Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 82 (40%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.1%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 2000149 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Updated GUI!
« Reply #1905 on: September 21, 2012, 07:35:19 pm »

Great Science, never knew that.  Thanks for sharing it, Hanni79.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

d0mbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 23, 2012, 07:38:29 am »

Hiya.

First of all: the pack is great, can't do without it.

Lately I am suffering from an issue though: i get consistently more dwarves migrated in, even after reaching the cap. Is this a known issue?
Does it have to do with DF itself, or can't change something in the init files the LNP way.....?

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 23, 2012, 08:54:08 am »

@d0mbo:
The cap works a bit strange. As far as I understood it, there can be something like a delay until it actually kicks in.
I believe that the first two or three waves of migrants solely depend on the wealth you create, because migration waves are stopped when the dwarven caravan reports back in the main home that you reached your maximum. Therefore, migration waves really big can hit you if you work fast until the dwarven diplomat reaches the mountainhome again.

Oh, found it in the wiki : http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Migration#Limiting.2Fpreventing_immigration

Hope that shed some light :)

@knutor : I have to admit that wasn't my research, but I thought this is definitely worth spreading ^^ Also, I should have been able to guess, since the only trouser I found in the Trade select Menu was the only one not stored in Bins. But nooo, me of course thinks, "Nah, the problem can't be that easy...."  :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:41:54 am by hanni79 »

Speeeedy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

So the utilities listed under "Additional Utilities": Legends Viewer, Perfect World DF, Runesmith, Mouse Fortress, Fortress Overseer, IsoWorld.  Am I correct that these utilities are NOT included in the initial download of the lazy newb pack?  If so, what exactly is the reason they are listed on the page?  It seems disingenuous to me.  Maybe there should be a line of text somewhere letting us lazy newbs know that they will not have mouse fortress installed automatically?  (I point out Mouse Fortress specifically because have a mouse UI is a big deal to some people I've talked to)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:06:56 pm by Speeeedy »

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:24 pm »

Mayday's tileset has been updated to 34.11.

I extracted the graphics files and raws for use with LNP. Here's the link, so spread the joy around:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7025
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 10, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »

Between the Mayday update and the DFHack update, the Lazy Newb update will probably be on their heals.
That's all welcome news to me.

Cheers to everyone who makes all these wonderful tools, graphics, and enhancements that make playing DF less painful.

newpirate

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 16, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »

Can someone please help me, i did everything i was suppose to but i still get this error message:
Error: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
some one plzzzz help

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

I have an issue with fonts dispaying, and I'm not sure if it has any relation to Lazy Newb Pack or the Phoebus tileset.

If I set True Type Fonts to Yes in the LNP interface, sometimes parts of text are not displayed. The missing parts of text blink briefly if I move the cursor to the item or log report.

The issue seems to be solved by disabling True Type, but it looks better than using tileset fonts :(

Is this a known issue, and is there a way to fix it?

Screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 21, 2012, 01:33:37 am »

It's a known issue and has nothing at all to do with LNP

Ilium Dwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 25, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »

I had some computer problems (DF stopped loading then gave me a BSD when I tried to uninstall. Yay!) so I reinstalled the whole LNP, but now it says it cannot find  LNP\utilties\exclusions.txt   

I can find it. The file seems to be where it is supposed to be, but the program can't find it. Any help?

superaub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 26, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »

Hello I am having some trouble with LNP 0.34.11 v15

I unzip to desktop, throw the four elements into a folder called Lazynewbpack and try to run Lazy Newb Pack.exe
The result is and Application Error - 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).'

I tried with both advanced version and regular version with the same result.  DF runs fine, as does DT (havent tried other utils, but if DT runs I assume they will as well)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 26, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Don't play from a folder on the Desktop.  Try closer to root, or a subfolder one away from \Program Files\.  Not sure if this will work or not, but I've had issues with Desktop folders, and themes, resolutions, and DOSBOX.  Has something to do with a program running ontop of a program, in different priorities, some memory sizes have real problems compensating for that.

Things closer to root directory, tend to execute off the HD faster.  Thus keeping up with the RAM, which is prolly the fastest thing next to system processor and graphics processor. 

Don't use DT as a guiding post.  That app tends to be very tempermental, depending on the windows version, and cumulative multitasks.  Sometimes my DT works like a charm, and then other times, it completely craps out.  Not sure if its DT or Windows Defender, DEP(data execution protection) defending me from useless things.  I can just picture DEP having issues with DT, even if I don't have it on good authority. 
Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

superaub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »

Thanks Knutor!

*Unfortunately, still getting the application failed to launch error :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:09:55 am by superaub »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 27, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »

Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed? Even if you have the 3rd or 4th installed, you still need 3.5. It is linked in the top post.

In other news, I'm sorry for not getting much done on the LNP and mod patcher thingie I was working on, but being in my country's best school is quite a time-taker. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:37 am »

I stuck that error in Bing.  Here is the link

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 137