Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 82 (40%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.1%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 2001117 times)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.12] [V4.3] - Now With Ironhand & Mayday!
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2010, 01:15:45 pm »

So has anyone tried switching their graphics around? Was it easy enough to figure out? Did you decide that you liked another set over the others?

Also wanted to say that its really awesome that this pack is legitimately GETTING PEOPLE TO PLAY DWARF FORTRESS, which is supposed to be an impossible feat or something.
Thanks for the cheesy endorsements guys :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:32:44 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Neo3d

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2010, 06:34:42 pm »

*Raises hand.  The Lazy pack did it for me nicely.
     Best Game Ever. 
     Someone over at blenderartists posted about this game that had the worst visuals ever but had the deepest and most immersive gameplay that he had ever seen.  Sounded like my type of game so I checked out some tutorials by sippycup on youtube and I knew it was for me.
     You guys that are working on this thing are awesome.  Each and every one of you guys.  The spriters, modders, Noob-pack gatherers and just general fans. 
     If we can get this thing integrated with stonesense and some sounds/animations this thing could really take off.  My jaw dropped off my chin when I read the stories and all the things that you can do with this game.  Bigtime respect for Toad and everyone involved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TicklemeHellmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:14 am »

I tried installing mayday instead of phobeus by following the instructions on the front page but all it did was change the tile colour of my dwarfs and replace all the animals with the letters that represent them. What exactly did I do wrong?*

*It also messed up the save game updater until I restored the raw folder >:(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:02:47 am by TicklemeHellmo »

TicklemeHellmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2010, 03:03:39 am »

I managed to manually replace the files instead. disregard my previous post.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:06:26 am by TicklemeHellmo »

TicklemeHellmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2010, 04:36:04 am »

How up to date with the latest version of the game is Mayday though? does it actually matter?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11:07 am »

All sets are using the latest version (31.12). Technically it /should/ matter, because otherwise you'd be overwriting new raws with older ones.

Also glad you figured it out, where did you initially go wrong? Could I have made something more clear?

nepenthes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2010, 11:07:52 am »

the pack has helped me so much. I think the last time I played DF was last year, so I really didn't want to download all those utilities and graphics all over again. I swapped from the default graphics pack to mayday easily enough :)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:39 pm »

About changing graphics, why not have *.bat for each graphics pack in this folder? It would delete graphics folder, copy data and raws from appropriate GP, and execute savegame updater.

By the way, DFInit does not work. something about component TABCTL32.OCX or dependencies not correctly registered.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2010, 05:14:12 pm »

Thanks. Dont have much more to say then that, just thanks.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:56 pm »

About changing graphics, why not have *.bat for each graphics pack in this folder? It would delete graphics folder, copy data and raws from appropriate GP, and execute savegame updater.
I would LOVE to do this. I've had this very idea, but I don't know how to write .bat (also DFConfig was supposed to do this but was never finished). If you have a good resource for learning the commands send it my way (or if you know someone who would write such a thing), I haven't been able to find any reliable resources. I'm an Adequate Programmer though, so I understand the concepts.

By the way, DFInit does not work. something about component TABCTL32.OCX or dependencies not correctly registered.
Try running DFInit in administrator mode. I've gotten this error myself in Vista/7

the pack has helped me so much. I think the last time I played DF was last year, so I really didn't want to download all those utilities and graphics all over again. I swapped from the default graphics pack to mayday easily enough :)
Thanks. Dont have much more to say then that, just thanks.
You guys are very welcome! I'm glad to be of help, and happy everything is working for ya.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »

I am having some problems with the graphics packs.  I used Ironhands at first just to see how it worked, but then decided to return to Phoebus.  I followed all instructions, deleted my DF/raw/graphics folder, copied/merged all contents from Phoebus graphics folder, ran df/df_savegameupdater, and now keep returning an error.  Missing definition Item_Food_Mash.  I have figured out that the raw/objects folder for Ironhand is different than the same folder in mayday and phoebus.  My saved games cannot run now, as they keep demanding raw/object definitions from Ironhand.  The Item_food so far is the only file I can find, but I have a feeling tehre are more changes, since the folders are slightly different sizes (1.77Mb vs 1.8Mb) (not much, but enough) and I dont think the few lines in Item_Food make up that .03Mb
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »

Hmm, yeah I didn't think there would be too many issues with raws, but I guess I didn't realise Ironhand had some added stuff like that. Once you start changing back and forth, things can get weird. There are supposed to be differences, but mostly just referring to different tiles (which shouldn't mess things up)

Try copying Ironhands "item_food.txt" back into the same folder in your DF directory , and keep on copying individual files if more errors pop up.
Worst case scenario re-install ironhand graphics.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:42:53 pm by LucasUP »

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2010, 06:58:40 pm »

Figured.  Thanks

Edit:
Now i Have mising creature definition Llama.  Hmmm, this might take a while

Edit2:
The list is building. Comparing the folders side by side, I can see the differences in the "date modified".  Not sure I wanna mess with it though
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:02:41 pm by Gorjo MacGrymm »
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2010, 07:37:31 pm »

Hmm. I really don't know the best way to fix your problem other then sticking to Ironhand or manually re-tooling your tileset. There used to be a utility that did comparitive raw/tileset changes, not sure if it still works or if it would work for your needs.

Does somebody else know of a solution?

In the meantime I've put up some warnings in the graphic switching section. Sorry for the problems :(
Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:39:35 pm by LucasUP »

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2010, 07:40:38 pm »

No Problem.  Just thought I would point out the issue.  Also, THANKS! for the all the work and great package set!  Some friends and I really found the whole Pack to be exceptional.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137