Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 expert Graphics questions  (Read 500 times)

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 expert Graphics questions
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:32:49 am »

1) "Variable positions" now exist. These positions create nobles with titles like "law-giver" which are not present in the raw files for entities. Can graphics be displayed for creatures that have been appointed to a 'variable position'?

2) While editing a graphics pack, I noticed that all of my nobles and adventurers have their background color flashing between black and blue. When playing with the options set to GRAPHICS:NO, then the adventurers and nobles have only black background color, as is expected. I assume that legendary dwarfs will have messed up flashing backgrounds as well. How can I stop this madness?

Who is expert enough to answer either of these questions?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: 2 expert Graphics questions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:11:42 am »

2) While editing a graphics pack, I noticed that all of my nobles and adventurers have their background color flashing between black and blue. When playing with the options set to GRAPHICS:NO, then the adventurers and nobles have only black background color, as is expected. I assume that legendary dwarfs will have messed up flashing backgrounds as well. How can I stop this madness?
Report it in 0.31.06 thread, it's a bug of 06 graphical output.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:13:53 am »

I don't know the answer for your first question, but for the 2nd one, I think the flashing backgrounds have more to do with the tileset design rather than the graphics pack.  You've got to outline your figure in magenta if you want to see it when the game decides to the flashing stuff.   I was annoyed by the same problem, and have tried tweaking my own tileset as a fix... I'd be happy if someone else tries it out and likes it:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---
I started off with Phoebus' tileset, but have been trying to change things around towards the direction of making the text more readable.  Since graphics was broken on 31_04, I haven't used any graphics pack, and have redrawn a lot of the tiles.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:23:20 am by Roop »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:30:12 am »

It was ok pre-06, but now it shows a blue background instead of black when it flashes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:23:58 am »

For number 1) the answer is: I don't think saw. You can only apply gfx to named positions.
<3