Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 82 (40%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.1%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 2000118 times)

TraderJones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.31.25] [V9.2] NEW & UP-TO-DATE!
« Reply #1005 on: June 28, 2011, 01:57:49 pm »

short version:  Installed Lazy Newb v9.2, installed bentgirder save game, started DF everything was fine.  Exited, started Lazy Newb Pack gui, ticked Economy No, changed the graphics to Mayday, tried to start DF, got the "missing Reaction Definition" message.  Tried to switch back to the default ascii, still get the message.  re-installed bentgirder and started DF, came up fine (in acsii mode).  Tried the other graphic packages, same result....

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 28, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »

The problem is with bentgirder. I wouldn't recommend using bentgirder right now. It was made with an older version of the game, and you are essentially missing out on a bunch of new game features, and installing newer graphics/raws over it breaks it.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Snowflame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2011, 05:03:59 am »

Okay, I'm not sure what's going on but I can't embark.

Made a new world, that works fine, go to start a fortress, loads fine. I tried using one of the lazy newb starter groups of dwarves and got the cave lobster error. So I go in and change that. I hit 'e' to embark and the game hangs and then after a minute or so crashes.

So I fugure I just gotta do it the hard way. So I skill up my dwarves manually and do all the equipment and such. I hit 'e' to embark and... it hangs up and then closes itself after a couple minutes. Am I doing something wrong? The only options I use in the launcher are turning off aquifers and the intro movie and making the game save seasonally.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 01, 2011, 12:58:55 pm »

Hmm. Could be because of your embark location having some bug, or being too big. Don't think your doing anything wrong, just try another location or world.

CalicoStu

• Escaped Lunatic
  • !!GREAT BALLS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »

You sir, are the reason i could get into Dwarf Fortress.  The lazy Newb Pack made this damnably complex game accessible.  Between the LNP, the forums, and the Wiki, i have a grasp of this wonderful community's sense of humour, and its histories of hilarious and off-beat inside jokes, killer carp and the flippin' zombie elephants. 

Now when a friend or colleague goes on and on about the weapon customization choices in a shooter i can ask, "Can you make procedurealy-generated masterpiece weapons with depictions of important events in the history of the game's fiction?"

Or someone won't stop about the depth of choices you can make for your Civ. in Civilization, I can ask, "Is it possible to dump your prisoners of war down a huge pit with spikes at the bottom?  Then flood it with magma?  Then cave the ceiling in on them?  Then do it again?"

Videogames seem to be more and more about a corridor experience, and they reflect a growing trend not to think outside of the box, this game that got me out of my gaming slump would have been impossible for me to ease into without your pack.  So thank you, thanks Toady One, and thanks B12.

Firist time poster,  Calico Stu.

Average score for the trap shooting season: 83%

Currently: Gaming.  Shooting.  Learning.

Pirates WOULD beat ninjas.  I'm tired of internet pop culter downgrading the importance of naval superiority.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 02, 2011, 10:56:49 pm »

Haha, thanks for the great post! You're certainly welcome for whatever part I played in your enjoyment!  :)

Drifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 08, 2011, 08:40:34 am »

Is there a way to add civ forge mod to work with LNP?
Quote from: saltmummy626
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2011, 11:44:41 am »

yes, install graphics pack first, then the mod.
ta-da!
(remember to backup too)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

a1maxmad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 09, 2011, 01:11:27 am »

Any chance there will be a MAC version of this?

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 09, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »

Is there a Mac version of this? I'm specifically looking to play in Adventure mode with some sort of updated graphics.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 15, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »

Sorry no mac version as yet. There were a few people looking into it but it hasn't happened.
Your best bet is to just to use one of the pre-installed graphics packs:
+ Phoebus Graphics
+ Ironhand's Graphics
+ Mayday's Graphics

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 15, 2011, 08:55:26 pm »

Thank you. My quest for the holy Dwarf Fortress in Adventurer mode with Graphics on a Mac continues. I feel that I have gained much Experience already, and will doubtlessly be Level 2 soon.

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 16, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »

Not sure if this is an issue with LNP or DF, but I figured I'll try posting here first to see if it's ever been reported here before, and to get opinions here on whether I ought to report it on Mantis if it isn't an LNP issue.

Tech Details:

LNP 9.1
DF 31.25 unmodded, ASCII tileset (installed correctly for my save, I've been using it from the get go on this fortress.)

Problem:

I've been running a fortress for nearly three years now via LNP, with seasonal auto-saves, initial save, compress save, and auto-backup enabled. I have noticed that when I save in the normal manner (via ESC key,) DF will behave like it is saving normally, and exit to the menu after some time, but if I press Continue Playing to load a save, there is no save data being saved. The seasonal auto-saves work as intended, but the manual save via the menu is not writing any save data. This is somewhat frustrating, as I am required to play until an auto-save takes place whenever I want to stop playing.

Curious, I opened windows explorer and went into the DF>data>save folder. All of the auto-saves are there, with the titles region1, region1-win-250, etc., and there is also a "current" folder like there always is when a current save is available. However, the "current" save folder has no data contained therein, even though the "date modified" column shows the proper time when I attempted to manually save.

I do not know if this is an LNP bug, but as I said I'd like to get your opinion on the issue. I did find a similar bug reported on Mantis quite some time ago that also made use of the LNP (though he used LNP 8.4 and DF 31.21), so I figured I'd start my quest for enlightenment here. I read the note posted on that bug report, and I am not having the issue stated there by Logical2u.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. Love LNP for the embark profiles, I really am lazy :P

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 17, 2011, 01:18:08 am »

I really cant see this being a LNP problem. Maybe a game bug with certain auto-save settings. But very strange.

Zanziik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 17, 2011, 10:56:27 am »

I really cant see this being a LNP problem. Maybe a game bug with certain auto-save settings. But very strange.

Thanks for the input, I really suspected it's DF rather than LNP, but I just wanted a second opinion. I'll report it on Mantis. Thanks again, and thanks for the great work putting out this pack.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 137