Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lemunde Tileset for Mike Mayday's set updated for 31.06  (Read 3979 times)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lemunde Tileset for Mike Mayday's set updated for 31.06
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:45 pm »

Now that the new SDL graphics are up and running somewhat reliably I went ahead and updated my tileset to work with the latest version of Mike Mayday's set.  Aside from compatibility, there are a few significant changes. 

You'll notice that almost all the rough walls now have a textured background.  The textures only show up when there is a background color so you shouldn't notice any weirdness.  It's basically just black with various levels of transparency to make it look not-black so when there's a black background you won't even see it.  So now gems and such that are embedded in a wall now look like they're embedded in a wall.  Ores found in walls now look much more natural.  I wasn't actually going out of my way to make them look better, it just sort of turned out that way.

And there's several other minor tweaks.  It's available on the DFWiki tileset repository or you can download it here:

Preview:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lemunde Tileset for Mike Mayday's set updated for 31.06
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:21:17 pm »

Why is that dwarf drowning in the dining room?   :o

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lemunde Tileset for Mike Mayday's set updated for 31.06
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:42:02 pm »

He's not drowning, he's legendary.  I'm not sure why but for some reason they don't flash the same way they used to.  The tileset doesn't affect the dwarves themselves so it isn't my tileset that's doing it.