 60 to be =60 if you want to be *very* newbie friendly).

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:42 am »

yea , i was meaning , why to remove all grazers if only 2 of them are bugged ?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 08, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »

Can i have some help i downloaded the latest version and when i try to lancuh it i get a message saying the Dada/Init Folder(in Dwarf Fortress Folders) is missing init.text and d_init.text, But i go there and they are there.
Can anyone Help?

Edit: more detial On missing files

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:49 am »

You're one of the first people to comment on the Lazy Newb World so thanks!! I'm really out of the loop when it comes to worldgen changes, and I don't play adventure mode, but maybe I'll look into it. If you or someone can give me more concrete ideas/values i'll implement them, but I'm scared I'd screw things up if I punch in whatever I think will work.

Well I only ever mess with the sliders on the basic worldgen screen, or go to advance to hit the Lazy Newb World button. Don't be afraid of failure though. Just throw the word *Beta* or *Unstable* Into the name of your adventure friendly lazy newb world setting, and keep the old setting as an option for people who don't want to be your test subjects or wait however long a world with proper size and history takes to gen.

On a somewhat related side note, has anybody noticed fewer vampires in their lazy newb world? I haven't gotten a single one in several forts. I'm thinking it has to do with a shorter history giving vamp curses less time to get started and spread.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:40 am »

Can i have some help i downloaded the latest version and when i try to lancuh it i get a message saying the Dada/Init Folder(in Dwarf Fortress Folders) is missing init.text and d_init.text, But i go there and they are there.
Can anyone Help?

Edit: more detial On missing files

Have you unzipped the package including all subfolders? Sounds like you are trying to start from within the zipped package.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:45 am »

If removing grazer tags entirely seems to easy, an alternative would be to simply give them all the same grazer value as sheep.

Fortressdeath

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:29 am »

or just make the gazer value for elephants and others surviveable .
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137